Z Axis for X5
1579 5 2016-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1371834 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, i've just spent the money and gone for the X5 Osmo combo after not being happy with the quality of the standard Osmo.
It's cool but really needs the Z Axis to make it a real solution as the up and down movement is far more noticeble than the standard Osmo package - presume because of the weight of the X5.

I've been told by my supplier that a Z axis for the X5 isn't in the pipeline and no plans to release one.

IS this true DJI - I think I and many others would like to know what's going on as there's a YouTube video clearly showing one in action!

Also when's the next firmware update due - please tell us it's going to stop the drifiting!

Thanks and hoping in advance.

2016-7-1
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi Nick , don't fully understand why you would need 2 X5 adaptors , surely the X Axis should go directly to the Osmo Handset , then adaptor and X5 camera at the end of the X .

Havn't tried this personally as i'm still on the X3 and X Axis .

Regards
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Most likely he modified the Z-Axis stabilizer to fit it into X5
2016-7-4
Use props
nick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1371834 ft
United Kingdom

Would like to hear the official line form DJI - are we going to get a Z Axis for the X5?
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nick@nickwattsd Posted at 2016-7-4 21:08
Would like to hear the official line form DJI - are we going to get a Z Axis for the X5?

Not any time soon, it's too heavy.
2016-7-4
Use props
gravity
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

This video is misrepresentative. The z axis does not exist for the X5 as of Jul 2016
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules