Video editing software
5087 6 2016-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddy6954
New

United Kingdom

Hi all what video editing software do you all use apart from the one in DJI go.
Thanks
2016-7-2
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha eddy,

There are many different makers of video editing software out there that can compliment what you can get from DJI.  The most simple are associated with the two major forms of computing, the 600 pound gorilla PC and apple.  Now Apple users will try to tell you how wonderful their products are but they fail to say how much it costs and how much even more it costs if something goes wrong.  

Then there is the long list of PC products.  PC products are not necessarily inexpensive, but they are pervasive and versatile.  A great many of PC products are free so they can get you to use them with the hope that you will eventually purchase a version that really gets your job done.  In that process, you as a customer get to try some really good products and not that stupid appl. . . Oops!  Oh, sorry for getting carried away!

For Apple products, you are on your own (and hold on to your pocketbook).  For PC products, Microsoft MovieMaker is free and simple.  Then there is the free GoPro download, but they make you jump through some hoops to use it.  Look into some of the responses you are going to get in this thread to see how they address your editing concerns and then start playing around with the many different programs available.  This information will be invaluable!

Finally, if you think you have what it takes to start the long upward path to real video editing and face a 1000 page manual for a free video editing software, that just happens to have the best color correction, you will come upon BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve.  The latest is still free, but you will start to be addicted to the capabilities of video software.  It will grow on you until you have to master it.  Then, after you think you have gotten pretty good at video editing, you will learn that this forum and the users of our flying cameras are still actually amateurs in the real world of video.  Your videos will be of a seriously high quality, but still may not get you that professional job you wanted.  But, your videos will be better than anyone you know has produced and you will be very proud of them.

So, do you want to be on broadcast TV or do you like YouTube video.  This forum actually has users and information that can guide you in that long journey.  Hope this helps!  Sorry, appl . . .  Oh, Sheesh!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-3
Use props
dbensonp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968 ft
United States

Hey Eddie,

I've tried a lot of them and found NCH Suite the easiest to work with from start to finish, and they have a free version to see if you like it. Good Luck.....
2016-7-3
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Sony Vegas.
2016-7-3
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I use Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) on my mac, before that I was using iMovie on my iPad and iPhone.  FCPX is a pro level editor and fairly intuitive and under $500.  Cetaman (above) has some great ideas and recommendations and seems to be in tune with the video editing world.
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Eddy, hope this thread can help you:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2016-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out Davinci Resolve,  they have a free version.
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules