Which drone should I get, P3P or P4?
685 3 2016-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris.a2cdiscos
New

United States

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wanting to get some advice.
I'm looking to get my first drone to take areial shots of rowing. This footage will be in either 1080p or 4k, and I am leaning more towards the P4 for it's 120fps 1080p mode.
I would be using the follow feature a fair amount I think, however I believe that both drones support this, but the P4 is slightly better in this regard?
Would you recommend the P4 with it's extra price over the P3P for a first time drone?
Thanks
2016-6-30
Use props
gibsonguitars18
lvl.1

United States

I've had both and honesty would be happy with either. The p4 has more features geared towards a new pilot such as the obstacle avoidance and smart return to home. It is also a blast to fly in sport mode. However the p3p is well rounnded with its bugs already worked out. When I had both I preferred to fly the p3p. I really enjoyed the way it flew. If money is no issue I would have to prefer the 4 but if you want your first drone to be something you can crash a few times and not cry the p3p is the way to go. Plus batteries for the 3 are getting cheaper while the p4 batteries are still about 170$. You cant go wrong  with either it's just how much you're willing to spend. I will say the live feed on Android is smoother with the p3p IMO. But apple products work pretty flawless on both platforms. The p4 does have an ever so slightly better lens. It is a tad crisper.
2016-6-30
Use props
gibsonguitars18
lvl.1

United States

The p3p follow me feature isn't quit up to par with the p4 as it needs the controller to follow vs the p4 creating a 3d image of the subject it's following. On top of that the p4 can avoid obstacles while using that feature as well as fly backwards and circle a moving object. I'm sure sure the p3p can fly backwards while following or circle a moving object. For your purpose pay the extra and get the p4. I know I posted twice but for your purpose I would get the 4
2016-6-30
Use props
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

It really depends on what you want to use your phantom for, I have a p3p that I bought on craigslist for $650 the phantom 4 is $1400. The 4 is slightly better it gets a few more minutes of flight time it has more camera options it has obstacle avoidance (I have heard it doesn't work with telephone wires or small branches) however there are some test that show it has worse range. if it were me I would buy a used p3p get some filters, antenna boosters, extra batteries, and whatever else i think i need.
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules