360 panosystem with Osmo possible ?
1057 2 2016-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hello everybody , maybe somebody or from DJ-I can answer my questions:
i did a lot of 360 videos the last time , mostly filmed by many dslr cams and 2 weeks ago also with a gopro rig under my s1000.
now i wanna try to build a rig with 4-5 osmos´s . but because they move the whole time and stitching will be nearly impossible ....
-  is it possible to film with them when the motor´s are locked ?
- is it possible , if i build a frame which will hold the osmo at the camerahead, and the gimbal and handle will be free and can move ?
- any other idea´s ?

kind regards stephan

360 Panosystem also possible with osmo´s ?

360 Panosystem also possible with osmo´s ?
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

1.Yes, you can physically lock the gimbal so Osmo works like a camera without gimbals, so no stabilization.  Or you can lock the direction of the camera and lock the handle and the gimbal will work to stabilize the camerahead, I think this is what you're talking about. In both cases the camera will work normally.

2.No, that will damage the motors of the gimbal, and the camera will not be stabilized. Frankly I don't know why anyone would want to do this.

2016-7-4
Use props
alvintoro
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

I use my Osmos with the gimbal locked all the time when I want to use the Osmo as a 3rd static camera on a tripod and not have it drift on it's own while recording unattended. Works well. The only thing I'd wish was for a way to disable the beeping.
2016-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules