Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Two more questions:
1146 10 2016-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

1) Do I have to register my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced?

2) I have an extra battery and the carrier backpack.  What accessories do I need?  I see propeller guards, carbon fiber blades, lens covers and a hood for my iPad.  What are people’s opinions on these?  Are there others?  Such as range extenders?  

2016-6-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) With the FAA?  .... Yes
2) You don't actually NEED any accessories.  However, useful accessories can be:
     a) Extra battery or more (you have)
     b) Case  (you have)
     c) Gimbal guards (just in case!)
     d) ND filters - good on very bright/sunny days
     e) Prop guards - these DO put more stress on your arms and also do cause a little drag on your copter, but are nice just in case of a bump here an there or a landing that tips
     f) Carbon fiber blades - are nice...more firm than stock poly props.....aren't really necessary, but I feel the firmness does help stabilize a bit more (even though not really measurable)
     g) RC range extender - these are a great add...not just for longer distance, but for a stronger overall signal that helps penetrate any obstacles that could obstruct the RC to copter connection
     h) Lens hood - ok option, but really don't believe you NEED it....also a pain because you should let your copter start up first and the gimbal do it's 'dance' and then attach
     i) The tablet holder on your RC wobbles b/c it is poly.....get yourself a nice aluminum one....BIG difference for larger tablets
     j) Sunshade - very useful in very bright sunlight to help you view your tablet/phone
2016-6-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Most accessories are a waste of money and not needed at all.
Fly for a bit without them and see if you have any needs that they might fulfil before spending.
2016-6-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Once the drone is comfortable in your hands, the rotor guards won't be needed.
Extra flight batteries are a must... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-6-28
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-6-29 05:24
1) With the FAA?  .... Yes
2) You don't actually NEED any accessories.  However, useful accessories  ...

Thanks for the tips.  Which range extender you recommend?  There are many on the market.
2016-6-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bob37 Posted at 2016-6-29 09:57
Thanks for the tips.  Which range extender you recommend?  There are many on the market.

Try it without first.
In a clean environment, the Phantom can go further than most people would ever want (and further than the battery will bring you back) without any extenders.
2016-6-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-28 20:20
Try it without first.
In a clean environment, the Phantom can go further than most people would ev ...

Agreed....however, I personally like the extra 'oomph' the extender gives me for those tighter areas where treetops may begin to inhibit direct signal line from the RC to the copter.
2016-6-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bob37 Posted at 2016-6-28 19:57

I actually like the DBS mods....but it does come down to personal preference and if you actually feel you need the extra boost.
2016-6-28
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

I have and use the Polar Pro range of filters ND and Polariser, and two of them are combination, one is ND8/Polariser and the other is a ND16/Polariser there are six in total but I must say the one that I use the most is the ND/16Polariser, My Phantom 4 takes amazing images still and video but there times when you need one of these filters so I would say filters would be one the first things you should buy. Hope this helps.
2016-6-29
Use props
HotQuad
lvl.1

United States

Extra batteries for sure.  Carrying case, you've got.  Lens cover is good in my opinion, not sure why it doesn't come with one.  My cover came with my Taco RC ND filters, and also holds the gimbal.  ND filters are good for sunny day filming to help slow down the shutter speed and get a more cinematic look.

I bought the reflector type range extenders too, but haven't used them yet as there's no need unless pushing the limits.  I figure it's safer to not use them when not needed; since they're more directional I feel they'd lose signal faster if not paying close attention to aim.
2016-6-29
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

Next step is inline amplifiers
image.jpeg
image.png
image.png
image.jpeg
2016-6-30