Manually set focus to infinity
2238 6 2016-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Hey guys, does anyone know how to manually set focus to infinity FROM THE LENS, Not the app.   There isn't a focus stop, nor markers on the focus ring.

Thanks,
2016-7-4
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I think it can only be done with the app.
But you could try this....
With camera on, set to manual focus.
The focus dial should show on the monitor
Rotate the focus ring on lens. See if that changes anything.
2016-7-4
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
United States

I know it can be done, people on the forum do it. I just do not know how it's done as the focus ring doesn't seem to have an end stop
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

adam1 Posted at 2016-7-5 10:48
I know it can be done, people on the forum do it. I just do not know how it's done as the focus ring ...

The only other way do adjust the focus on the X5 is to hold the C1 control and use the gimbal wheel on the RC to make the adjustments. Is this what you're looking for, or are you looking for assistance with the separate Follow Focus accessories?
2016-7-5
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

adam1 Posted at 2016-7-5 04:48
I know it can be done, people on the forum do it. I just do not know how it's done as the focus ring ...

It might be that they who do it ( me included ) have a Olympus 12 mm lens. On that lens it is easy to set the focus to infinity on the lens itself.
2016-7-5
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-5 15:36
The only other way do adjust the focus on the X5 is to hold the C1 control and use the gimbal whee ...

What I want to do is:

Set the switch on the lens to MF

Turn the focus ring (on lens) to infinity

ALL ADJUSTMENTS MADE ON LENS, NOT APP

The problem being there isn't a distance ring, nor a stop to let you know where infinity is...
2016-7-5
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

adam1 Posted at 2016-7-6 08:48
What I want to do is:

Set the switch on the lens to MF

To my understanding you have original DJI 15mm lens, correct? Well, with this lens you can try to turn the focus ring manually and rely on WYSIWYG on tablet screen, which is not too reliable unfortunately. Set the biggest aperture so the depth of field is as shallow as possible. Once you get sharp display on far distances adjust the aperture to about 5.6 and ISO accordingly to get proper exposure. You should be fine, experiment with ND filters to keep apertures around sweet 5.6 or above.
Better yet, purchase Olympus 12mm. It's much, much better piece of glass ...
2016-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules