My Phantom 3 HAS Left me in tears
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mannyhanif
New

United Kingdom

I bought a Phantom 3 last year (May 2015). After 100s of successful flights and vowing my familiy and friends...I decided to give my bird a long 1 year... break....until last week...

I decided to upgrade my Firmware from the DJI Website - the firmwire I downloaded was Phantom Pro 1.9.60 - From the website.

I successfully upgraded the Firmware for the Drone - with the beep sounds etc..and the green light flashing...

Next I tried to update the RC controller using my USB stick - Nothing...the RC controller would not even detect it..tried other USB sticks...but nothing..

To make matters worse...after the upgrade the DJI APP does NOT DETECT the controller....it just says "How to Connect" and nothing happens.

I spent £1300 on this Drone and it seems to be DJI is doing nothing to resolve this issue. I am actually in tears.

2016-7-4
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

If you're actually in tears because of firmware not upgrading you need to man up. You're bound to have experienced worse things in life than this.

But back to your original question. Try deleting the app and re installing it, and make sure it's the new version. Maybe try a different  SD card or USB stick. Also I believe that firmware covers the batteries so each one will need to be updated also.

Your post is a tad confusing as well, how'd you give it a year break if it's just only a year old?
2016-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Find and read the latest material on updating, because I am pretty sure you cannot update the RC using a USB stick any longer, it needs to be done via your phone/tablet's WiFi connection to the Internet.
2016-7-4
Use props
bpsphotog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28543 ft
United States

^^This.  The firmware is updated via the app.
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

If you haven't updated in a year than you were most likely on 1.2.
The RC needs to have 1.3 installed via the USB port with the same 1.3 aircraft firmware and following the instructions in the PDF that's included in the ZIP file.
Then you can update the RC to 1.6 via the app.
2016-7-4
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-4 22:22
If you haven't updated in a year than you were most likely on 1.2.
The RC needs to have 1.3 installe ...

Hi Ken...I've always wondered why DJI no longer allows updating of the firmware of the RC on a USB stick...including the P3P?   I, too, have tried updating my P3P controller via USB sticks in the past several months with the most recent updates and it seems as if the controller is no longer looking for the firmware on the USB and you MUST update via the GO APP.

NOTE:  all your documentation on the website STILL shows the USB stick method as an option.
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-7-5 11:00
Hi Ken...I've always wondered why DJI no longer allows updating of the firmware of the RC on a USB ...

Can you post a like to the documentation, it should only state RC USB updating if lower than 1.3.
2016-7-4
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

You'll b fine, you need to update the firmware in order from lowest to greatest. Annoying I know right?
2016-7-4
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-4 23:07
Can you post a like to the documentation, it should only state RC USB updating if lower than 1.3.

Hi Ken, sure:

A few different docs.  The latest and greatest v1.8 user's manual:
v1.8 Users Manual

1) Page 9.....diagram for RC still states the following for the usb port:
[16] USB Port
       Connect to mobile device of to a USB port for firmware upgrade

How to update the firmware Document:
How to update firmware v1.4
1) In the notes section on page 3, it is a little confusing in the following paragraph b/c it does imply that you can update your remote controller using a MicroSD card.  Granted, the document now clearly states to use your DJI Go app to update firmware, but this note can be slightly misleading that all versions of the firmware can use the microSD card for updating:
* Only the INSPIRE 1 remote controller firmware v1.3.00 or
PHANTOM 3 Professional or Advanced remote controller firmware
v1.3.20 or later support updating through the DJI GO app.  If
necessary, update your remote controller using a micro SD card.

I will note, however, that these documents have been updated and are much clearer than previous versions!
2016-7-5
Use props
mannyhanif
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone have a link to V 1.3 or the lowest version i can downgrade to?

Thanks
2016-7-5
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

Ive got the file for 1.3.002 but its for the advanced. If you have the Pro then it wont work.
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-7-5 19:38
Hi Ken, sure:

A few different docs.  The latest and greatest v1.8 user's manual:

Those are still there in case you purchase a aircraft and it's really old stock and it's not on 1.3 yet.
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mannyhanif Posted at 2016-7-5 20:25
Does anyone have a link to V 1.3 or the lowest version i can downgrade to?

Thanks

You can only downgrade one version.
2016-7-5
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-5 09:56
Those are still there in case you purchase a aircraft and it's really old stock and it's not on 1. ...

OK...makes sense.   As stated, they have definitely improved greatly over the past few revisions, so my anecdotal comments were probably a bit nit-picky anyway.
2016-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules