Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision App Crashes when Moving Camera
1234Next >
13395 141 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christopher.ada
New

United States

Hi all. Just got a P2V about a week ago. Been using it a bunch but starting today I've noticed that as soon as I try to move the camera up or down in the Vision App the app closes. The camera actually does move but I have to re open the app every time.

Anyone else have this issue?

Phantom 2 Vision
Everything upgraded
Re-installed the Vision App (iOS)

Not sure what else to do at this point but it's pretty frustrating.

Please help!

Thanks.
2015-1-23
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i have same setup and never had this issue.  assume you've hard booted the phone?  
2015-1-23
Use props
Christopher.ada
New

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-24 13:50
i have same setup and never had this issue.  assume you've hard booted the phone?

Rebooted the phone.
Reinstalled the app.

Not sure what else to do. As soon as I touch up or down the app exits out. The camera moves but the app crashes. Sounds like software but could it be hardware? Any way to upgrade the camera outside of the assistant software?

Appreciate the help.
2015-1-24
Use props
tnash.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149229 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, this is my 1st post on this forum, done a lot of reading & learnt so much, thanks guys

I've got the same symptoms as Christopher.ada, all working ok until I updated the app today. As soon as I move the camera up & down the app crashes. Again I've done everything that's been mentioned in the above messages but with no joy.

I have a dji phantom 2 vision which the guy in the red suit bought me in December... Been flying it since then with no problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.
2015-1-24
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Report the bug to support@dji.com
2015-1-24
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

I am having the same exact issue. Sounds like this is a brand new problem. Must have something to do with the new updates..
2015-1-24
Use props
tracieandantoni
lvl.1

United States

I've been having the same issue ever since I upgraded the range extender to use mobile data. This really sucks that the beta test on all their users instead of doing it in a controlled group. I'm scared to take my bird out and fly now because theirs no way of telling how it may effect the craft in flight. I hope dji is listening and resolve this issue. I'm grounded until then.
2015-1-24
Use props
tnash.email
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have just emailed DJI regarding this bug as per knarfboy's post above, just need to wait & see what they say, I'll report back any info.

Fingers crossed that they can sort out this problem.
2015-1-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tnash.email Posted at 2015-1-25 15:06
Hi all,

I have just emailed DJI regarding this bug as per knarfboy's post above, just need to wait  ...

The other thing I have noticed with this update (but not sure if it did this previously.) is that if you lose signal from the Phantom the Wifi Extender after the upgrade drops the WiFi signal to the phone.

This is a problem if you are operating close to home and have your phone set up for your home wifi.

Your Phone connects to your home wifi and does not reconnect to the Phantom when the extender comes back on line. The same would happen if a free wifi system was operating close to your flight area that you had used previously.

I have the Do not Auto connect to Wifi set on the phone but after you have connected once to a wifi source it automatically selects it if no other wifi points are active.

iPhone 6 + current IOS version.

2015-1-24
Use props
tnash.email
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-25 15:22
The other thing I have noticed with this update (but not sure if it did this previously.) is that  ...

My phantom will definitely stay on the ground until this has been sorted out, as I've not flown since the app update I can't comment on the wifi side of things, could this also be something else to worry about?

I use an iPhone 4+ With the latest iOS  for my fpv, upgrade next month to the iPhone 6+
2015-1-25
Use props
shawn.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211467 ft
Canada

I went out earlier this evening with my 2 vision for my first flight since the latest app update and noticed this as well.  Definitely irritating and unsettling, but since I can connect to the camera immediately after restarting the app I seriously doubt it would cause any control difficulties mid-flight.  My guess is that this is a problem solely with the latest update as I had the copter out just before the update was released and had no issues.  I hope DJI will issue another app update quickly that resolves this problem!

Cheers all!
2015-1-25
Use props
Christopher.ada
New

United States

shawn.email Posted at 2015-1-25 17:33
I went out earlier this evening with my 2 vision for my first flight since the latest app update and ...

Whew, glad to hear it's not just me. I'll submit the bug as well.

If anyone finds a temp fix please let us know.
2015-1-25
Use props
Christopher.ada
New

United States

shawn.email Posted at 2015-1-25 17:33
I went out earlier this evening with my 2 vision for my first flight since the latest app update and ...

If anyone finds a temp fix please let us know.
2015-1-25
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Christopher.ada Posted at 2015-1-25 22:47

If anyone finds a temp fix plea ...

Chris,

It's a DJI screw up.  

Anyone owning a Phantom Vision that updated the vision APP to ver 1.0.46 is literally f@#kd by DJI until they fix their disaster.

My 1.0.43 version worked perfectly....unfortunately for me I had my Apple phone engaged to automatically update Apps...now my app crashes with any use of the camera and who knows what else.

Unreal!!!
2015-1-25
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-26 08:37
Chris,

It's a DJI screw up.  

After updating the camera to 1.3.0 and giving the iPhone a hard reset it seams to be more stable now.

The Warning and Light replicator status still says NA but everything else seems to work OK now.

I have tried also with my iPad 2 and it works as well. No crashes anymore.
2015-1-25
Use props
tender.email
lvl.2
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-25 15:22
The other thing I have noticed with this update (but not sure if it did this previously.) is that  ...

A good idea if your are flying close to home is to tell the wifi setting on your device to "forget" your home network or any other ones up might have been connected to in your flying area.  That way if you lose connection to your bird, it usually reconnects without a problem.  
2015-1-25
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-26 10:12
After updating the camera to 1.3.0 and giving the iPhone a hard reset it seams to be more stable n ...

LET ME GUEST YOU OWN A PHANTOM 2 VISON PLUS ? THE PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS ARE THOSE WHO OWNS A VSION AND NOT A PLUS.
2015-1-25
Use props
tnash.email
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all , just had a reply back from DJI, need to send them a short video on what happens to the screen, I know it crashes... but they what to see it happen.

I just hope this will help get the new app released asap.
2015-1-25
Use props
aeroview
New

Australia

Ok guys I have the same issue ... after the update of the app If a touch the camera control or the girocontrol to tilt the camera the app close it self.
thanks for posting im also waiting for an answer.
2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-neil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13465 ft
China

hi all
   We are solving the problem, Can you help to tell us the camera version ? You can get the version in setting -> about page.
2015-1-26
Use props
tnash.email
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-neil Posted at 2015-1-26 16:38
hi all
   We are solving the problem, Can you help to tell us the camera version ? You can get the  ...

Hi Neil,

As requested,

App: 1.0.46(1520)
Camera: 1.1.9
NAza-m: 3.08
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

hi all
   We are solving the problem, Can you help to tell us the camera version ? You can get the  ...

Hi Neil,
I have a Phantom 2 Vision (egg shaped camera model) that has camera version 1.1.9 installed with ver. 3.08 firmware. I had Vision App ver. 1.0.43 and all worked great....

Problem as described by others (seems to be with Phantom 2 Vision model) is that after the APP ver. 1.0.46(1520) got automatically updated to my Apple 4s phone....the app crashes when you try to move the Vision camera up and down.  There has also been reference to an update for the FC200 camera called ver. 1.3.  this is calling out confusion because many think that this is for the Vision+ but not clearly understood if it is also for the plain Vision camera too (egg shaped camera) since both are called FC-200.

Thanks,
Rick

2015-1-26
Use props
chrisgreenback.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881 ft
United States

same problem here......why would DJI not test this app before pushing it out to everyone is beyond me.....with such a big company you think that they'd have some common sense in at least one brain in the company...
2015-1-26
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Neil,  thanks for jumping on this thread.  I called tech support and was told to send the Vision (NON +)  in for service.  Like steadystickrick i have the same problem which is on the NON + Vision with the egg camera gimbal adjust.

I just sent email that stated:
"My issue as I told the tech was that with the latest iPHONE IOS 1.0.46 update when I touch the camera gimbal adjustment in the iPhone Vision App the app crashes…  

I would like to reload V 1.0.43 but that is not an option as my PC automatically updated with the autoupdate on the iPhone.

This issue appears to be related to the iPhone App as my brother who uses a Samsung Galaxy updated his app and does not have this issue. Maybe there is not a release for Android as I cant tell from the DJI Vision, Download page for Vision. His unit was given to him at the same time as mine for Christmas.  We both updated the units before first flight to latest camera 1.19,  Assistant 3.6, Naza M 2.08 etc… he will check with his iPhone which upgraded like mine tonight when he get home.  

Question I have is before I send the unit in for 3+ weeks, not including the cost of transit both ways for us could somebody please tell me if there is a new app coming or, is there a new release in the works etc…  After reviewing the forum I do not believe that I am the only one with this issue.

i’m just looking for guidance before sending in for what appears to be a known problem per noise on multiple forums"

Looking for guidance beside sending the vision back at both of our's cost if a patch is in the works.  If not can DJI place a "DJI Vision 3" load on iTunes so we can fly again?

2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-27 06:41
Neil,  thanks for jumping on this thread.  I called tech support and was told to send the Vision (NO ...

I think you meant Assistant 3.6 Naza M ver. 3.08?

I upgraded after getting my Vision for Christmas to the above version....
Also, upgraded Vision Camera (egg Shaped) to ver. 1.1.9
and installed the iOS Vision App ver. 1.43

The above configuration was perfect.....

Unfortunately, everywhere i go to try find a Vision APP it's the new 1.46.... on top of that, folks at DJI have confused the issue by releasing a new Camera upgrade ver. 1.3....I did not do the camera upgrade because they are calling it the FC200 upgrade on the Phantom 2 Vision+ download site but not on the regular Phantom Vision site.  
Some here have commented that the reason that two different cameras for two different Phantoms carry the same name is because they have the same internal parts....thats a bunch of BS....the cameras require completely different factory tooling and should have different naming to eliminate the confusion.  
2015-1-26
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

.... and don't forget another Gimbal control plane on the V+ compared to the V.....  

and yes steadystickrick it was 3.08.

