Battery Won't turn Off
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

I've never seen this mentioned in the forum...
I just finshed upgrading to the new 1.9.6 firmware and now...
When the update finished I had a solid RED light - removed the SD and read the AB Result - it said to repeat the procedure and this I will do, but not until the battery shuts off.
At the end of the update I couldn't turn off the battery while in the bird - the battery would not respond (is this the battery upgrade screwing with it?) Cannot turn on or turn off, so I removed it from the bird manually in the state was currently in.  The middle two lights are on solid and even if I put the battery on the charger it does nothing.
What should I do now????
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Zippy P3A, is it able to re-upgrade the firmware after formatting the card and extracting the bin file separately? Can the battery power the drone up?
2016-7-4
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

Thanks, Paladin,

As soon as I put the battery back in the drone (with the 2 middle green lights). The drone starts as it normally does with the beeps.
Here's what I get...
1) No signal to the drone from RC
2) App says "Battery Error"  -   The battery voltage is 0%   -   gimble light quickly  flashing red
3) App battery display page shows "0.00V" for all 4 cells,  remaining powder = 0mAh,  Total Capacity = 5200, Battery Life = 2%, and Times charged = 1 (has been a lot more).
4) I re-formatted the SD card and put it in the bird, then the battery (2 lights) The bird started as it should...  Red & Green blinking light.  After about 6-7 minutes, the light went solid red.
5) When I looked at the battery it had 3 lights were on (red, off, on, on, on). Removed battery and 3 lights stayed on.
6) I read the SD card for info and all it said is...  "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

.Before sending this back to you, I tried to upgrade about 6 more times (using different SD cards, saving the file in different ways, etc.).  formatted, download, transfer to SD, open and save the file with the .bin suffx, kept only that on the SD card and inserted it.
Most everytime I tried the bird, it blinked fast green, then no light, then solid green, all in a short time and it remains there.  Reading it afterwards, the only thing there was a new   "DCIM" folder and the .bin file - clicked on the .bin file to see the same file but extracted.
During all the ins and outs of the battery, it started working correctly.
That's about it.  Drone won't fly, battery seemd ok, app works and so does the remote. What do you suggest
HELP!

2016-7-4
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Simple solution. It will turn off after the battery drains. Just let it go and when drained just recharge and you should be good to go.
2016-7-4
Use props
zhjc
New

Hong Kong

mybe the camera firmware update failed, which lead to the battery firmware update failure
2016-7-4
Use props
Holydiscord
New

United States

Did you ever figure this out?
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules