Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
osmo or gimbal for gopro
2933 9 2016-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tommycbaker
lvl.3

has anyone used a gimbal for a gopro camera instead of osmo?  the vids are similar in quality but was wondering(since i have 2 gopros) is this a cheaper alternative than spending 600 dollars on osmo?
2016-6-27
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

I use both.... The gopro gimbals are cheap and if you cant decide then save for another couple days and buy both.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for the post.

We would also like to hear more from you on this topic.
Any of your suggestions and valuable opinions about the Osmo will be appreciated. We'll take your user experience as a top priority and try to improve our service to the most in the future.
2016-6-27
Use props
fcwcX7Mmy0CI
New

Norway

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-28 09:40
Thanks for the post.

We would also like to hear more from you on this topic.

It would be very neat if the Dji Osmo Mobile would have an adapter so that you could fit both a smartphone AND a gopro (not at the same time, of course), making it very versatile.
2016-9-1
Use props
Sky-way
lvl.2

United States

I have watched a lot of videos comparing the osmo to a gopro on a gimbal and the osmo beats any gimbal that can hold a gopro.  I'm not talking about camera quality, I'm talking about gimbal quality.  The videos are just a lot smoother and look better in my opinion.
2016-9-1
Use props
fcwcX7Mmy0CI
New

Norway

Watching the videos of the Osmo Mobile, it does not seem to difficult fitting a gopro on there. I wanna buy one just to try..!
2016-9-1
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

The OSMO is a better option.  GoPro gimbals do not have the operator controlled gimbal features that the OSMO does, as well as the buttons to begin video or shoot pictures quickly.  Also, the gimbal motors do not last OR have the range of motion.  We have had two Feiyu-Tech Gimbals and motors burnt out after a few months.   Ikan has a Fly-X3 gimbal that can mount GoPro's and SmartPhones.  I know some live-streamers that use this product and have had great reviews.....IMO.....still not an OSMO.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fcwcX7Mmy0CI Posted at 2016-9-1 12:22
Watching the videos of the Osmo Mobile, it does not seem to difficult fitting a gopro on there. I wa ...

Actually it won't work. The DJI Mobile requires a powerful device running Android or iOS.
2016-9-1
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-2 09:17
Actually it won't work. The DJI Mobile requires a powerful device running Android or iOS.

I use both! I must say that the osmo is much flexible than GOPRO gimbal.
2016-9-2
Use props
lourensvanrooye
New
South Africa

D-I-Y

I made a mold/mount out of foam for my action cam. I can use it as a front facing cam without the gimbal being in the shot.
It works perfectly and don't need the DJI Go app or mobile phone.

2016-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules