o(^-^)o
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

jeremy.johnson1 Posted at 2015-1-31 07:16
Apple iPhone 6+, 8.1.2
Phantom model: V3
Firmware version: 3.10

Jeremy....I think the guys that are flying your model Phantom v.3 have indicated that if you go to the DJI site and under the download page for your model....you will see an upgrade for your camera to ver. 1.3 as the latest...hope this helps....guys like me with the plain Phantom 2 Vision it seems as though the FC-200 (egg shaped cam) latest upgrade should be v. 1.1.9
2015-1-30
Use props
nilsblix.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello
Apple iPhone 6 +, 8.1.3
PV2+ V3
FW 3.10
Vision App 1.0.46
Camera Version 1.3.0g
Extender uppgraded

Works - but lacks the new features - as rear light marking in vision app
In phantom mode you get Ready to flight green light - in naza mode it only says Naza
Do not crash when tilting camera

App crash when obstructing the gimbal or forget to take away the gimbal lock
2015-1-30
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

nilsblix.email Posted at 2015-1-31 08:26
Hello
Apple iPhone 6 +, 8.1.3
PV2+ V3

Nilsblix....great post....clearly shows what firmware/platform you have and others with the same will be able to relate to you.....or others who don't have the same fingerprint can at least share their comments with much more knowledge....hopefully, more of us can do this type of signature post in the future.
Thanks...and fly safe
2015-1-30
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Apple 4S ver. 8.1.3 (12B466)
Phantom 2 Vision
Asst software v. 3.8 controller v. 3.10
Camera v. 1.1.9
Vision APP 1.0.46 (1520)

All working fine...no crashes with camera up/down or picture capture in Jpeg/Raw or motion video.
Deleted all old firmware from computer and phone first.  
Downloaded new firmware and App....
After connect with Phantom...upgrade successful..
Tested inside without props....motors respond....by throttle and shutdown....
Only thing I don't get is a battery report % (numerical) for the Wi-Fi extender.
I did upgrade the Wi-Fi extender from the App too
2015-1-30
Use props
Clampit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149229 ft
United Kingdom

Apple 4S, V  8.1.3. (12B466)
Phantom 2 V (non plus)
Camera V, 1.1.9
Vision App, 1.0.46 (1520)
Main Controller, V3.10
PC Controller, V3.8

Hi all, thought I'd share the above info so our details are all uniform.
Bad news... No flight today, good old British weather, rain followed by snow Followed by rain.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Just keeping you up to date.
2015-1-31
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Clampit Posted at 2015-2-1 02:07
Phantom 2 V (non plus)
Camera V, 1.1.9

Ha!  Stay warm!!
2015-1-31
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Clampit Posted at 2015-2-1 02:07
Phantom 2 V (non plus)
Camera V, 1.1.9

Clampit we have the exact same configuration.  I'm new to this quad flying and I haven't taken mine up for the first time yet....I have practiced flying on a simulator and have a cheapie Syma that I'm toying with.  I'm not in any rush, reading about all these flyaways.

One question....the next time you boot up to the PT2 software let me know what reading you are getting for GPS...my screen reads 6.0.1.3.  I see some have posted here that the latest version is 6.0.1.6 but that may be for Vision+ models...everything seems fine with my bird except the App does not allow us to get the LED readout in Naza M....dumb programming...

and I no longer get a battery % on my wifi extender but I think that is a breakdown of a few lines of code that are no longer reporting....perhaps that will come back again in future upgrades

Apple 4S v 8.1.3
Phantom 2 Vision
Asst. software v. 3.8 controller v.3.10
Camera v. 1.1.9
Vision App v. 1.0.46(1520)
2015-1-31
Use props
Clampit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-2-1 03:03
Clampit we have the exact same configuration.  I'm new to this quad flying and I haven't taken mine ...

Hi steadystickrick,

My GPS version, Hardware ID, 6.1.1.2, firmware version 6.0.1.6 & as you know I have a Vision 2 (non plus)

I'm the same as you with flying, just started out , only 4 flights under my belt with no problems to date. At the moment I'm flying in phantom mode until I get used to the flying then I'll check out the naza mode, can't comment on the led readout on the naza-m mode, need to get a few more hours of flying with the "easy" phantom mode first.
My app does show me the battery % but I've not updated the range extender as of yet.

My app tells me to recalibrate the compass but can't do that until I get my phantom outside, bummer....
2015-1-31
Use props
ruud.olsthoorn1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4409 ft
Netherlands

landy.blacksmai Posted at 2015-1-31 07:00
I just followed ruud.olsthoom1's suggestion -- plugged my quad into the PC and upgraded the firmwa ...

Hi,

Your welcome. I am happy that the update worked. My iPhone 6 plus, had no crashes with the app so far. Today I made a couple of flights and they did ok. Made a lot of pictures and a couple of movies, without problems. Tomorrow I go out again.
To all of you, Happy Flying.

Greetings from Holland,
Ruud
2015-1-31
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Clampit Posted at 2015-2-1 03:48
Hi steadystickrick,

My GPS version, Hardware ID, 6.1.1.2, firmware version 6.0.1.6 & as you know  ...

Hi Clampit,

Your GPS hardware and firmware version seem up to date.

I have a feeling mine is not right...unless my Vision is a much earlier production unit than yours....I'm not getting your readings...I really don't trust this thing...I'll go back to trying to update again....

In the meantime I'm having a blast flying my cheap Syma ($55)....around the house.....no complications...
2015-1-31
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

I to have more time on the SymaX5 than P2V this week....
2015-1-31
Use props
Clampit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Update..

Again unable to fly today, tooooo windy! Took my phantom outside with props off started it up, all ok then I noticed that the fpv screen on my iPhone had locked up, it was still showing me the view indoors where I last tested it, had to soft boot the iPhone. I then upgrade the range extender, all ok.

The only problem I noticed was the battery indicator went from 100% down to 6% then all I got was --  nothing showing. The battery indicator top right of screen was ok, 72% showing when I finished testing. I'm just wondering if I get the low battery alarm now?
Take a look at the screen shot I took.

screenpic.JPG

screenpic.JPG
2015-2-1
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Clampit,
A few posts earlier I noted that my Wi-Fi extender is no longer reporting battery %.
My Vision App screen looks identical to yours.  
Rick
2015-2-1
Use props
Clampit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi steadystickrick,

Oh... Our systems are identical, you must be my twin brother

Another day tomorrow, I'm on annual leave so might get a chance to fly, Mother Nature permitting.
2015-2-1
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Yo Bro...
i think all systems are the same but I think your GPS firmware is reporting 6.0.1.6 whereas I'm showing 6.0.1.3 after updates....that's odd but I got one of those Amazon Christmas inventory dumps where the earlier production models got cleaned off the warehouse shelves..JMHO
Be well.
2015-2-1
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Christopher,
Does all the FW to the last 3.10?
2015-2-1
Use props
Clampit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Took my phantom 2 v ( non plus) out today, 1st flight since the upgrade, all went well, average about 20 minutes in the air. No problems with the phantom/transmitter I even got % on the battery life (top of the fpv screen) I even got the low battery warning alarm which I was pleased with.

The only problem I did experience again was the fpv screen had locked up, it was showing the last filming I'd done & not the current one, soft boot of the iPhone sorted that out!  I don't know if this has something to do with the new firmware update or with the latest iOS update from Apple, who knows!

From my experience today I'm confident to carry on flying, I even fitted the dji lens filter kit & had a play around with a polariser filter, it made a big difference to the pictures I took..
2015-2-2
Use props
ryan.landry.sup
New

United States

Hi all
My vision still crashes when I move camera I have done the upgrade and still no luck need some help thanks
2015-2-4
Use props
Paw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 682224 ft
United States

Hi All - just FYI ....

After the 3.10 update I got a few chances to fly and had very bad problems with delay/lag of the "live view" on my iPhone S4 (IOS 7) after switching on the motors (without running motors I had no delay/lag). To make it more interesting - my iPad 2 (IOS 8) worked fine - but to "bulky" to fly with it :-)

However this morning - I checked for new firmware - seeing that 3.10 suspended.
Installed Firmware 3.8, de-installed and installed iPhone app one more time ... and it seems to work now.
Too windy to fly in Florida  ... hope I can try tomorrow.

Here what I have right now:
        Phantom 2 Vision
        Controller           FW: 3.8
        Apple 4S ver.         7.1.2 (11D257)
        Vision APP            1.0.48 (1677)
        Upgrade Range Extender from App        (no)
2015-2-10
Use props
rmv221
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36699 ft
Canada

DJI FLY APP not working Any fix For IOS. Newest app not working now on my iPad mini Software ver 12.5.7. Do you have a fix?
1-11 16:58
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The Fly app is not compatible with the P2V
1-12 05:06
Use props
rmv221
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36699 ft
Canada

Christopher.ada Posted at 2015-1-27 09:04
Just so I'm clear, we still don't have a fix for this, right?

There was an update for DJI FLY. I downloaded it, crossed my fingers and.........it worked. At least the connection screen.
Thank for all your help!
1-29 17:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules