experience with Dji support
1266 8 2016-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetboys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535020 ft
Canada

yesturday i called DJI for tech support for my Phantom 3p because i was experiancing the dreaded "no image transmission" and that if i left the bin file on my card like i always did in the past  so the batteries could update if needed ( i have six batteries) i now get the phantom trying to update no matter what, where as before the bin file could stay on till the next update.

so I called tech support and the guy asked what the problem was and i explained. Then he asked me to read off the versions of the firmwear of the pantom and rc and the app. I then told him, thats when all he could say is, "send it in for repair I have exhausted all my resourses tryng to help you this matter". I said you have to be joking, how is that exhausting all your resourses when all you did was ask the virsions. He didnt even ask if i was updating it correctly or had two bin files on the card, or anything like that.  

so this is what i have to say to dji, this phantom is going in the trash and im just going to buy a new one. this issue is not worth my time or money to send it in for repair because dji cant get ther software updates correct. FYI prior to the update it ran just fine.  
2016-7-2
Use props
Calgary_drone
lvl.1

And just wait until you find out their customer service number isn't toll free. I got a nice surprise on my phone bill.
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience Jetboys! Maybe we can help you to solve this issue.
Could you please provide me a screenshot of the FW versions?

Did you try to refresh the video link with the buttons combination:

Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

What mobile device are you using? Please make sure that you are using latest version of DJI GO 2.8.3
Thank you!
2016-7-2
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-7-2 23:40
Could you please prov ...

2.8.3 A47303CC-A9E8-4BEC-B8A0-E270F0A5E32B.large.JPG
2016-7-3
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-7-2 23:40
Could you please prov ...

is it supposed to take a picture when this is done or am i doing it wrong  .
im using a ipad air2
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Jetboys Posted at 2016-7-3 22:09
is it supposed to take a picture when this is done or am i doing it wrong  .
im using a ipad air2

Could you find and post the upgrade log here? Thanks and here are the steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-7-3
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

dear moderators, please dont make light of my issue and make it suit your needs by editing the title of this forum topic. You took out the word "worst" from the title to make light of my experience with tech support.
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jetboys Posted at 2016-7-5 22:48
dear moderators, please dont make light of my issue and make it suit your needs by editing the title ...

I don't believe anyone here is making light of your situation. I understand that this situation is frusting, but we would need additional information in order to better assist you. Could you please provide the LOG information as Paladin had requested?

For clarification, you are tying to update the additional batteries and it will not update or is it contantly trying to update the aircraft when everything should already be updated? Could you specify what SD card are you using, it's current format and whether you had tried reformatting the card?
2016-7-6
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-6 14:24
I don't believe anyone here is making light of your situation. I understand that this situation is ...

i was talking about them editing the title of the post, it was originally call " worst experience with DJI support"

As for my problem, i resolved it myself, the phantoms on board sd card was not releasing data that should have been released/deleted after the update was complete. As for the remote always saying it needs to be updated, that was an issue where the APP needs to remain off after the rc and phantom have connected for up to one minute. I guess DJI needs to update there instructions on what to connect first.
2016-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules