Blurry Camera Issue firmware 1.6.8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

THe FPV camera is VERY blurry in the DJI Go app and the video that got saved to my phone is VERY blurry as well. However, I transferred the video file from the usb to my computer and I think the quality is good on the computer. I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S7 before I got my Phantom 3 and idk if this has anything to do with the problem but I can't just go out and buy another device that is listed for the Phantom 3. Has anyone solved this issue with the camera or have any suggestions on what I should do?

On a side note I upgraded to this drone from the Parrot Bebop and I the videos that saved to my phone on the Bebop were REALLY good quality.
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're very sorry about the inconvenience caused by us. Your feedback motivates us to improve the quality of our products.

Since the video in the SD card in the drone is fine, it means the camera is working properly. There can be two reasons for the issue, 1. Something wrong with the image transmission process  2. Something wrong in your local device.

Do you have any other devices, iPhone, iPad, any other  Android devices to test?  If any would work, it means the issue is caused by the phone.  Also, please try upgrading the DJI GO app in Google Play,  a new version is released today.

If after you tried different devices and still have the same result, it's the drone's issue, probably the transmitter in drone is broken. I'm sorry to say that you might have to contact support@dji.com and we'll replace/repair it for you. It takes about two weeks.

Again, we're extremely sorry about this unpleasant experience.   
2016-7-5
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-6 15:26
We're very sorry about the inconvenience caused by us. Your feedback motivates us to improve the qua ...

DJI Go App version 2.8.2?
2016-7-6
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I have a gs7 and i have 1.6.8 and works fine infact better than my gs5. Yes the vid is beter on sd of cam but mine is clear while flying un my device
2016-7-6
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-7-6 22:20
I have a gs7 and i have 1.6.8 and works fine infact better than my gs5. Yes the vid is beter on sd o ...

2016-7-6
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-7-6 22:20
I have a gs7 and i have 1.6.8 and works fine infact better than my gs5. Yes the vid is beter on sd o ...

That's crazy because the image on my DJI Go App is all blurry and idk what is wrong.  Any ideas?
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

mitchhines Posted at 2016-7-6 23:09
That's crazy because the image on my DJI Go App is all blurry and idk what is wrong.  Any ideas?

Hi, like I said, it would be very helpful if you could find/borrow another Android/iOS device and try again. Then at least you know whether the fault is with the device or drone.
2016-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The image sent to your phone is a lower resolution copy of the image. It is only intended to allow you to see what you are shooting and frame the shot accordingly. The real copy of the image is on the SD card in the aircraft. You are not intended to use the copy on your phone, use the real one off the SD card. The image sent to the phone has to be lower in resolution, as the radio link is not capable of sending a full resolution copy to your phone.
While the image of the phone is not great, it is not that bad either, unless you have a problem at the device end. It would help if you could take a screenshot off the S7 and post it here in the forum. That way we could look at it and tell you if it is normal or not.

2016-7-6
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-7 10:12
Hi, like I said, it would be very helpful if you could find/borrow another Android/iOS device and  ...

Ok so I tried it with an Ipad and an Iphone six and both of those have the same issue of being really blurry as well so it's not just my Samsung Galaxy S7
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

mitchhines Posted at 2016-7-7 10:51
Ok so I tried it with an Ipad and an Iphone six and both of those have the same issue of being rea ...

Thank you for your response.

In this case, I'm very sorry to say that you may need to return this device for repair/replacement.

Again, I'm very sorry. DJI will keep working and improve its quality control.
2016-7-6
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-7 10:59
Thank you for your response.

In this case, I'm very sorry to say that you may need to return this ...

I'll just bring it back to the store I bought it from and tell them to give me a new one for the SECOND time!
2016-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mitchhines Posted at 2016-7-7 13:10
I'll just bring it back to the store I bought it from and tell them to give me a new one for the SE ...

Hold on a minute, post a screenshot of it first, as I suggested earlier.
2016-7-6
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-7 12:04

How do I post a picture when I click on the picture button it just says Please enter the image address
2016-7-7
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/MlkMlIL
2016-7-7
Use props
mitchhines
lvl.1
United States

Here is a picture
Screenshot.png
2016-7-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Well, that looks pretty much like I would have expected. It is about the same resolution as everyone gets. I would not bother returning your P3S, as the next one will be about the same quality.

Remember, the file on the SD card is what matters, the phone is really just a tool to enable you to compose your shot, it is not intended for critical evaluation of the image. If DJI were to increase the resolution of the image sent to the RC unit, it would create far more issues with the return video link.
2016-7-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"On a side note I'm not very happy with DJI right now I mean how hard can it be to make a properly working device? "
Now that we see your screen image, it seems that there's nothing wrong with it.
Your liveview is 720p.
Your videos and stills saved to  the  card are much higher resolution.
That's just how it is.
2016-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules