DJI chat says goggles or FPV monitors can't be used with the 2nd controller?
3371 17 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I just placed an order for a Fatshark goggle only to find out from the DJI 24 hour chat rep that those can't be used with the second "Slave" controller.  In fact, the rep says only Android and IOS devices only.  No goggles, no monitors.  The representative says that I'll need two Android/IOS devices to operate both the Master and Slave controllers.  I'm puzzled because first, I thought the Slave controller is more lenient when it comes to monitor types.  Second, I'm pretty sure IOS devices aren't supported for the time being.  I'm wondering how accurate the chat rep's info really is as I only have one Android device and a goggle coming in soon.  
2015-1-24
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

that sounds right from what i have heard.
2015-1-24
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will need two devices if you want full control. But the 2nd controller can ouput to hdmi as well.
2015-1-24
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

So if I am understanding this correctly, I can still use the goggle via HDMI on the second controller solely as a viewing screen?  The only control that I need from the slave is camera tilt, pan, and record.  I assume this can be done jus using the slave transmitter's control without a second Android attached.  Perhaps I can still get away with not having to use a second Android tablet/cell on the slave if all I need is camera control.  

For some reason I have always gotten the impression I can use an FPV monitor or goggle on the slave controller for viewing and filming purposes.  I chatted with 2 different DJI chat support and both said that that's not the case.  
2015-1-24
Use props
platypus4.email
lvl.1
United States

can I use the hdmi on the master controller for video out?
2015-1-24
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrostyThe2nd Posted at 2015-1-25 01:03
So if I am understanding this correctly, I can still use the goggle via HDMI on the second controlle ...

Correct, you can still control basic functions. I even have a custom stick assignment set on the cam tx and it still holds that information.

So just to be clear, yes you can have only HDMI output and still have basic control functionality over the camera. No 2nd smart device is required.
2015-1-24
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

platypus4.email Posted at 2015-1-25 01:25
can I use the hdmi on the master controller for video out?

Yes but you will have only basic telemetry function and no advance options. I strongly advise to at least connect a smartphone up so you can have all functions available to the pilot. You can still connect to an HDMI monitor, run as dual. Run the phone in map mode and use the monitor for video.
2015-1-24
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

That's great information and a relief to know.  Now I won't have to cancel the order for my goggles.  I'm glad to know I can chat with someone with first hand experience on here.  Thank you
2015-1-24
Use props
platypus4.minds
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Blade strike
2015-2-1
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

So no way to use the goggles for FPV? Surly this is possible somehow to use a HDMI to analog converter? On chat they tell me the video feed is also 2.4GHz?  Also I am told I cant bind it to my Futaba either?  These points as well I cant use my GoPro 4 and the more I read about the limitations the more I feel the over 3K price is not justified.
I suppose will just have to wait it out to see how people manage to hack it to be more user friendly
2015-2-1
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

jcampen Posted at 2015-2-2 09:13
So no way to use the goggles for FPV? Surly this is possible somehow to use a HDMI to analog convert ...

I'm pretty sure the goggles are possible.  I really don't know why is it that all three reps in the chat support says goggles can't be used on the slave remote.  Blade_Strike on this forum says you can as well as others I've come across.  I'm still waiting for my FatShark to be delivered to test, but it should work out.  Although be dealer says the Epson Moverios won't work, however.

I'm not sure about binding Futabas with the Inspire.  
2015-2-1
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

they dont work,

Have a new set of fat shark v2 googles and plug into the hdmi of the master TX to the micro hdmi on the goggle and nothing at all blank screen been thru about everything and no video.
Then I hook the TX up to a monitor and all is good.
2015-2-1
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-2 15:17
Have a new set of fat shark v2 googles and plug into the hdmi of the master TX to the micro hdmi on  ...

That's really unfortunate to hear.  It's good to know, but I don't understand why.  I heard the Cinemizers work, but why can't the FatShark and Moverios?  Maybe I should cancel my order?
2015-2-1
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have a new set of fat shark v2 googles and plug into the hdmi of the master TX to the micro hdmi on  ...

Did you enable dual output in the settings?  It's disabled by default
2015-2-2
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

2015-2-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

So you plug in the Goggles to the masters controller HDMI port , set the masters HDMI switch to on , leave the goggles little receiver switch on the underside of the goggles off as you only turn it on for an installed reciever module .... But then you say it works on a flat screen hd TV with an HDMI input ?
Hmmmm .. Maybe speak to some one at ReadyMade RC , or GetFPV , they sell Fatshark and both outfits have a decent product knowledge and reputation .
2015-2-2
Use props
jcampen
lvl.1

Malaysia

TravisSRT Posted at 2015-2-3 04:26

did this work for anyone for the goggles?
2015-2-6
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Ty guys I did find out the goggles were defective I couldn't toggle the menu or even format the SD card. When it would freeze up in menu mode I  would pull power and the menu would be burnt into the screen ...I may give this another shot via all the good input you all provided here ! TY!

I bought a nice little monitor works very nice !
I can see Sat count now )
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules