Vote for Phantom 4 CSC
9296 73 2016-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Have setting in the app....also bring this to the P3 line.
2016-6-29
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

Throttle stick 100% down + RTH (or PWR, or either) for immediate motor shut-down whether descending or not. That's throttle stick, not left stick.

There may be a case where the aircraft is tumbling down a hill and barometer telemetry indicates it is 'descending' preventing throttle 100% down alone from shutting down motors.
2016-6-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Make RTFM mandatory... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-6-29
Use props
gary.iphone
New

United States

How about a "transport" button. When pressed, the AC would would vanish and reappear on the ground at the take off location. The only thing you would have to be careful of is not to stand at that point or you would have the Phantom become part of your leg.

Not much crazier than some of the suggestions posted.
2016-6-29
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Also, the shutdown needs to be immediate.. not 3 sec wait.. Throttle down and rth is an option, but i'd still prefer a dedicated button, or 2! like power and rth?
2016-6-29
Use props
ivo
New

Brazil

The right way is doing like in any other machine. A red button covered but easy to access. Look how it is in a elevator, trains, airplanes etc. Don't reinvent the wheel!!!A red button brings by itself the message of "emergency" and be careful about it.
2016-6-30
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-29 14:16

RedHotPoker

Read the FINE manual.....................I like that...
2016-6-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

EdM Posted at 2016-6-30 07:31
Read the FINE manual.....................I like that...

Actually, while in mixed company, that shall be: Read The Flight Manual. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-30
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

CSC should be an option at the very least. The current command is too easy to apply
2016-6-30
Use props
k.lower
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Don't change the CSC again but disarm it above 10ft.
PS I've always wondered if it's attivated in flght can you restart the motors before it hits the ground
2016-6-30
Use props
bmamalis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2372 ft
United States

k.lower@hotmail Posted at 2016-6-30 11:15
Don't change the CSC again but disarm it above 10ft.
PS I've always wondered if it's attivated in f ...

I'm embarrassed to say I too have this question.
2016-6-30
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New CSC could be

Old Stick combo with C1 and C2 at the same time, so both sticks to bottom internal corners plus C1 and C2
2016-7-1
Use props
menksters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80112 ft
United States

Vote to leave as is But ADD GO APP update to provide off on option.
2016-7-1
Use props
dperhac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221555 ft
United States

I think there just needs to be a power down button on the controller
2016-7-1
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Not many posts are addressing the main issue in the OP:

"there are still a number of new pilots applying CSC accidently."
2016-7-1
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft

I prefer the old CSC.
Many of us pilots have have flown with it trouble free for years.
If the users can't keep from executing it accidentally, more flying practice is in order...
2016-7-1
Use props
eric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

Put it back the way it was. The old CSC was best. As another user says, there's no reason to do this during normal flight unless you're banging sticks like a 9 year old. Isn't the minimum age requirement 14 for these things?
2016-7-1
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

Stick sequence seems like it will always get someone mainly because people move the sticks all over the place, especially in a panic.

A separate button would be nice.
2016-7-1
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1047201 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1st choice: Power and RTH buttons simultaneously plus an opt out function in the GO App.
2nd choice: Left joystick and RTH button plus an opt out function in the GO App.
2016-7-1
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

I like the left stick +RTH for immediate kill.  I think the Stick + Button is the safest and easiest.  2 buttons are a bad idea, especially on the same side.
I don't think the GO App Opt Out is a good idea, but, GO App select choice may be.
2016-7-1
Use props
DroneToTheMAX
lvl.2

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-6-29 14:08
I am voting for change of CSC in Phantom 3 to current Phantom 4 combination..

CSC for the Phantom 3 is perfect, I have never had it accidentally trigger after 120+ flights and counting!
2016-7-2
Use props
DroneToTheMAX
lvl.2

United States

Here are my suggestions for you, DJI.
1. DO NOT HAVE AN OPTION IN DJI GO WHERE YOU CAN DISABLE CSC! This can be dangerous to people or property, there has to be a way to shut down 4 spinning knives in case of an emergency!
2. Put warnings all over the place about CSC! Even if you don't read the instruction manual and just boot up the aircraft and connect your device to the controller, before you can enter the camera mode, there should be a screen lasting for about 10 seconds warning pilots about CSC, so they HAVE to know about it before they fly.
3. My suggestion for a different CSC on the controller now would be: Press the Power button and the RTH button simultaneously to power off the motors.
4. A dedicated CSC feature: On the controller, there should be a red button with a plastic lid on top that says, "EMERGENCY MOTOR SHUTOFF". That would be the fastest and safest way to shut off the motors. If you pressed it and your aircraft crashed, you would have no one to blame but yourself.
5. A On-Screen Motor Shutoff button: Just like the Landing and ReturnToHome buttons on the screen, there should be a button that shuts off the motors. When pressed, it should warn you what it is about to do and you have to slide your finger across the screen just like landing or RTH for the motors to shut off.
2016-7-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-29 12:16

RedHotPoker

Agreed 1001%
Make it a graduated licensing system...Basically bird will not fly until you can perform a series of predefined steps/maneuvers in the simulator and then you earn the unlock code for a real flight!
2016-7-2
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I very much like the current arrangement.  A year or so, ago, as a new quad pilot, I accidentally did the CSC in flight and my P3P fell to the ground from about 15 feet.  A horrible experience, however, fortunately there was no major damage.  The combination of stick and button is FAR SAFER in my opinion and I STRONGLY recommend that you DO NOT go back to the CSC command.  It's dangerous especially for newbies.
2016-7-2
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

A button in the app is easiest, and less likely to be done accidentally like other CSC configs... Have it like the auto take off n Land, click it, u get are u sure, or swipe to confirm option. No confusion or accidental shut down, and u wont need a new controller with the extra button added, jut my opinion

thanx Heebus
2016-7-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As a long time NAZA and Wookong user I prefer the command sticks down and to the middle to stop the motors. This keeps the action the same on all of my aircraft.  The way to solve this problem is to have different methods of stoping the motors selectable in the Go App menu.  The default method should be the safest command for the newbes and old sticks down and in the corners selectable for the old timers.
2016-7-2
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Guys you all fly a high tech piece of kit, familiarising yourself with the left stick in the button corner and pressing the rth is not complicated not even a second longer then the old method and can never be done on accident unless your hitting your controller like your playing tekken on a ps1

To change it to the old method or give the option I understand for the people that are USED to that method,

But to make suggestions like it gives you a warning, a button in the app that you then have to swipe a confirmation etc is stupid,

What if your tablet fails, what if it doesn't respond to the command?

The whole point of the stick and button commands is that it can be done instantly even without a tablet to avoid damage or danger immediately.

To make the method longer is just plain stupid,

The idea of a covered button intrigues me, however this is more likely an option for a newer model phantom as it would be impossible to implement on the vast amount of models already sold

My 2 cents

Liam
2016-7-2
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Just a thought. (It's a joke BTW).

CSC

CSC
2016-7-2
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I would like to see it as optional and as customizable.... By default I would like to set mine as the same as my p3 and a inspire... That is drilled that in my head.
For other folks let them choose whatever combo of stick commands they want.  Put some bright red warning labels on the controller informing the user of the default setting.
Then it's in their own hands. I'm tired of hearing the belly aching.
2016-7-2
Use props
mr.friedman22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22927 ft
Israel

Please make an option so the user can choose. Whether you want the old or the new or not at all, choose.
Please apply this to the Phantom 3 as well! I'm a newbie and so scared from CSC mid air.
2016-7-2
Use props
mr.friedman22
lvl.1
Israel

Please make an option so the user can choose. Whether you want the old or the new or not at all, choose.
Please apply this to the Phantom 3 as well! I'm a newbie and so scared from CSC mid air.
2016-7-2
Use props
mr.friedman22
lvl.1
Israel

Can you update the firmware so that the new CSC for the Phantom 4 will apply to Phantom ?
Thanks in advance.
2016-7-2
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yeh a 3 button combination that takes longer to execute as not everyone an press c1 and c2 on the back of the controller first time /sarc

Seriously why are you people moaning to change it, the old method and the new method should be the only ones availible you should be able to choose between the 2, and the option do disable it all together is ridiculous, why would you want to remove the ability to instantaneously shut down the craft? I just cannot understand that especially when the new method 100% cannot be done on accident

Liam
2016-7-3
Use props
scarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613406 ft
Australia

Leave things as they are.  Changing emergency procedures confuses people. Motor shut down should be immediate but restartable.
2016-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules