Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How long did it take you to...Venture out
598 11 2016-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lablover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166791 ft
United States

Had my P3P 2 weeks so far..around 15 flights..The farthest i've gone is about 500 feet away from me and 200 ft up.  I cant seem to get myself to venture out farther!

I know you are supposed to keep it in sight but..I see so many videos that are out of this word.  I cant seem to get myself to venture away from me too far.

Whats the trick to......just going !!!
2016-7-1
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1785039 ft
  • >>>

Stay closer, go higher.
2016-7-1
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.2

United States

I say go to a wide open field and let 'er rip! It will still be in sight and should anything happen, you'll be able to recover it..
RB
2016-7-1
Use props
mochorm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

I'm a newbie as well and am 1 step in front of you

So far I've gone out 1km. and up 400m. Went at dusk from atop a hill out across a river and then back. Why dusk, I could still see the lights flashing but was using the screen to keep my bearings.

Also when going up please make sure the area is clear of any real aircraft!! Also make sure your bird is several hundred feet in front of you as when you climb the angle between your controller and the bird is quite steep and you could loose your radio signal.

When you are completely comfortable with the bird, the app and all the emergency procedures, then it's time to try the "next" step. At least that's the way I fly
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The whole point is to build the confidence in yourself and your aircraft to be able to go a little farther out when you want to. Always be aware of your surroundings to now if you should be tentative.
2016-7-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-2 06:33
I'm a newbie as well and am 1 step in front of you  

So far I've gone out 1km. and up 400m. Went  ...

Funny, thats sort of the way I've been doing it.  Good call on the going straight up!  Did that a few times.  I've been playing wight he litchi app and am ready to go further.  I love the waypoint feature.
2016-7-1
Use props
billwish76
Second Officer

Yeah I'm the same way, I've actually been flying multirotors for close to two years my other ones I built myself cc3d and an apm fc. and the cc3d is  manual control so you don't want to take it too far anyway. I had problems with my APM and don't trust it I recently met a guy which is what got me to buy a Phantom 3 S and he takes his way out I mean pretty far quarter to a half mile away he did a quick test and had it up to almost a thousand feet then brought it down but I can't go any higher than 150 and 100 to 200 feet away.
2016-7-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

I guess its gonna be the same outcome if it falls from 100 ft vs 300 ft..LOL
2016-7-1
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

There is no need to rush it. Just enjoy flying and flying well.
2016-7-1
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

When I first got my P4 a couple months ago (first drone) I was flying over a kilometer or more away just using the screen, then I started looking at youtube and reading forums about accidents and fly offs, I rarely let it go out of site now LOL
2016-7-1
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-7-2 08:36
When I first got my P4 a couple months ago (first drone) I was flying over a kilometer or more away  ...

When you feel comfortable, relaxed and bored with the quad, the controller and the app, you will know. Don't let anyone push you.

I was a pilot and missed flying. I started with cheap drones, got bored and kept moving up and always pushing the edge of the envelope and crashed them all. I liked the P3P because there is so much more to learn and experiment with. I have cautiously moved up. I like the smart battery and smart RTH as it lets me keep a better eye on things and fly safer.

My wife and I also have a budget for monthly "fun" money that we don't have to explain to each other so if it lasts more than four months I am ahead of the game and can afford to buy another.

Spend some time getting used to the camera. This is my first gimbal drone and it has opened up a whole new area of discovery. I am finally using filters and manual settings. Now I am reading about Litchi. This is a great hobby.
2016-7-1
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

The trick is to not care. I do care and stay within sight. I am not comfortable venturing out of sight.
2016-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules