VPS sensor failure? HELP!
2530 8 2016-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vanondemand
New

Canada

The ultrasonic sensor / VPS system on my inspire 1 is not working. It will not detect the ground no matter what surface I put it on it just displays "N/A" intermittently it would function for a few seconds and then switch back to "N/A" I can not get it to go into travel mode.
I have the originaly FW 1.08 it doesnt work. Tried updating to 1.09 still doesn't work. I have checked the cables appear to be in place. The sensor and camera is clean. I can look into the VPS module and see green with blinking red from the inside.

Has anyone had their VPS sensor fail?
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried all the calibrations?
If the camera sensors/sonar are clean then possibly the VPS would need to be replace.
2016-7-4
Use props
vanondemand
New

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-4 21:46
Have you tried all the calibrations?
If the camera sensors/sonar are clean then possibly the VPS wou ...

Yes IMS and Compass calibration. the sensor is clean!
2016-7-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If you ever get in a jam you get get it into travel mode manually with this link.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52862-1-1.html
also you could try switching the RC 4 times , see instructions below.

When you are just lifting off and under 10 feet is the VPS giving any incication of height, if it is not and you have  a bad sensor . See illustration in blue for location of VPS data

Make  sure that you have the VPS enabled as well on the go app .

I hope this helps

donnie
travel mode.PNG
vps.PNG
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you been in contact with the North American support team in regards to this issue as well? What firmware do you currently have on the RC? If you are able to follow Donnie's advice, then that should help put it back in the case. It may ultimately be best to have the unit sent back for diagnostics and repair.
2016-7-5
Use props
vanondemand
New

I am trying to contact the online seller I purchased it from: multirotorheli.ca They are an authorized repair centre for DJI how ever they are not responding to any of my inquiries, I am based in Canada. Are there any other alternatives?
2016-7-6
Use props
vanondemand
New

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-6 00:53
If you ever get in a jam you get get it into travel mode manually with this link.

http://forum.dji. ...

The VPS is giving no indications at all no matter what surface or height. I believe the VPS is broken.
2016-7-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

vanondemand Posted at 2016-7-6 03:04
The VPS is giving no indications at all no matter what surface or height. I believe the VPS is bro ...

I concur , good luck getting it fixed.

Sorry you are having trouble,

donnie
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

vanondemand Posted at 2016-7-6 16:04
I am trying to contact the online seller I purchased it from: multirotorheli.ca They are an authoriz ...

If you're not able to get in touch with your dealer, then you can either use the Online Chat option or email support.us@dji.com to see about having the unit exchanged (if applicable) or a RMA for a repair.
2016-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules