Vin.email This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

It's just terrible to look at photo's like this!!!! Can you tell us more about the conditions that day? What your preflight setup was before you flew? Just trying to understand the events that lead up to this disaster! Well that table does look thick as heck! Goes to show yea what could happen if something bad happen! IE don't fly over people houses or cars ect ect ect..... Well I hope you get everything sent to them and they figure out if it was a glitch and send you a new inspire

Mike
2015-1-23
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Never before been more anxious to receive my prop locks.
2015-1-23
Use props
jakeleen77.emai
lvl.3

United States

Is this your patio and glass table or someone else's? And if it's someone else's... how did they take it?
2015-1-23
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Real sad to see this OP....

I too will wait for the prop locks beyond minor test flights at super low altitude in light wind.
I live in a wind plagued area as it is as I'm sure many do as well and a prop coming off is one worst nightmares.
2015-1-23
Use props
outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is sad to see. Do you know if the inspire got out of GPS mode when you were changing settings? It might have drifted away and hit something and lost a prop before falling down.

Mine struck a tree after doing an auto takeoff (and pilot error since it was drifting away and I over corrected) and only broke 1 prop.
2015-1-23
Use props
dbeck.email
lvl.4

United States

Correct if I'm wrong...but...isnt this 'auto take off and auto landing mode', supposed to be the shit?
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

For what it's worth, I had a minor issue that I reported to DJI and they asked me to extract the flight logs and I had no problem doing so with a Windows 8.1 computer. They sent me a utility to install and it worked fine. You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
2015-1-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

From what I remember they warned people about the possibility of props coming off and if you think that stemmed from your incident. Are you saying your prop came off? Looking at your picture you are missing one prop! Did you ever find it and was it intact like it came off? maybe a little scraped up from hitting ground or what ever?

Mike
2015-1-23
Use props
joekeantang.ema
lvl.4

United States

will they be replacing your inpire1? or cover any of the damages since it was not a pilot error but a factory defect? You mentioned that you haven't heard back from them yet? I hope that they can help you besides just telling you what was the problem.
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vin.email Posted at 2015-1-24 11:13
I already have a second one that Im itching to fly once iOS gets straight and the prplocks show up.  ...

Are you saying DJI replaced it?
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
1785victor
New

United States

Vin.email Posted at 2015-1-24 11:30
Nope no replacement.. I'll keep flyin either way

Stay on them ,
and don't let up....you will end get getting them to make good ...
Finding  the savvy help person Is just plain difficult but Not impossible
T
2015-1-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where are you located.  I looked up the ticket number your referenced and got no results.  I am sorry for your crash.  I would like to see the flight log.  If you have an iOS device you can go into the Advanced setting and open the Flight Log.  Connect your computer to the usb port in the tail of the Inspire and you should see a remote drive.  Open it and find the last flight log.  I should be large if it is valid.  Load it to a place where you can share it with others.  We use dropbox most of the time.  We can then review the log and see what happened.  
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

this makes me a little queazy seeing this. this could be any one of us. really sorry this expensive and traumatic crash happened to you (or any of us for that matter)
    I am In Guerneville and we are talking about starting a local Inspire meet up group if you want to some locals to connect with for info and or fly with. So far there are one of us in Napa,myself,and one in Petaluma. others interested in the bay area as well.
    I am on inspire pilots forum as thumpinhard.
   good luck and let me know i f i can help.
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

The crash happened on a beautiful day in the Bay Area, light winds, sun was shining. Didnt have anything to do with drift or GPS lock

Sounds like the beginning too fairytale story that suddenly turned into a nightmare story Even thou it really did turn out nasty for 1 of your Inspire 1's

Makes me want too just put mine on wires and hang it from the ceiling as a display model when I get it
2015-1-23
Use props
2015-1-23
Use props
david.askew.ema
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Oh dear! That's done it for me... I've been flying with no issues but won't be touching it again until the prop locks turn up.

Please let us know how DJI treat you in this case.
2015-1-23
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

Vin.email Posted at 2015-1-24 12:43
Hi Ed,
I can assure you I reached out to DJI for help and the number I provided is my support ticke ...

Hi Vin.email,

Sorry to hear the crash. Thank you for the detailed description and the ticket number. May I know who did you send the pilot controller data to? SM.D?
Can you please also provide me your register account of the Inspire one app?
You can PM me via sending an email to howard.zheng@dji.com
Looking forward to hear from you, and we will help you out with this ASAP.
2015-1-23
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

Hi Vin.email,

Well received the account and app data by Sm.D.
Will get back to you soon.
Thank you very much.
2015-1-24
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

Hi Vin.email,

Well received the account and app data by Sm.D.
Will get back to you soon.
Thank you very much.
2015-1-24
Use props
2015-1-24
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for sharing Vin. Still waiting on mine to come. First drone. You got me nervous. Haha.

I'm East Bay, maybe we can meet up sometime. Good luck with your help from DJI.
2015-1-24
Use props
guihoan.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27349 ft
South Korea

DJI answered here?
2015-1-26
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

Inspire = quad , one prop/esc/motor failure = free fall. I am not sure what DJI will do with the logs.. probably just clarify if  it was the flight controllr/IMU malfunction or mechanical failure and then deal with your warranty
2015-1-26
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

Not necessarily - at least in the future...  Don't know if you've seen this, but this would help increase confidence levels.  Click to see how some clever people can recover a prop off event.  

This could help so much.....

Roastie
2015-1-26
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Excellent video re soft landing.

DJI, over to you to incorporate this into your software.

PS - Its seems its open source - so no royalties, just acknowledgement

2015-1-26
Use props
leefire
lvl.1
United States

I also had my inspire 1 fall from the sky.  This happened approximately two days ago. Beautiful day in Nor Cal with mild winds.   I did my usual preflight routine.  Battery check, calibrate, and hover.  When climbing approximately 20' I can only assume power failure as it dropped from the sky.  I have emailed DJI.  It has only been a few days and it did happen over a weekend.  Does anyone have any other information that may help me with the process?
2015-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules