Zenmuse XT FLIR
7814 32 2016-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chsi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104695 ft
Canada

Would anyone have any info on Zenmuse XT FLIR cameras? I am looking for details, specs, tips etc.

Thanks

2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you taken a look at the XT product page on the DJI Website?

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-xt
2016-6-30
Use props
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does the XT also take standard photography images at the same time as taking thermal images.
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

iantansey@gmail Posted at 2016-7-3 15:45
Does the XT also take standard photography images at the same time as taking thermal images.

The XT only takes thermal images, if you plan to use this with an Inspire, for instance, you would need to switch to the X3/X5 for regular images.
2016-7-3
Use props
piymamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

TWO ARE STUDYING RIDING ZENMUSE SIMULTANEOUSLY ??
I'm desperate to know if this will PIOSIBLE in the future.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
2016-7-4
Use props
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does the XT and its gimbal work with the matrice 600
2016-7-4
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

iantansey@gmail Posted at 2016-7-4 19:25

some video with XT

https://vimeo.com/album/3999410/video/170470063

https://vimeo.com/album/3999410/video/170773137

https://vimeo.com/album/3999410/video/170772200
2016-8-3
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

iantansey@gmail Posted at 2016-7-4 11:25

Yes is does with the X3/X5 mount.
2016-8-10
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

But is does NOT produce TIFF images as per its specification of 14 bit TIFF. The matter has been given to DJI numerous times over the past 6 months and not response on the matter!! All that is produced is a BLACK image file not data. ALSO, DJI need to be honest about the camera must come with FLIR tools as otherwise it is pretty useless despite its £12k price tag.
2016-10-13
Use props
user2cb20f99bc
New

Argentina

Anyone can tell me if this camera comes with agricultural software? Or how to implement on a farm? Best
2016-11-1
Use props
fans3c3f039b
New

United States

info@dronemedia Posted at 2016-10-13 07:08
But is does NOT produce TIFF images as per its specification of 14 bit TIFF. The matter has been given to DJI numerous times over the past 6 months and not response on the matter!! All that is produced is a BLACK image file not data. ALSO, DJI need to be honest about the camera must come with FLIR tools as otherwise it is pretty useless despite its £12k price tag.

This is insane.

Any update on this? We "luckily" only rented one and had a gig needing TIFF format. All the images are black squares...

2017-1-3
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

fans3c3f039b Posted at 2017-1-3 12:37
This is insane.

Any update on this? We "luckily" only rented one and had a gig needing TIFF format. All the images are black squares...

Are they black when opened in FLIR Tools?
2017-1-4
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-1-4 06:08
Are they black when opened in FLIR Tools?

Mine are black in FLIR Tools...
2017-1-13
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-13 00:13
Mine are black in FLIR Tools...

Some of ours did the same thing. But, we realized the black photos still held all the data, so we were able to adjust the images in FLIR tools to make the images brighter and see the image. I don't have my work laptop in front of me to verify the steps, but give it a shot. I was frustrated for a long while until our FLIR rep happened to stop by and show me. Hope this helps.
2017-1-13
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-1-13 13:20
Some of ours did the same thing. But, we realized the black photos still held all the data, so we were able to adjust the images in FLIR tools to make the images brighter and see the image. I don't have my work laptop in front of me to verify the steps, but give it a shot. I was frustrated for a long while until our FLIR rep happened to stop by and show me. Hope this helps.

Very helpful indeed. Thank you.  I noticed their was  a ghost image in the black frame.  I'll see what I can do...

Thanks,

MJ
2017-1-13
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-13 18:24
Very helpful indeed. Thank you.  I noticed their was  a ghost image in the black frame.  I'll see what I can do...

Thanks,

I actually can't open the TIFF in FLIR Tools.  I tried to import 3 images...a JPEG an R-JPEG and a TIFF.  Only the JPEG and R-JPEG were available.   
2017-1-14
Use props
fans3b94979d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3750951 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you open the TIFF in photoshop, you get the black square, then go to IMAGE> ADJUSTMENTS> AUTO CONTRAST....BAM! your photo magically appears.
2017-1-31
Use props
SJB Group
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53346 ft
United States

I've recently been researching this camera to possibly use it for building inspections to check for cracks in concrete, degraded parts of a building, etc. Does anyone have any experience with that?
2017-2-1
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

SJB Group Posted at 2017-2-1 14:10
I've recently been researching this camera to possibly use it for building inspections to check for cracks in concrete, degraded parts of a building, etc. Does anyone have any experience with that?

I can test that concrete idea out once the XT arrives next week. The specs are pretty top notch for the higher resolution model, but weather is going to be your friend or foe, depending on what you are inspecting.
2017-3-10
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I use a German thermal camera and it is very good, I would say better than a flir, I would as its mine now.
downside is fixed focus and will not fit on the x gimbals but I went for a high res wide angle and the measuring zone at 100m is 110mm²  and a 0.02 temperature accuracy. to answer your question about cracks, if there is a temperature differential, most thermal cameras will detect that with a colour change if using high contrast screen colour. best time to test for cracks is when the surface is either damp or just being warmed up by the sun. downside is heat-soak as this allows the substrates to equalise hiding the colder zone of the crack. I hired a camera to do the testing of the idea before I paid lots of money.
Hope that helps.

ricci
2017-3-10
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it doesnt need to come with flir tools as you can download this anyway ???

its the price hike from last year thats disgusting !
2017-3-10
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the XT 640 x 512 13mm.   I have spotted areas below concrete walks where there is a "hollow" spot due to poor compaction.    It is easy to see fasteners behind EFIS exteriors.   I don't know about cracks in concrete walls.   I will have to try that out.

Ed
2017-3-15
Use props
rodthomasfoto
lvl.1
Australia

i was having trouble getting it to work on my Mac as NOBODY freaking told me the download links on the FLIR website for all made for a window machine.. hours later and very cranky, I found a free app on the mac app store that kind of does everything I need.. GRRR DJI
2017-5-8
Use props
rodthomasfoto
lvl.1
Australia

ApexAerialData Posted at 2017-1-14 07:07
I actually can't open the TIFF in FLIR Tools.  I tried to import 3 images...a JPEG an R-JPEG and a TIFF.  Only the JPEG and R-JPEG were available.

I'm having the same issue.. maybe because its a crappy free app downloaded from the mac app store... the only way you can get a 16k camera to work on a high end MAC computer is with a free app... come on FLIR / DJI... make us mac users a product we will love, not something that is cheap and nasty
2017-5-8
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

rodthomasfoto Posted at 2017-5-8 02:47
i was having trouble getting it to work on my Mac as NOBODY freaking told me the download links on the FLIR website for all made for a window machine.. hours later and very cranky, I found a free app on the mac app store that kind of does everything I need.. GRRR DJI

I would say most of that is also along FLIR's line to support rather than DJI, being that they utilize the FLIR software for their product lines.

The Mac software is not like the same reporting tool software for Windows. It has limitations were as the Windows version has stitching and other items. I use my virtual Windows OS on the Mac for this reason, along with other work software.
2017-5-9
Use props
solaroebi
lvl.1

Switzerland

When the picture on the thermal images are very dark it means that the temperature distribution is very uneven. Flir tools will do the work and you can modify the visual specs in order to get a visible image. I never had unusable thermal pictures or movies. DJI XT is expensive, but it works fine and it's a good working tool.
2017-7-3
Use props
solaroebi
lvl.1

Switzerland

Some more movies with Zenmuse XT here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCItjGcM08R3TCUKOTkjTw_Q

But the jpg-images are better than the thermal movies.

I would rather like to know how to mount a second visual gimbal in parallel to the XT on a Matrice 100.
2017-7-7
Use props
s.blanc
New

Japan

Hi,
Does anyone know a software that allows me to make an orthomosaic with the XT FLIR. I use the free version of FLIR Tool but I can t make an orthomosaic.

Thank you.
2017-9-3
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

s.blanc Posted at 2017-9-3 20:49
Hi,
Does anyone know a software that allows me to make an orthomosaic with the XT FLIR. I use the free version of FLIR Tool but I can t make an orthomosaic.

Try Maps Made Easy online service, they might support it. But an orthomosaic would only really be good for a quick visual, not for real measuring. For getting good radiometric data, more or less the drone should be still. If you fly when photos, a blur will be added, and also when you stitch it all together it will approximate the image data.
2017-9-3
Use props
s.blanc
New

Japan

Rob W Posted at 2017-9-3 22:27
Try Maps Made Easy online service, they might support it. But an orthomosaic would only really be good for a quick visual, not for real measuring. For getting good radiometric data, more or less the drone should be still. If you fly when photos, a blur will be added, and also when you stitch it all together it will approximate the image data.

Thank you, the orthomosaic is just to have a general view, not for measuring
2017-9-3
Use props
Luo Lihui
New
Flight distance : 236348 ft
China

Hi, every one, how to computing the temperature values of Tiff format for Zenmuse XT (336*256). Thanks.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans392d7057
New
Spain

hello, I have a camera zenmuse xt radiometric336x256 30 hz my camera does not work correctly, that is, we can not know the temperature of different points by pressing on the screen of our tablet. In addition, we can not open on the screen or select an area where we point to the coldest point or the hottest point. I need a solution.
Can it be a software problem?
urgent please. Thank you
2018-1-18
Use props
lBp7m4jIKcOm
New
United States

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-10 10:04
I can test that concrete idea out once the XT arrives next week. The specs are pretty top notch for the higher resolution model, but weather is going to be your friend or foe, depending on what you are inspecting.

I am also interested if this camera can be used to inspect bridge piers for cracks or disbanding potential
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules