Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Gimbal not pointing straight
3520 10 2016-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
velascoborja
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1427326 ft
Spain

Hello!

I own a Phantom 4 and I've recently realised that the gimbal is not pointing straight, it points a little bit to the right, like 2 or 3 degrees (as you see the phantom from the back). I've never crahsed it and I've tried to do a cold IMU calibration, an auto Gimbal calibration and a Compass calibration without success.

I would like to know if the Phantom 4 camera isn't supposed to point perfectly right, if there is some way I can get this fixed, or should I return it and get a new one (I bought it in an Apple Store and I'm still able to do it). I've been searching through the forum and I only came across with some people experiencing this issue but with P3 models.

Thanks in advance.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, what gimbal mode is your unit in? Have you ever moved the unit while it is initializing? Could you provide either a small video or picture of the extent of the tilt?
2016-6-29
Use props
velascoborja
lvl.2
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-30 06:56
To clarify, what gimbal mode is your unit in? Have you ever moved the unit while it is initializing? ...

Hello!! This happens both in FPV and in Follow mode. I've never touched it but I once forgot to remove the gimbal clamp when turning on. Could that've caused this?

I attach some pictures for you to take a look.
IMG_3922 2.JPG
IMG_7369 2.JPG
IMG_9511 2.JPG
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

velascoborja Posted at 2016-6-30 15:10
Hello!! This happens both in FPV and in Follow mode. I've never touched it but I once forgot to rem ...

There may be some causality if you noticed this after that incident. Do you notice any grinding noises or anything audibly out of the ordinary?
2016-6-30
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had this same problem with my new Phantom 4 and had it replaced Click Here For My Post
2016-6-30
Use props
velascoborja
lvl.2
Spain

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-1 03:20
I had this same problem with my new Phantom 4 and had it replaced Click Here For My Post

Thank you very much for your reply BrianJ. I've reading about the issue and I'm going tomorrow to the Apple Store to get a replacement. Hope the new one works as well as this one except from the gimbal's yaw.
2016-6-30
Use props
yrlehr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1087362 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I am have a the issue my gimbal is turned just slightly to the left.. were you able to get a replacement from dji ?
2016-9-25
Use props
fans2053cede
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54803 ft
Malaysia

I also got this problem...  I've tried to do a cold IMU calibration, an auto Gimbal calibration and a Compass calibration without success.
2017-1-7
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

fans2053cede Posted at 2017-1-7 07:57
I also got this problem...  I've tried to do a cold IMU calibration, an auto Gimbal calibration and a Compass calibration without success.

Return it there is a problem. My first p4 had this issue.
2017-1-7
Use props
BigMikeL
lvl.1
United States

What did you need to complete the return?  I cannot find a way to register my purchase with DJI and worry that if something goes wrong they will not work with me since the product is not as yet registered.
2017-1-8
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules