Can't get maps to load in WIFI on Digiland Tablet
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

I gought a Digiland tablet at Best Buy and it's running the Go app, but I can't get maps to load in the app connected on WIFI at home. I'm not an Android guy. Can anyone help with some setting or ??? I read in other forums that a few had these and specifically asked if maps were loading and they said yes... So I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

Quint
2016-7-4
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm just leaving this for future reference for someone. I got it working. I had to update Google Play Services. (Which is totally confusing, but I did a google search and found a way to do it. It doesn't show up in the google store, (Google Play Services) unless you search in CHROME and then it shows up. It shows up on a regular google search. And then you get the update button. I you just search for it in the google play store, it doesn't show up. Once I did that, Maps started working in the Go App on this Digiland DL718M tablet.
2016-7-4
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Glad the issue has been sorted out. Definitely look to upgrade to a much newer and higher-performance android or iOS tablet, with maybe even a bigger screen, for a more comfortable viewing experience during flight.

Good luck with your many upcoming flights!
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

quint7 Posted at 2016-7-5 05:53
I'm just leaving this for future reference for someone. I got it working. I had to update Google Pla ...

DJI has it's recommended list of devices that are known to work. Any other and it may not work or partially work.
Clad you got got it working.

iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Glad to hear that problem has been solved and thanks for your sharing. It is also helpful for some android devices which cannot show the map correctly.
2016-7-4
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have an iPhone 6. This is not my primary device. I just wanted to try something with a larger screen.

That being said, in the end I did not get the Digiland Tablet working. Yes, maps loaded BUT THEY ARE UPSIDE DOWN.

Ooops.

Turns out this device does not have a real internal compass so GO maps load upside down. No way to correct it, so I returned it.

Q
2016-7-17
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-5 04:57
DJI has it's recommended list of devices that are known to work. Any other and it may not work or  ...

Updating google play services didnt do any on my Xperia Z3. Any suggestions? Do i open the google maps app to load the map to the cache and thats it or do i miss anything crucial here?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-7-18 17:10
Updating google play services didnt do any on my Xperia Z3. Any suggestions? Do i open the google  ...

Can you post a video clip, you don't need to load any maps. The map should be there automatically in the map screen. Then to cache, just move the map to your flight area and it's cached.
2016-7-18
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-18 16:06
Can you post a video clip, you don't need to load any maps. The map should be there automatically  ...

Seems like it "wont" remember the cached maps. I've done it while on cellular and wifi on both flying location and home. Everytime it doesnt load and just shows the grid and flightroute. All settings for location is as needed i think so running out of options. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-7-19 17:18
Seems like it "wont" remember the cached maps. I've done it while on cellular and wifi on both fly ...

can you post a video clip as I posted earlier?
Open the app and expand the map view and make it outline your flying area then close the app and go to that area and open the app.
If it doesn't work on your Xperia, can you try a different device.
2016-7-19
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-19 16:08
can you post a video clip as I posted earlier?
Open the app and expand the map view and make it ou ...

Hi again Ken! I never get any maps just grid while in app. So it doesnt matter where i am, as i've tried on both wifi and cellular but no result what so ever. It's like if there is something blocking the app from loading the map.

-dont know how to post videos here tho...
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-7-21 01:46
Hi again Ken! I never get any maps just grid while in app. So it doesnt matter where i am, as i've ...

To post a video, just upload one to YouTube and post the link to it.

it must be your device, you have the GPS turned on in the device correct?
And you are not zoomed in too far?
Does the Google maps app bring up a map?
2016-7-20
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-20 21:45

it must be your device, you  ...

Yes the google maps app works like charm, but can't render it in the GO app. Is there some settings withing the GO i might have missed? I have enabled pretty much everything there is
2016-7-20
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-20 21:45

it must be your device, you  ...

Ken! Solved it... After much back and forth i found that i forgot to enable position in the google+! Thanks for the help!
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-7-21 22:02
Ken! Solved it... After much back and forth i found that i forgot to enable position in the google ...

Very nice, can you post a screenshot of that page for reference.
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules