Crash - Where to next to get it airborne
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pjc0477
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119068 ft

I have a P3 Std and was flying and got caught in a strong wind.  Craft went off and I could not control, entered RTN and it didn't return.  Ended up crashing in rural lot next to me, and I found in upside down in 5" of water.  I removed the battery and it's been drying out for the last 4 days.  Battery doesn't stay on after trying to power up nor does the craft respond when battery is reinserted.  The battery acts normal, when powered up, but then all the lights go off with no further response.  I have a new battery coming but am wondering what I do with my aircraft to get it back up and running.  Will it work after drying out?  Help !!
2016-6-29
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Sorry for your lose, I say lose because if you tried to power on the craft without it drying 110%, you could have fried the board. And if the battery got wet also, it's junk and should be recycled.
2016-6-29
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Also I know it's too late for some advice, but next time don't fly if the winds are over 25 mph until your very experienced. And even if its a bit windy out always fly into the wind, not with it. So this way if you get into any trouble you can get the drone back to the home point much easier. One last point, you might have gotten it back if you didn't use the RTH feature. That was probably the last thing you should have done because the RTH does not use full power. You would have done better flying it back yourself in P-mode, or even better in A-mode.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, even if you do get it working again there may have been some internal water damage that may show up later. I would not fly it around anywhere near people anymore or anywhere that a crash can do damage to things on the ground.
2016-6-29
Use props
pjc0477
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119068 ft

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-30 01:47
Also I know it's too late for some advice, but next time don't fly if the winds are over 25 mph unti ...

Learning the hard way.  Thanks !
2016-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules