Wave in video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

Hi, need some help,

My setting for video is 1080p 24fps and I am getting this wavey effect on the video. Have done IMU and compass calibration .

Will appreciate if anyone can help out on this.

Regards,
KW
2016-7-6
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

An example video would be good.  Search for "jello effect" on the forum.  This can be caused by wrongly having 4 drop pins fitted to the gimbal supports, you only should have two fitted diagonally.
2016-7-6
Use props
jskoczlas
New

United States

I have had the same problem on occasion and I think it is due to the ISO setting on really sunny days.  

Try to run some tests with different filters such as:

1 run on a set course looking at both horizon and ground and then the same run with an ND8 filter and see if there is a difference.  

I am not an expert, or even amateur, in photography but it seems to occur most during sunny days and I think that filters can help.  Not sure if ND4 will help so I would try an ND8 or ND16.  I think that the general idea is to get an ISO down to between 100-200.  I have not tried manually setting the ISO yet but that will prevent the camera from auto adjusting to the varying exposures.   
2016-7-6
Use props
mfojas430
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

I'm thinking that "wave" is the shadow of the props. A lens hood would help.
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello KW, which drone do you use? Could you post a video of this issue here? Thank you.
2016-7-6
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi Paladin, couldn't upload the video here ,

It's for P3A, I checked and the drone only got 2 of the safety pin on the gimbal.

As u can see from the photo, those are not clouds, they are like moving wave on clouds when I record the video.

Any recommendation on what I should do ? Appreciate all help and advice.

Thanks.

image.png
2016-7-6
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi,

Below is the video, u can see the sky will have wave like disturbance, which i dont think it should be there. Any idea if this is camera problem or setting problem ?

Thanks very much for the help. I dont think its Jello effect as it doesnt seem to have vibration on the video

2016-7-7
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-7-6 22:46

It's for P3A, I checked and the drone only got 2 of t ...

I found my filter was loose once and it cleared an issue similar to that.
2016-7-7
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-7-6 22:46

It's for P3A, I checked and the drone only got 2 of t ...

I found my filter was loose once and it cleared an issue similar to that.
2016-7-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-7-8 12:16
Hi,

Below is the video, u can see the sky will have wave like disturbance, which i dont think it sh ...

No, it is not jello effect, and I don't think it is prop shadow either. I think it is the odd effect that occurs when the camera automatically adjusts the color temperature. Try going into settings, switch off auto color temp and lock the color temperature to around 5300 K.
2016-7-7
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

It's seems similar to my problem:

What do you think?
2016-7-7
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

was wondering if its due to 24fps ? if i adjust to 60fps, would it still be like that ?

any idea how u guys solve it ?

Thanks very much
2016-7-8
Use props
stephen.shew-sp
New

Canada

Drone: Phantom Pro 3 - Pro 4K Camera

I too also have this problem - I crashed my drone once when I clipped some leaves from a tree and it went down sideways hitting the concrete from about 7 feet high but surprisingly only the wings were damaged and the camera connection came loose. I reconnected it and they were fine although now I do notice some jitters and wavy video in my shots. Here is a sample video.
What I have done:
- Recaliberated the Gimbal
- Replaced the wings
- No hull or leg damage to the drone (super lucky)

Biggest problems is the jitters and wavy video.

2016-7-8
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

jskoczlas Posted at 2016-7-6 13:20
I have had the same problem on occasion and I think it is due to the ISO setting on really sunny day ...

I think that's the shadows from the propellers that are causing the wave effect.
2016-7-8
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.2

United States

stephen.shew-sp  I had the same issue...just worse. I eventually sent it into DJI for repairs and they replaced the camera assembly..
RB
2016-7-8
Use props
stephen.shew-sp
New

Canada

guns&cameras Posted at 2016-7-8 16:30
stephen.shew-sp  I had the same issue...just worse. I eventually sent it into DJI for repairs and th ...

Ah poops I knew that would be the case. I reviewed other people's videos and thought wait how come mine has so much jitters. Looks like the repair place it will go.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-7-8 10:16
Hi,

Below is the video, u can see the sky will have wave like disturbance, which i dont think it sh ...

To clarify, are you on NTSC or Pal?
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-7-8 14:00
It's seems similar to my problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIzX4o7OrU

The vague lines I see may be due to the exposure settings, have you tried lowering the ISO and shutter speed?
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

stephen.shew-sp Posted at 2016-7-9 02:02
Drone: Phantom Pro 3 - Pro 4K Camera

I too also have this problem - I crashed my drone once when I  ...

Have you checked your 6 and 8-pin connectors on the gimbal for any damage, or did you replace those with the gimbal?
2016-7-8
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-9 05:31
To clarify, are you on NTSC or Pal?

on PAL. thanks
2016-7-9
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-8 23:32
The vague lines I see may be due to the exposure settings, have you tried lowering the ISO and shu ...

I will try. Thank you
2016-7-10
Use props
jskoczlas
New

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-7-8 14:31
I think that's the shadows from the propellers that are causing the wave effect.

it's not prop shadows as I've seen that too and it's not the same.  It's more of the effect that stephen.shew-sp is showing in his video.  Though it's not as bad as his and only shows up on occasion.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

While I do not see the shot as overly sunny, have you tried lowering the exposure sum to see whether the issue persists or use a ND filter. Try checking your 6 and 8-pin connections on your P3 Advance to see whether they are seated properly.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

You're welcome. Please let me know if the issue persists.
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules