Jerky Live Video and Jump
2263 4 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
superheromedia.
New

United States

Our company received our Inspire 1 and we are extremely happy.  There is, however, a few issues that I wanted to present here incase someone else is having them or knows a solution:

1.  We currently use a Galaxy Tab S to fly as the "master" screen.  All firmware and software is up to date.  When flying, I know there is supposed to be a small amount of lag due to it being digital vs. analog, however, my live stream seems to be jerky.  I accept that it may lag behind by up to a second, but it seems to run smoothly then jerk, run smooth then jerk a bit.  I can film my screen later if someone needs a visual of this.  Sometimes the video will also get extremely pixelated, then return to smooth HD.  I noticed the issue seemed to get a bit better when I turned the tablet to airplane mode, which disables wifi and such.  This might just be in my head.  I also tried a fresh reboot of the device too.  

2. When flying we notice that the video will jump and create a shift for a second.  Once again, this is hard to explain but here is a video below that shows when it happens.  Look between 3:05 and 3:08 for the jerk in the video.  This seems to happen randomly.  This was just a goofing around video we made to see what the quality may look like, so feel free to skip to that section the video is nothing special.

Thanks for anyone that may have some answers.  I'm assuming our tablet is powerful enough for this unit, as it's a very fast and new tablet.

Matthew Arch of Superhero Media (changing to Aerial Media Productions)
www.superheromedia.us

2015-1-23
Use props
peter.a.bosmans
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6321191 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Yep: i've just had one of those "jumps" today as well...
2015-1-27
Use props
neuroverse
lvl.1

United States

Can't say I've witnessed one of those jumps yet, but I can also confirm that the Galaxy S is jerky in video feed. iPad Mini 2 has been pretty great so far..
2015-1-27
Use props
lynxskyshots
lvl.2

United States

We experienced the jerky, pixelated images as well.  Sounds like you still have the Lightbridge set on "auto".  Switch to custom, find a channel that is fairly clear toward the 13 to 15 range, and adjust the slide to reduce resolution.  We also use a Flysite  monitor hooked to HDMI on the second controller.  Camera op  has almost zero latency!  (We are using Galaxy Tab S as well).
2015-1-27
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Has been deleted...
youtube.jpg
2015-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules