Cant connect to DJI Go, Cant update firmware, Gimbal's messed up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RTI Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274859 ft
United States

Can Anyone Please Help me I'm trying to fly my phantom 3 advanced, I just got a new battery and I wanted to fly it. I haven't flown it since July 2015, when I wrecked it. I replaced the Shell and fixed the gimbal. When I got my battery it started up as usual but the gimbal was trying to look behind instead of forward. I went to calibrate The Gimbal but the drone wouldn't connect to the DJI app. I went to upgrade the firmware because I thought that might be the problem but the drone didn't detect the new .bin files. I have no idea what to do. Can someone please help?
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello RTI Media,
1. There can only be 1 bin file in the card's root directory when you do the upgrade. I'd suggest you to upgrade the firmware in sequence. Also, when the drone detects the correct bin file, a upgrade LOG file should be generated and you can find it by these steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.

2.It would be better if you can post a video of this gimbal issue here.
2016-6-27
Use props
RTI Media
lvl.1
United States

When I unhide the folders, the only other thing that pops up is "system Volume information" and it has a file called "IndexerVolumeGuid" with no extension.

The Drone and Remote Controller (I have GL300A) don't even do their beep patterns of change light colors. There is only an added DCIM Folder when I remove the sd card from the drone after I see that its not working.

Gimbal:
2016-6-28
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

" I haven't flown it since July 2015, when I wrecked it. I replaced the Shell and fixed the gimbal."

May want to rethink that last part.
2016-6-28
Use props
RTI Media
lvl.1
United States

Yea that was my guess, I think more than the roll arm broke when it wrecked...
2016-6-28
Use props
rockotaco1
New

United States

Join the club man. Hundreds of us can't connect to the app. We're all stuck with $1300 bricks until someone at DJi steps up and allows us to ONCE AGAIN have the extremely simple ability to update firmware via the remote, and NOT THE APP.
2016-6-28
Use props
RTI Media
lvl.1
United States

This time when I put in the sd card to the drone it added CalibrationData.bin and UserSetting.bin and a DCIM folder. But no update .txt file. Anyone know what this means?
2016-6-28
Use props
RTI Media
lvl.1
United States

rockotaco1 Posted at 2016-6-28 16:56
Join the club man. Hundreds of us can't connect to the app. We're all stuck with $1300 bricks until  ...

Yea i know, sigh
2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules