go APP no longer shows red circles over "no fly zones"
1497 10 2016-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetboys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535020 ft
Canada

My Go APP no longer shows red circles over airports or major no fly zones accept one little airport by my house.I can now zoom right in on the white house in washington

2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jetboys, when you turn on the drone and app , the red circle will show up if the drone is near or in the NFZ.
2016-6-30
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 03:42
Hello Jetboys, when you turn on the drone and app , the red circle will show up if the drone is near ...

prior to the latest updates i would surf around the map just looking around and noticed all airports had a red circle including Washington DC. I did this to know if i traveled and brought my drone i would know if i could fly safe.  
I live close to Toronto international airport and it no longer has a circle. But the small airport 9km away has a circle. I
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Jetboys Posted at 2016-7-1 22:31
prior to the latest updates i would surf around the map just looking around and noticed all airport ...

You have to be within a certain radius of a NFZ for it to show up on the map in the app. (10 miles or so)
The GEO webpage will tell you the NFZ's that are restricted and the ones that can be authorized to fly in.
BUT, They are still working on the GEO and you currently cannot fly in authorization zones.
It should be up and running soon.
2016-7-1
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-1 11:03
You have to be within a certain radius of a NFZ for it to show up on the map in the app. (10 miles  ...

so what your saying is, I wont know where the NFZ are until im actually there on location. if thats the case, how do you get permission to fly in certain areas if there is no internet there.
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Jetboys Posted at 2016-7-2 00:24
so what your saying is, I wont know where the NFZ are until im actually there on location. if that ...

When the system is up and running you do it from home on your computer.
2016-7-1
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-1 12:40
When the system is up and running you do it from home on your computer.

sorry to drag this question on but, I never know where i will be flying, so how does someone go about getting permission last minute if they dont have internet.
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Jetboys Posted at 2016-7-2 00:58
sorry to drag this question on but, I never know where i will be flying, so how does someone go ab ...

You don't.
If you're travelling to different towns during the day and find a cool area that you want to get some footage but it happens to be a NFZ you cannot do it.
BUT, pre-plan at home. Look on the GEO page along your route and you can choose up to 30 NFZ's. Just unlock everything along your route.
2016-7-1
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-1 13:04
You don't.
If you're travelling to different towns during the day and find a cool area that you wa ...

when will they be expecting this to be implemented.. and where do i go to see local NFZ
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Jetboys Posted at 2016-7-2 01:09
when will they be expecting this to be implemented.. and where do i go to see local NFZ

GEO will be back up and running soon. I will post when.
You can see all the unlockable zones on the advanced unlocking of GEO page.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-7-1
Use props
victor_5321
New

United States

any ideas when approximately?  Wanted to fly tonight only to find out that I have no access to the Beta app and the NFZ that was unlock-able before is now showing "RESTRICTED"
2016-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules