Are you having trouble with Android Marshmallow and connection is...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

Was using a Samsung Tab 4 model T710 (Android v4.1) and had no issues connecting with the DJI Go app. It should be noted that when I first got my P3P I installed the DJI Go app and Drone Deploy (just because, and never activated it).
P3P with latest firmware on all devices.
vr. 2.8.1 of DJI Go app.

Sat. I go buy the new Samsung Tab s2 model T713, which already had Marshmallow (v6.01) installed. Install all the programs I had on the T710 (only run a few apps). Ran DJI Go app and on the initial install was asked if you want to us this program as the default for a USB connection, so I answer yes.
Spent the rest of the day trying to connect with the DJI Go app and researching the new Marshmallow OS for clues to my connection issue.  
When I plug in the USB cable to the controller the DJI Go App launches but only connected once in a blue moon?? I tried every suggestion I could find on this forum to get a connection with no joy.

An Internet search shows a lot of Marshmallow users are having USB connection issues, especially with apps that require the USB port for the app, such as DJI Go   Tried some things that helped others, but again no joy L

Kept playing and this morning found a sequence that allowed for a connection every time. Leave controller connected to tablet and Quadcopter on.  Power off the tablet, then power back on and the DJI Go app pops up and connects every time without any further interaction. Ok fine, but far from what I expect and not really a solution.

I read a post from today where someone was having trouble with the Litchi app with DJI Go app installed. So I remember the Drone Deploy app that was installed and uninstall it. Presto the DJI Go app works as advertised, all the time now!

I realize this isn’t a proper fix especially for those that are using more than one app, but at least it’s a way for me to get out flying again with the new tablet.  I’m a computer geek but have stayed away from Android, but it sure looks as though the changes made to the USB connection component of Android Marshmallow are causing the issues. I sure hope DJI Tech dept. are looking into this issue!

2016-7-4
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I have marshmallow on my Galaxy S7 and it works fine no issues
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello mochorm, please make sure the USB debugging mode and MTP mode are enabled when your tablet connects to the RC.
http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1045199
https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tu ... mode-on-android.htm
2016-7-4
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I have the same issues with my HTC ONE M9. After several combinations of booting and restarting, it will eventually connect. I have no other apps that require a usb connection. I even factory reset the phone and only installed DJI GO. Same issue. I tried LItchi, at first it would connect, but as soon as i went into the settings, it would disconnect. Now after resetting the phone, it will not connect at all. The transmitter will not even acknowledge that the phone is connected. Even after deleting the GO app.
The weird thing is that my Nvidea K1 shield tablet connects every single time no issues. Although, the GO app did freeze and close on me mid flight while I was about 5000 feet away. That is a weird feeling...  
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

"I realize this isn’t a proper fix especially for those that are using more than one app"

Actually you don't need to uninstall the other app, if your Android devices are rooted (I don't buy Android devices that can't be rooted).

Use apps like Titanium back to freeze the alternative app, like Litchi, and when you want to use it again, just click to release it.

I use  "Ice Box", a free app on Google Play, to freeze DJI Go and Litchi,  so the two apps are invisible to each other.
2016-7-5
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-4 22:30
Hello mochorm, please make sure the USB debugging mode and MTP mode are enabled when your tablet con ...

Had a look at both links. My TAB S2 connects to my PC every time as expected.

But connecting with the R/C does not work as expected. Tried debug mode, but that didn't change anything. The only way I can connect to the DJI Go app is by hooking up as per the DJI manual then rebooting the Tablet.

it puzzles me how others with the s2 tablet are saying they have no trouble connecting ? Are they running Marshmallow? What are they doing differently that allows them to connect as expected?
2016-7-10
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.2
United States

It appears that the Android Marshmallow issue is device dependent, and currently there is no fix. It is not app related
If you do some looking around you will find many related posts on the issues with Marshmallow. My own included.
2016-7-10
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

Agreed, but what are other Galaxy S2 (SM-T713) users doing differently when they say they are having no trouble running the app?
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-11 03:41
Had a look at both links. My TAB S2 connects to my PC every time as expected.

But connecting wit ...

Do you try other devices like IOS devices?
2016-7-10
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-10 20:12
Do you try other devices like IOS devices?

Hi Paladin, yes I've tried my iPhone 6 and it works as expected, that screen is far too small for these eyes

Paladin I realize the Samsung T713 is not on your list of approved devices, but most of us that buy a new Phantom are not going to go out and buy an old tablet to go with our new bird.

Samsung is a major supplier of devices so I would expect DJI to keep up to date with technology and at least test the major supplier of devices so we can buy the latest technology. Looking at DJI's list of Android devices there isn't a lot of new stuff there, so it begs the question of why? All the Apple product is updated, hmm DJI wouldn't be trying to purposely steer their customers to buy over priced Apple products would they ?
2016-7-11
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

I've tried everything I could think of to get this Samsung S2 T713 to work properly to no avail. So I figured the next step would be to return the Tablet to Best Buy, which I did today.

Bought the same Tablet again and did not let BB install their plastic shield this time as I found people having issue's due to the plastic protector. Get home take the Tablet out of the box only to find out it is last years model, which is the T-710 and comes with vr. 5 of Android!!

Kinda strange because the S2 is on sale at Best Buy, so when I first bought the device I expected the older vr. T-710 and got the new vr. T-713. This time around it was opposite I ended up with a T-710.
They look identical and the biggest difference is a new CPU/GPU which has a slower clock rate, but from what I've read the new T-713 runs apps and graphics faster.

Anyway I install the DJI Go app and low and behold it works like a champ!! No issue's connecting with the DJI GO app, no matter which on/off sequence I use!!

So the next step will be to let the O.S. upgrade to Marshmallow v6.01 and see if the DJI Go app works!
2016-7-13
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Canada

Update:
Android v6.01 installed fine on the Samsung SM T-710 8" Tablet.

DJI Go app works properly, I can disconnect and reconnect all the various devices in whatever sequence I want and the App and USB port connect properly!!!

I'm happy it is now working, however feel a bit ripped off as I'm buying last years model for the same price as the new model I've also come to learn the new tablet is about 25% faster.

Also I feel the T-713 tablet was faulty or the plastic shield Best Buy applied had something to do with the problems I was experiencing (others have reported having this issue)?
So I guess the next step will be to go to Best Buy and see if I can exchange the T-710 for a new T-713 and give that another try!

Thank goodness for our local big box stores!!!
2016-7-13
Use props
james.kilgore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6450 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not just you. My T-713 does the exact same thing. I'm gonna order a T-710 based on your success with it
2016-7-13
Use props
TacoRye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174203 ft

I recently tried the Samsung S2 8" tablet.  Amazing tablet, however it would rarely connect to my P3P via DJI Go App.  It kept having USB issues, even with debugging and MTP on.  I did factory resets, still the same issue every time. No connection. The furthest it would get is a connect button pop up under Inspire 1.  Again, I had it connected to a P3P.  So I found it too inconsistent.  I ended up returning the tablet and buying a used iPAD mini 2, as I have heard they are very efficient with DJI go.  Only issue is, I much prefer Android OS over iOS.  

It is important to note, the P3P works and connects to my Droid Turbo running Lollipop.  

If anyone can confirm a fix for the S2 8" running Marshmallow, please let me know, as I would take the S2 over the iPad anyday.

Thanks!
2016-7-29
Use props
Dead Donkey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As I mentioned in previous posts, I have a 2nd gen Nexus 7 and a Nexus 9 (both on DJI approved list) and GO and Litchi on both tabs. Neither app on either tab works on 6.0.1. Both apps work on both tabs when on 6.0.

There seems to be an issue with the combination of 6.0.1 and some but not all tabs. This problem is hitting DJI owners hard. Some tabs work fine, some tabs work with a fiddle, some tabs (like mine) do not work at all whatever tricks you do.

I bit the bullet and removed 6.0.1 and re-installed 6.0 on both tabs which restored normal DJI operations on both apps. Re-installation of a previous version of Android is white knuckle work and not for the feint hearted.

There is hope. Google have announced 7.0 (Nougat) which will be available soon and hopefully will address this usb problem. At present there is a beta version called N which is available to developers and enthusiasts.

2016-7-30
Use props
TacoRye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174203 ft
United States

I posted a topic a week or so ago regarding this issue on a new Samsung s2 tablet ,you should try their suggestion.

My problems were identical to yours.  I have zero problems now by:
Going to developer options, change USB configuration to RNDIS, the Go app will immediately connect.  Each time, Everytime.  Don't know why it works, but it does.  I'd love to hear why!!
2016-7-31
Use props
4gregwilton
New

United States

TacoRye Posted at 2016-7-31 09:04
I posted a topic a week or so ago regarding this issue on a new Samsung s2 tablet ,you should try th ...

RNDIS fixed my problem also!

I have a galaxy Tab S2 running 6.0.1, I had tried suggestion that I could find. I find that I need to follow a specific sequence but it works every time.

1. Power on RC
2. Power on Phantom 3
3. I wait until the green lights are flashing. I'm not user if that is required.
4. Turn on tablet, go to Developer Options > USB Configuration > Set to RNDIS.
5. Plug USB into RC and tablet. Litchi starts up and in a few seconds it is connected.

Even though I set it to RNDIS, the tablet changes it back to MTP as is should. You might be able to use any options except MTP because it seems like the process of the app negotiating the mode seems to be key. I have read several posts where people had success pulling down the notifications and selecting USB and changing to Charging or MIDI. The notification method did not work for me.
2016-8-19
Use props
rahmani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46791 ft

Iran

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=383106
2016-8-26
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I hook everything up, power the aircraft and RC up, then boot my tablet (Samsung Tab A).  Works fine. If I simply wake up the tablet it usually does not work.
2016-8-26
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-4 21:30
Hello mochorm, please make sure the USB debugging mode and MTP mode are enabled when your tablet con ...

i think marshmallows turned off my USB debugging. Hoping that turning it back on will keep my S2 from rebooting in mid-flight!
2016-9-25
Use props
gBNWJw7dSkTP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23 ft
India

jctarvin Posted at 2016-9-26 04:27
i think marshmallows turned off my USB debugging. Hoping that turning it back on will keep my S2 f ...

Hi,
I was facing problem in connecting to my Phantom 3 Advanced using Litchi & DJI Go apps on my Samsung TAB-A, 8" running on marshmallow 6.01.
I solved it by doing following:-

1. type *#0808# and select AP in USB and RNDIS+DM+MODEM in USB settings
2 Boot Samsung TAB-A, this makes RNDIS as default usb setting which does not changes after rebooting. To go back to MTP if required, again use *#0808#.
3. Keeping Litchi and DJI Go both in Icebox (a free app) and unfreezing either Litchi or DJI Go whichever I want to use.
4. Start RC, then Phantom, then connect USB to Samsung TAB, it asks for Litchi  or DJI GO (whichever you have unfrozen) to select as option, do it and you will have camera connection.
It works every time without fail.

Hope this will of help to those facing problem with Samsung TAB and Marshmallow

RP Singh
2016-11-16
Use props
Vishnu1958
lvl.2
India

TacoRye Posted at 2016-7-31 21:34
I posted a topic a week or so ago regarding this issue on a new Samsung s2 tablet ,you should try th ...

use *#0808# and select RNDIS as default option. It will not change back to MTP etc unless to select it through *#0808# option

2016-11-16
Use props
Vishnu1958
lvl.2
India

4gregwilton@ver Posted at 2016-8-20 02:59
RNDIS fixed my problem also!

I have a galaxy Tab S2 running 6.0.1, I had tried suggestion that I  ...

Use *#0808# and select RNDIS as default USB setting. This will not change it to MTP unless changed backed using *#0808#
2016-11-16
Use props
Phantomjim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97539 ft
United Kingdom

TacoRye Posted at 2016-7-31 16:04

This is how I have to Connect my Samsung Tab A which is on Marshmallow 6.01
Whereas my LG G4 running Marshmallow 6.00 connects without touching USB Debugging.

I'm lead to believe that the problem is in 6.01 so if you are on 6.00 don't upgrade.

Jim
2016-11-16
Use props
LongShotNC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21952 ft
United States

Thanks for the post. I purchased a Tab E that had 6.0.1 on it instead of the listed 4.6.1.  I made my first Phantom 4 flight thanks to this instead of returning the tablet.
          "Kept playing and this morning found a sequence that allowed for a connection every time. Leave controller connected to tablet and Quadcopter on.  Power off the tablet, then power back on and the DJI Go app pops up and connects every time without any further interaction. Ok fine, but far from what I expect and not really a solution."
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules