1417 23 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dear DJI Ken, Ed, Paladin ... Anybody on DJI payroll ... Would you, please, kindly respond to my question posted yesterday, regarding the safety of recent FW ver. 1.9? Is it safe to fly? Is it de-bugged?
Yours truly,
Matthew Dobrski.

2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are some users out there that are having some difficulties. My Inspire is working fine.
I can say that R&D is working on it and beta testing is being done and new firmware should be out shortly.
2016-7-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

I wouldn't fly with 1.9 unless you don't mind your inspire landing itself with the landing gear up on the camera. Who knows it might balance on just the camera.
2016-7-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hang in there dobmatt.... I am sure they will be getting something soon

Rich
2016-7-6
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>

TIP-If your bird is flying fine....leave it alone.
2016-7-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Hear Hear!!
2016-7-6
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-7 05:00
There are some users out there that are having some difficulties. My Inspire is working fine.
I can  ...

Thank you, Ken. I'll wait patiently for the fix ...
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-7-7 12:34
Thank you, Ken. I'll wait patiently for the fix ...

The new Inspire firmware is out, please update.
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-7 06:36
Hang in there dobmatt.... I am sure they will be getting something soon

Rich

new Inspire firmware is out.
2016-7-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-7 08:47
new Inspire firmware is out.

Hi Ken, updated and re-calibrated. I think I have a problem with my VPS unit. see the photos below and advise....
IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg

PS, it does not matter if the Inspire is sitting on soliid ground or carpet. If I put my hand under the sensor the number will change to 0.0
Thanks

Rich
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-8 00:50
Hi Ken, updated and re-calibrated. I think I have a problem with my VPS unit. see the photos below  ...

If you power off/on you still always show .3ft ?
Take it outside and see how it does. And calibrated I'm sure you mean IMU right?
Mine or any of the ones here did not experience the issue so I can't say how it should be.
2016-7-7
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-7 23:47
The new Inspire firmware is out, please update.

Thank you, Ken. See, if you scream you'll be heard ...
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-7-8 02:47
Thank you, Ken. See, if you scream you'll be heard ...

Seems that way
2016-7-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-7 11:17
If you power off/on you still always show .3ft ?
Take it outside and see how it does. And calibrat ...

Hi Ken,

I mean the VPS is (red -0.3) as seen the on the photo.  The IMU and Compass have been calibrated  same as always after a new FW. It does not matter if you turn the remote on and off or put the Inspire on grass or pavement it reads the same for me. I flew 2 times today over the water and was nevus ... everything was okay but I think it sinks while trying to stay in a hover. So, I am wondering if the VPS unit is bad??

could you shoot me an email offline, I would like to ask you a question please.

Thanks

Rich
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-8 07:55
Hi Ken,

I mean the VPS is (red -0.3) as seen the on the photo.  The IMU and Compass have been cal ...

I think it's fine, mine actually reads .3 also and when I stick my hand under the VPS it will read zero.
Mine even bounced to .7 a few times. I wouldn't worry about it, but I've made a note and screenshots and will bring it up to R&D.
2016-7-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-7 19:56
I think it's fine, mine actually reads .3 also and when I stick my hand under the VPS it will read ...

Thanks Ken, the reason I thought something might be wrong with it, ...is because sometimes in a hover the Inspire will start sinking without any stick movement. I need to give it up stick or it will continue to drop on its own. This has been noticed after I put the landing gear down and then park it into a hover.  Anyway, I will keep my eye on this situation and report back if needed.

Rich
2016-7-7
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Matthew, why dont you try the large font next time to get their attention ...................

Just kidding, I hope they have this resolved with the update, (Henry who is a very good pilot and programmer made a good review of it,)

good luck

Brother donnie
2016-7-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-8 00:50
Hi Ken, updated and re-calibrated. I think I have a problem with my VPS unit. see the photos below  ...

Dear Rich,

Mine gives exactly the same reading. Your VPS reading in Red 0.3 FT was absolutely accurate and correct when the bird was resting on the ground.

Please see my analysis made in a separate reply to your another post Post #320. This reading was accurately reflecting the fact that the VPS sensor was about 4 inches off the ground.

It is my understanding that any VPS reading less than 1 FT (or 1M) will be shown in Red in the DJI GO App to warn flyer that the bird is close to the ground. It does not mean reading of negative figure (i.e. below ground), which is impossible for a VPS sonar sensor to attain such a reading.

It is only when the aircraft flies to such a location (e.g. below a cliff the crest of which is the home point) where the toe of the cliff is far below beyond the VPS sonar sensor's readable distance, then the flight controller of the aircraft will compare the current barometer reading against the barometer reading at home point before the aircraft took off and gives a negative altitude reading of, say -20 FT.

When I hand-raising the bird gradually up from the ground, I saw the reading increasing from Red 0.3, 0.4,...0.9, than change to White 1.0, 1.1, ...... and beyond.

Henry

2016-7-8
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-8 09:55
Hi Ken,

I mean the VPS is (red -0.3) as seen the on the photo.  The IMU and Compass have been cal ...

Hi Rich,

I experienced similar things yesterday and was quite concerned. In the hover, inspire started descending. Arresting this, it then wanted to climb without any stick input. I have had no issues with this to date as GPS hold has been like it was tethered to the ground. I was in an open area with 17 satellites.

The strange thing is that I have not upgraded to new software version due to the similar issues that have been experienced. During one of the flights, I also received an "Ultrasonic Systems Error -Land as soon as possible" message.   

Decided to turn off the vision position system and the next flight the inspire hovered rock solid without issue. I simply am at a loss for words to understand what is going on here especially seeing I have not upgraded to the new version that has caused these issues.It is like my Inspire is going out in sympathy of those with the version 1.9 issues!

Regards Wolf
2016-7-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2016-7-10 04:08
Hi Rich,

I experienced similar things yesterday and was quite concerned. In the hover, inspire st ...

Hi wolf

I don't think it is related to the FW update and could be a separate issue all together. I have re-calibrated everything again and it has gone away. I will be watching this closely and thanks for the VPS tip. I did not think about turning it off in the App.  My Inspire 1 has been great overall and like you say it normally acts like it is tethered. I posted this video of my inspire over the river while my buddy took this slow mo.  The water did not affect it at all and yes the VPS was turned on.

Rich
2016-7-10
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

So far so good! After upgrade to a recent FW (fixed version 1.9.30) I put my I1P thru intensive flying low, high, slow, fast, near and far. Stable as a rock, no bizarre behavior whatsoever. Great job, DJI, now leave it alone, don't touch anything !!! ... I'm going now for long summer expedition into remote places with no complaining neighbors or airports. Hope to be back with plenty to share and with birds alive and kicking ...
2016-7-12
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-7-7 10:07
TIP-If your bird is flying fine....leave it alone.

highly agree! I've made is mistake before...
2016-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-7-12 01:23
So far so good! After upgrade to a recent FW (fixed version 1.9.30) I put my I1P thru intensive flyi ...

Have a safe and awesome time!!

Rich
2016-7-12
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-13 12:21
Have a safe and awesome time!!

Rich

Thank you, brother ...