2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-27 06:20
Hi Neil,
I have a Phantom 2 Vision (egg shaped camera model) that has camera version 1.1.9 installe ...

I agree completely the cameras for the vision and vision plus should have different names.  Looking at the download for firmware at each site- the date of creation is different for each model, suggesting there are two different firmwares, one for each model.  I installed the plus version from the plus page for my plus model and it seems to work fine.  I bet the same would be true for the vision page and the vision model.  Good luck.
2015-1-26
Use props
clsk1
New

United States

leehartley2000. Posted at 2015-1-27 08:01
I agree completely the cameras for the vision and vision plus should have different names.  Lookin ...

So you installed the 1.3 Vision + FC200 firmware on the Vision (non plus) FC200 ? I was going to do this but was afraid that I would end up bricking it.
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

leehartley2000. Posted at 2015-1-27 08:01
I agree completely the cameras for the vision and vision plus should have different names.  Lookin ...

Lee did you install the new camera upgrade ver. 1.3 onto a FC200 (egg shaped) camera? On the Vision plus download page it labels the ver. 1.3 for the FC200 and on the Vision page it is ver 1.1.9, which is my current version.
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

clsk1 Posted at 2015-1-27 08:08
So you installed the 1.3 Vision + FC200 firmware on the Vision (non plus) FC200 ? I was going to d ...

I agree with you...I wouldn't install if I were you....I already learned my lesson...DJI has a real problem releasing firmware and confusing model nomenclature.  There is no way the camera on a Phantom 2 Vision+ is the same as the cam on a Phantom 2 Vision...and for DJI to label them as such is a recipe for confusion, danger & disaster!
2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

clsk1 Posted at 2015-1-27 08:08
So you installed the 1.3 Vision + FC200 firmware on the Vision (non plus) FC200 ? I was going to d ...

NO!  I installed the plus version from the plus page as I have a plus.  It has a different posted date from the non-plus version on the non-plus page.  I'm suggesting the date difference is because they are two different firmware update with the same name.  Just be sure to download from the correct page to get the correct firmware.  I have a Vision plus and downloaded from the vision plus page.  If you have a non-plus, download from the non-plus page.  Good luck.
2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-27 08:17
I agree with you...I wouldn't install if I were you....I already learned my lesson...DJI has a real ...

I think you missed my point.  I have a plus.  I downloaded from the plus page.  The fc-200 firmware has different published dates on the plus versus the non-plus page even though the camera has the same name.  Different date- different program, just download from the correct page.
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

leehartley2000. Posted at 2015-1-27 08:45
I think you missed my point.  I have a plus.  I downloaded from the plus page.  The fc-200 firmwar ...

Understood Lee.  The problem for non+ owners seems to be that they got moved into the new Vision APP v1.0.46....even the QR code on the correct model page for non+ owners forces this version of the APP...for non+ owners....herein lies the problem.
2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-27 08:10
Lee did you install the new camera upgrade ver. 1.3 onto a FC200 (egg shaped) camera? On the Visio ...

Yes, I see the date shows it is a year old.  If you already have that update, I don;t know what to suggest.  I certainly would not download the plus version.
2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-27 08:49
Understood Lee.  The problem for non+ owners seems to be that they got moved into the new Vision A ...

I never would have guessed DJI could be so sloppy in customer service and upgrades.  I will certainly be very careful before accepting future updates.
2015-1-26
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
United States

hi all

listen the problem here its very clear and easy to fix.. There is a new app update for Vision and vision plus owners. The app requires a firmware update to the camera which you guys released for the vision plus on 1/16/2015 but did not release for the regular Vision. So now everyone with a regular vision who updated the app and try to tilt the camera via the app... The app crashes...  There is nothing wrong with the visions since everything was working fine for everyone before DJI decided to release a half bake job.... Release a new firmware for the vision camera ASAP or bring the old APP back. Plain and simple.
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

You nailed it! Thank you and let's see if DJI responds.
2015-1-26
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
United States

Funny DJI Deleted my post.. Truth hurt.....
2015-1-26
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

ronnydsosa.emai Posted at 2015-1-27 10:58
Funny DJI Deleted my post.. Truth hurt.....

No Ronny you haven't been deleted- quite the opposite in fact! someone has ticked the support box of your post and it is now shuffled to the top of the pile.  I started a post to ask DJI to stop doing this as posts lose sequence and discussions are impossible to follow.  IE if you support this post it will get moved and become meaningless to the discussion! how brilliant is that?
Rod
2015-1-26
Use props
Christopher.ada
New

United States

Just so I'm clear, we still don't have a fix for this, right?
2015-1-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules