Can't download video from camera usb port
2769 4 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

Today I made the first flight with my new Inspire 1. I am very pleased with the performance and stability even in gusty conditions. I must say, the acceleration is many times quicker than my Vision 2 +. I played around close, ran the battery out and hurried home to see how the video turned out. I followed the manual and powered up the aircraft and plugged the usb cable into the port at the back of the camera and into the usb input on my PC, and it did not see the SD card. I pulled the card from the camera and put it in a card reader and into the PC and the files are there on the card. I recorded in .mov so I converted those files into avi so I could play the files on the PC. The videos run but they are terribly pixilated and smeary. I had the camera set at 4K -24.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? The video may be O.K. if I can download it through the camera. Thanks

2015-1-23
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

China

Hi 2001guns,

Thank you for posting us the issue.
Had you tried another USB cable? Downloading the videos via SD card reader is the same way as I usually do. It should not be the problem.
How about open the .mov videos with another PC? Or please share us the videos and we will see if we have the same problem.
2015-1-24
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does your software work with 4k? perhaps the conversion is to blame?
2015-1-24
Use props
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Howard Posted at 2015-1-24 16:32
Hi 2001guns,

Thank you for posting us the issue.

Both you guys are correct! The short usb cable that came with the inspire is defective. A change to a more powerful video converter cleared most of the problems with the recording. I am not clear as to which format to set the camera, .MOV or MPG4.  
Thanks!
2015-1-24
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a pc guy I prefer mp4. Same quality just a different wrapper
2015-1-24
Use props
Advanced