Started to Sweat -- Controller said Propeller Missing or motor ob...
1381 14 2016-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686916 ft
United States

So, started to sweat, had drone about 2,000ft away and I saw a msg: Propeller Missing or Motor obstructed.... My fingers REALLY started to run to the RTH button.  Turned on video, all was good, drone came back home, but I wonder what caused that msg that scrared the "SH$%" out of me.  (Guess this was a good "stress" test)

Bruce

2016-6-30
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Propeller missing during flight at 2000ft away????
RTH would not help.
Pack your bags and go home.
Or if you really care, you have a 2000ft walk towards whatever is going to be left of the i1
That might be scary as Sh*t
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you notice whether the propeller mounts are secure on the motor? Did you notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Do the motors seem to be spinning properly without any scrapping? If you could sync your Flight Record for this incident, it would be appreciated in order to better review what happened.
2016-6-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

That would be one scary message that far away, I am glad you were able to land , take a air blower and gently blow out the Motor housing areas, I find this will blow out any dust or small debris that may be causing this warning, keep it close the next couple of flights as well.

Also just a FYI, I change my props and locks every 3 months of flying , The locks espescially can get  stress cracks and are an inexpensive maintenance procedure .

Le us know if you find anything , or another cause for the Warning.

donnie
2016-7-1
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

You said you "turned on video". Were you flying with out it? lol
2016-7-1
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I'd something along those lines the other day except it started flashing battery error at me while I  was 100ft out over water. Then it just decided there wasn't one and kept going

Heart in mouth experience!
2016-7-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2016-7-1 11:11
I'd something along those lines the other day except it started flashing battery error at me while I ...

Make sure the battery is snapped in all the way , I had that error once as well but  I had just began my flight , returned safe and snapped it in place.

Cheers

donnie
2016-7-1
Use props
bruce
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-1 12:40
Make sure the battery is snapped in all the way , I had that error once as well but  I had just beg ...

To answer a LOT of questions;

1).  All was good when it landed.  Everything was TIGHT.  I did some flights after and all was good

2).  I was shooting stills, so didnt have video going

3).  I will upload the flight data to HealthyDrones and see if I see anything there

4).  Took can of compressed air and cleaned everything.  Crossing fingers, eyes and toes that future flights are good.

Bruce

2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bruce@notalker. Posted at 2016-7-2 06:12
To answer a LOT of questions;

1).  All was good when it landed.  Everything was TIGHT.  I did som ...

If you could also Sync the Flight Records from the DJI Go app, it would be greatly appreciated so that we can take a look at it. Overall, it's great how you've handled the situation.
2016-7-1
Use props
bruce
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-1 18:26
If you could also Sync the Flight Records from the DJI Go app, it would be greatly appreciated so t ...

what do you mean "Sync the flight records"?  is that different from uploading them to healthyDrone

Since HD said there was an UNKNOWN error, I am making an assumption that with the drone far away, the signal strength was low and perhaps some "bits" got confused when talking back to the controller.

Bruce
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bruce@notalker. Posted at 2016-7-2 23:27
what do you mean "Sync the flight records"?  is that different from uploading them to healthyDrone ...

In the Flight Records section of the DJI Go app, you would select the sync cloud icon on the top right section of the screen.

2016-7-2
Use props
bruce
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-2 23:25
In the Flight Records section of the DJI Go app, you would select the sync cloud icon on the top r ...

Did that.  Do let me know if you find anything fun!

p.s. Happy Independence day.
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bruce@notalker. Posted at 2016-7-3 11:46
Did that.  Do let me know if you find anything fun!

p.s. Happy Independence day.

Thank you, you too.

Since the North American facility is currently closed for the holiday weekend, I can have a better answer for you early next week.
2016-7-2
Use props
wingingit
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-2 22:50
Thank you, you too.

Since the North American facility is currently closed for the holid ...

Curious if you find anything.  I had that exact message several flights ago.  In my case I had just taken off and the Inspire was at about 3M in front of me.  I was doing slight control inputs to check its responses before flying out and my partner saw the message on his screen.  It was right in front of me and reacting normally to my post takeoff control checks, so I knew it hadn't lost a prop.  LOL.  However, the pucker factor was extreme.

I landed it and recycled power and no more message since.  I assumed it was just an erroneous warning and it must have been since its flown a lot since then, but please let us know if this message might indicate some deeper problem that could be about to occur.

2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-3 11:50
Thank you, you too.

Since the North American facility is currently closed for the holid ...

I apologize for the late response. Could you happen to confirm your DJI account email and the date the Motor Obstruction error occurred?
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules