Wrong Gimbal attached on camera
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Konstant1n
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152736 ft
Georgia

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. So, i bought today Phantom 3 Standard. When i opened i noticed that the gimbal lock was not properly attached to camera. Then i checked on the dji.com website. I thought that it was attached by mistake. But i was wrong. Anyway i was trying to put it back this gimbal lock to camera almost 15 minutes.

Did someone have a same problem?  

2016-6-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Well, unlress you provide a photo or a video clip or sometyhing, how is anyone going to know what you are talking about?
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Konstant1n, it would be better to post a video clip of this issue here. Thanks.
2016-6-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The older style clear plastic gimbal guard, slides on from the right side, if the drone is facing you.

Hope this helps...;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-6-30
Use props
Konstant1n
lvl.3
Georgia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 06:58
Hello Konstant1n, it would be better to post a video clip of this issue here. Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for my late response. I attached the image see below.

IMG_20160708_195225.jpg
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Konstant1n Posted at 2016-7-11 04:25
Hi,

Sorry for my late response. I attached the image see below.

It doesn't matter and please try to install it in the correct way. Hope these pics can help you: 2749DF75-524B-4EE5-AC56-C430BEA7C1AC.JPG 9141954D-B224-4FA3-9E5D-C7114A1384DE.JPG A0A5F677-6A87-472C-8AE9-66D4838AE531.JPG
2016-7-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

In your picture above, you are holding it upside down.  Flip it 180 degrees counterclockwise, so that the "L tray" at the top of your photo is facing away from you and is at the bottom.  I struggled with how to properly install mine for awhile.  Then, I took some of the guess work out of it and marked the spot where you put your thumb when removing it.  That way, I grab it the same way each time to install it.  I also standardized my method of installation.  Lay it at an angle on the right side, leaning on the right arms, props parallel to the table you lay it on, and the lower right leg corners.  Then insert the gimbal lock from the opposite (left) side, sliding the flat tray (upper part in your hand above) under the camera and align the "channel" at the top of the lock so it slides between the two aluminum tabs on the bottom of the gimbal.  Gently but firmly push it onto the gimbal until it won't go further.  If you do it this way, it will not come off until you want it to.  Note: when firmly seated, it will be slid up to the gimbal azimuth arm shaft with the plastic "channel" fully seated both horizontally and vertically.

Edit: While I was typing the above response, Paladin posted pictures that I couldn't provide.  They are excellent and show the channel and alignment with the tabs.  The installation it not perfect in his final two photos though.  Notice in the side shot that the camera is not flush on the back of the lock tray, and in the front view it is not locked up flush with the gimbal.  If you make certain that the camera is fully seated in the tray, and the channel is fully inserted in the slot, it should be flush all around and not allow any movement, other than the gimbal on the rubber mounts.  It has to be "pried" off with the fingers when it is properly mounted, and will not remove itself.  It seems many of them arrive with the gimbal lock laying in the bottom of the box, presumably because they weren't fully seated before shipping.  Mine has never come off until I removed it myself, even when transporting on rough roads.
2016-7-10
Use props
Konstant1n
lvl.3
Georgia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-11 05:38
It doesn't matter and please try to install it in the correct way. Hope these pics can help you:

Thanks bro...
2016-7-11
Use props
Konstant1n
lvl.3
Georgia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-7-11 06:03
In your picture above, you are holding it upside down.  Flip it 180 degrees counterclockwise, so tha ...

Thanks bro..
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules