Original Lens Broken
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

So, the other day when landing my P3A I failed to dee a small stone below the landing and consequently cracked the plain glass lens that comes as standard on the P3A.I removed the lens from the bird and all the glass just fell out of it.  I've been looking for a replacement but cannot find any in the store.  Is this part available??
I replaced with a filter and all is good except a lens sunshade will not fit.  Any suggestions??

2016-7-3
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Are you sure that you mean 'lens', or just the UV filter that came with it?

The DJI store has replacements (search for 'lens' and ignore the P4 entries) and you'll find that it's way too freakin' expensive for what it is.

If you have a filter kit with a plane PL (polarizer) filter, you can use that, although it is not a completely neutral filter (it does stop down your camera by a small amount). But it is also protection — you have to have some filter on to protect the actual camera lens.

If you really did break the actual camera lens, that's tough and I feel for you, but let that be a lesson to others: don't fly without at least the stock UV filter on your lens.

Chris

2016-7-3
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

You are correct - It was only the UV filter. I thought it was plain glass since it was so clear.
I have the PL filter on now and everything is fine except the sunshade won't fit over the filters.
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can find a replacement UV filter via the DJI Website:

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-uv-filter
2016-7-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Typically, polarizers have a 2 F stop loss of light.  That's quite a bit for darker scenes.
2016-7-3
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

Thanks Jamie DJI and Gary and Not a Speck
2016-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules