Need P4 Repair Help
898 6 2016-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

DJI-KEN or other DJI US service rep.
My 6 day old P4 is in repair center limbo.
I have received a proforma invoice for repair.  I have several questions before paying for repair. I have listed my questions under Repair Ticket  306184 over 30 hours ago.  So far I have not received any response or acknowledgement that my questions are being reviewed.
I am leaving the details out here. The basis is I crashed into a tree while flying in sports mode. The only damage I could detect was to the shell. The invoice also shows replacement for 1 motor, & Right Landing gear,
I requested confirmation these need to be replaced, even a answer of Not Required BUT we recommend  is OK.
  The big issue is "P4 UltraSound Component ".  Why does this need to be replaced? Why is it considered crash damage and not warranty?
  These issues could have been easier for me to process if the repair center had sent a simple half page repair damage assesment.  I HOPE you will consider adding this additional message in the future to improve Customer Satisfaction.
PLEASE see if you can speed this repair process along, as I would like to have process settled,  correct payment sent before July 4th Shutdown and We canceled your order because you didn't pay when required.
Thanks
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will look into this for you.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I see different tickets, you said you closed one by accident. I do see you sending an email the 27th at 7:42 PM and DJI responded to your email 28th 8:29pm so it was less than 24hrs later.
You are in the US and the best way to get immediate response is to call 818-235-0789 and you'll have a tech support rep on the phone fairly quickly.
As far as the VPS, I do not work in the repair shop so please call and one of the reps can go over the invoice with you.
And as far as speeding up the process, that is something I cannot do as to put you in front or other repairs is not a fair process and not allowed anyways.
2016-6-29
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-29 14:34
I will look into this for you.

Thanks for a response.  

Ticket #313898 was a new Auto Generated Ticket.  I was sent a "we received your RMA message please confirm your shipping address" email.  When I replied that  the zip code was wrong, the new ticket was issued.  The response within a hour you referred to was we have received your notification and will have a agent look into it.   There has still not been a further reply or acknowledgement that the return address has been corrected.
Ticket # 306184 is the main repair ticket, and contains a full track of correspondence as well as many attachments and data.   My  response that I had "closed it in error during one message" WAS A ERROR.  It was explained to me by a online agent in the ticket that the previous agent had closed it as no further action was needed at that time, and that I could re open it at any time by adding  a comment and a agent would soon get back to me.  I was also told during a chat that this was the best way. That process seems to work very well and be efficient.

I AM NOT asking for you to move me ahead in the line.  What I am asking for is your support in getting a better answer to my concerns in a timely manner, (preferably through the repair ticket channel). so I can provide correct payment information before your deadline for cancellation of repair.  My choice was to try to post another message, try chat, ( didn't work well last time), or ask you as you seem knowledgeable and Customer Service Orientated.

AM I being Hard Headed, or is DJI making the Customer service experience more difficult than needed?
I still hope you can ask a responsible person address my issues.
Thanks Again
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ShuanD Posted at 2016-6-30 04:29
Thanks for a response.  

Ticket #313898 was a new Auto Generated Ticket.  I was sent a "we receive ...

We have passed your information to the proper department for further assitance, and they should be in contact with you soon. Please be advised that normal turnaround for an email response is 24-48 hours. Given the nature of your requests, 72 hours response may be possible if further collaboration with other departments is needed.

While you may have not noticed any obvious issues with your unit besides a shell replacement, the repair technicians would evaluate the unit based on factory guidelines. If the VPS, motors and other items besides the shell were added, it means that these were not performing to factory specifications. Regarding the reason for non warranty repair, the flight data indicates that you had full control of the unit when it crashed into the tree. No internal malfunctions prior to the incident were recorded.

Again, we will have someone from the appropriate department get in contact with you to better review your invoice, so that you can be back in the air as soon as possible.
2016-6-29
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2

Thanks Jamie & Ken.  I Understand what you said Jamie, I wasn't aware normal turn around on email was 24-48 hours.  If I had received a follow up message when I sent in the questions that my request was being processed but may require 72 hours for a response I would have been satisified.  This is my first time working with DJI support and if someone doesn't explain , how should I know. I received a call from Velma in DJI support this evening, she provided excellent Customer Service, answers and the additional Information I requested.  Payment has been sent so now we can move onto next phase.

2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ShuanD Posted at 2016-6-30 09:44
Thanks Jamie & Ken.  I Understand what you said Jamie, I wasn't aware normal turn around on email wa ...

Glad it's getting taken care of.
2016-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules