Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI VISION v1.0.60 IS OUT!!
12Next >
5781 40 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozione
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126857 ft
Italy

joop!here's mine downloading. i'll go and test ASAP!
hope it works.

will report in minutes.

v1.0.60 app

v1.0.60 app
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

no changes at my side. still no picture. are there any special troubleshooting steps to be performed?
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ozione, can your drone take a picture or record a video without the live feed?
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

yes, it can capture either video or still pciture. i can also operate gimbal (vertical axis). but no live picture.
drone has all the updates, including cam firmware to latest available 1.3.0g. what else can I try?
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 16:51
yes, it can capture either video or still pciture. i can also operate gimbal (vertical axis). but no ...

Could you post screenshots of the camera view and the About page?
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

here, all relevant screenshots i believe.

no video feed; vertical movement okay

no video feed; vertical movement okay
IMG_4577.PNG
IMG_4578.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 17:20
here, all relevant screenshots i believe.

Thanks for your response. Please try to re-bind your phantom and your extender: 01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG
If it doesn't help, please get in touch with our Europe tech support and send it in for fixing:
联系欧洲.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

thanks, ill try. however, i have a new problem now. my old QR code is not valid anymore because complete gimbal was once replaced by your warranty service. i have a serial though (the only sticker on the camera).
can you push and forward it so i can get a new QR code? now that you're familiar with everything and we can try if this works asap.

here's the code:
BL300938519265 IMG_4579.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 18:03
thanks, ill try. however, i have a new problem now. my old QR code is not valid anymore because comp ...

Sorry, could you find the MAC address beginning with 60601F on the drone? If you cannot find that, you can leave your drone's (not the gimbal's) serial number here. I'll try my best.
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

SN of the drone:
PH645192218 (v2.0 CE)
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Please try this QR code. If it doesn't help, please send it in for fixing
04.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

no, it does not work. but please, explain something.
this QR code is the same as the one I have it sticked on my drone.

IF the gimbal and camera were replaced - does this affects the original SSID and MAC or not?
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

well... i have tried just about anything. it does not work for me at all... never mind the QR code and new camera system. i have figured it out how this works now so, this is all good.
the symptom of "no live feed" is still present. i have to say i am hugely disappointed and I expect that someone from DJI get in touch with me and offer me a nice discount for a new drone!

before i change my mind...
2016-7-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 06:17
well... i have tried just about anything. it does not work for me at all... never mind the QR code a ...

Ozione,
Is it possible that in replacing the gimbal there is a loose connection to the camera, possibly a faulty cable?
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

Northofthe49th: it is possible sure. we have three cables going in from the drone; any diagram for those cables? which cable for which signal?
what about your situation? fixed with the new app?
2016-7-7
Use props
csd80388
New

United States

I was just told I have to send in my drone to get the issue fixed and may cost me.
2016-7-7
Use props
adamcb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171030 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-7 05:40
Please try this QR code. If it doesn't help, please send it in for fixing

Paladin,

I am also still having the no live feed on my Phantom 2V as well, after downloading the new app. I tried re-binding and all of the suggestions here.

Please advise. Thank you.
EDIT: Just to add some insight - I am able to take pictures/video as well as move the gimbal, but no live feed. Running firmware 3.14.
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-7-7 17:59
Ozione,
Is it possible that in replacing the gimbal there is a loose connection to the camera, pos ...

nah, can't be cables. I remembered it was working fine just after replacing gimbal, this was my first test. that was months ago but I haven't used my drone much since than and I got confused with all these issues...

i'm sure DJI's software caused crap on my end. haven't really decided about it yet - on what to do...
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

csd80388@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-7 19:13
I was just told I have to send in my drone to get the issue fixed and may cost me.

I'll probably send it in and see what happens. from my experiences, it is wise to add as much references to RMA as possible. at least that way nobody can't say they didn't know or that you have to prove something more. I'll report back once I get it back but it will be weeks from now.

i sure hope others will have more luck.
2016-7-7
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

Tried 1.0.060 and still can't connect.  I believe the 1.0.48 changed the code in the RE700 and this needs to be fixed.  This is starting to really aggravate me!!!!!!!!!
2016-7-7
Use props
Hover
New

United States

Upgraded to 1.0.060, no change in video connection. Rebound the camera, no change. Can still control the camera and shoot pictures and video but no connection. Don't think I will buy DJI products again, very disappointed.
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

aha! this means their fix is.... worthless! anyone else??
2016-7-7
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
United States

Don't waste your time, it didn't work.  I believe the DJI Vision app 1.0.48 made a code change to the RE700.  This revised app is giving the same results.   No connectivity.  They need to send a code correction along with another IOS/Android app.   That's the only way to communicate firmware to the RE700.   I bought a couple of untouched RE700's off EBay and try to find app 1.0.48 in ITunes, if I have an old image, and stick with that.  This crap is setting my workload way back.
2016-7-7
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
United States

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 15:01
aha! this means their fix is.... worthless! anyone else??

Worthless is right!   I wrote to the support group in China and copied the US support group.  I believe the 1.0.48 app pushed a firmware change to the RE700.   the code in the RE700 has to be repaired, not the DJI Vision app!!!   They have to include a firmware change to a revised Vision app, that's the only way to communicate with the RE700.   If there's no resolution in the next couple days, I going with another drone manufacturer for my business.
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

janj3@optonline Posted at 2016-7-7 21:17
Worthless is right!   I wrote to the support group in China and copied the US support group.  I be ...

excellent. +1
2016-7-7
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

what still bothers me though is the "wifi module failure" described elsewhere... i'm reading on how to test if wifi module went dead;
- you need to connect to phantom wlan and than ping 3 IP addresses
- 192.168.1.1 = range extender
- 192.168.1.2 = upper wifi module
- 192.168.1.10 = lower wifi module

majority of users are reporting that they don't receive ping back from lower wifi module (192.168.1.10) and that this means wifi module is dead, end of story.
they also say that "range extender" update is responsible for this defect.

however, my lower wifi module is good. i can ping all 3 IP address and seems cool. so... what!?
2016-7-7
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
United States

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 16:19
what still bothers me though is the "wifi module failure" described elsewhere... i'm reading on how  ...

It has to be the firmware they pushed down to the RE700.  That's the only chnage that was made with their Vision App update.   I'll know Monday, I bought a couple of RE700's off EBay, and I'm trying to get a copy of DJI Vision 1.0.48 which worked fine.
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

adamcb@aol.com Posted at 2016-7-8 01:32
Paladin,

I am also still having the no live feed on my Phantom 2V as well, after downloading the n ...

Please get in touch with our US tech support and send it in for diagnosis. Here is the contact information: 北美地址.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ozione Posted at 2016-7-7 21:17
well... i have tried just about anything. it does not work for me at all... never mind the QR code a ...

I'm sorry. Please get in touch with our service center and send it in for diagnosis.
2016-7-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

janj3@optonline Posted at 2016-7-7 12:10
Don't waste your time, it didn't work.  I believe the DJI Vision app 1.0.48 made a code change to th ...

janj3@optonline Posted at 2016-7-7 12:17
Worthless is right!   I wrote to the support group in China and copied the US support group.  I be ...

To be very clear, 1.0.48  was not the culprit, it was a version upgrade after 1.0.48 that did the screw up to your RE's. I still have 1.0.48 on an iPhone that I have been using with the Phantom since 1.0.48 came out that is fine and never has it tried to push anything or upgrade my RE. I have been using it for at least a year or near a year without issues. With many of the other  past botched firmware updates by DJI I simply chose not to update past 1.0.48 and no issues, I have auto updates on my phone turned off etc...and there were five updates between the 1.0.48 and the new 1.0.6 and one of which caused this debacle (which I believe based on the attached image is 1.0.56 as it states "support range extender upgrade"), now 1.06 is out and many that had the iOS auto updates turned on had the botched firmware update pushed to their RC's, sorry but I think you are screwed and will have to send them in for repair unless DJI takes it on your word and they simply send you out a new/repaired one. Unfortunately, DJI are very unresponsive and not proactive in any way, always waiting till Shite hits the fan and then run and hide.

With your RE already fried/locked up so to speak, it is likely the new 1.0.6 will simply be a safe haven for those that did not update past 1.0.48. I will test this tomorrow or Saturday with another iPhone and my back up RC with RE which is a known working pair with 1.0.48. I will install 1.0.6 on my second iphone and  go for a flight and see what happens, if it flies and does not try to push anything to my RE, no problem, if it does, no problem as I still have my other phone with 1.0.48 and another RC with RE with a long range antenna that works great also.

I had lost my original I Phone back up and was simply trying to get another copy of 1.0.48 for my second iPhone that I wanted to use exclusively for the Phantom, as it turns out I did get a copy from someone on here but an internal code in the apple ipa does not permit me to use it on my phone with my iTunes account as it is locked to another's iTunes account.

In short, of your RE is already fried and unless the new 1.0.6 tries to push a new update to your "fried"  RE and is successful then  you are hooped and will have to phone DJI to get it repaired.
Sorry for the troubles but this is on DJI. I really wish they would take ownership of their problems, so many are frustrated and if not looked after I too would be looking elsewhere for my next drone.
image.jpeg
2016-7-7
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

Well.... this all is not a surprise to me. To be clear on the No Live Feed issue, I can confirm that this is on both Android and Apple... so anyone that has only Apple stuff and is thinking about trying Android and has to spend money to do it, don't.... you will be just as disappointed and out even more hard earned cash. As posted in a different thread, here is what I have below. Since that post I have met one other person that is having all the same problems.

Posted on: "Wi-fi range extender - bricked post Android update - Phantom 2 V+"

Hardluck2go The last update I did was before DJI set limits for airports and height.
1. Aircraft model: Phantom Vision 2
2. Aircraft firmware v1.19
3. Mobile device model Android Galaxy s5, Ipad 2, Iphone 5s
4. Mobile device OS version All Current
5. Vision app version Forced DJI Android 1.0.61, iPad iphone 1.0.42
Your info will be escalated to our P2 R&D to figure out the best solution for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Thank you!

The two Phantoms 2 Visions (My dads and Brother) were updated to the first firmware version that set limits for airports and height. Both use Android devices Phones and pads (Samsung and iPhones}. If I can get more info I will post it. It just is way to strange that all of us had the same problem when the app updated and at the same time. All were on Android when this happened or should I say when we were forced to update it or noticed it.

I have all apps set as non auto update, but for some reason this went through. All three of us are scared to do any updates or even run any Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software. (We are all iMac). I have spent countless hours looking for a fix. Mine has never crashed or even been dropped and is treated as a new born!

DJI YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PROBLEM. There are countless people with the very same problem. I won't speak for others but I'm not wealthy and looking at how I spent my hard earned cash that is now no fun without live video makes me think twice about DJI. Hope this helps.   

End of Post.

I honestly think DJI damaged something in our hardware from the forced app in both Apple and Android. We are all in this together and must keep spreading the word about this issue. Others that are having the same issue may not know it was cased by an update and are forking cash out to fix it.

Time will tell.
2016-7-8
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

DJI I'm sorry you screwed up. Please get in touch with your customers and send new parts to us for diagnosis!

You have all our information and I would guess way more that we know about. So simply send us the replacement parts you messed up with a return prepaid label and I will send you the bad parts back. Not hard to do is it??????
2016-7-8
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

This is the Asian way of doing business... Sorry to say so and I may sound rude but in Europe we don't allow such fiascos to happen, even less in the States.
I've also run out of good will and all these DIY fixes IF we're not responsible for an error.
2016-7-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-8 05:29
DJI I'm sorry you screwed up. Please get in touch with your customers and send new parts to us for d ...

Agreed!
At this point it is a mute point if your RE is fragged!,
Without a firmware push to the RE or replacement RE an iOS or Android device make no difference if RE already fragged.
For what it is worth, I believe the Android users (some that upgraded earlier in the year) had the same issue...http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41364 and scary enough DJI are at the same iOS version number 1.0.60 with their claimed fix (which does not fix) that was the Android version number that crapped some of  the Android users RE's...WOW! Some serious genius on the other side of the pond...
At least DJI made sure they left no one out when they fubarred the firmware push to the RE's...so everyone had a fair chance at being buggered!

This is so not funny and so DJI...
2016-7-8
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
United States

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-8 08:20
Well.... this all is not a surprise to me. To be clear on the No Live Feed issue, I can confirm that ...

I spoke with DJI support in the US.   The support guy said this is the first he's heard of the RE700 firmware update and bricking.  He advised me to send an email to DJI in China.  Here's the response I received.....................guaranteed if I send it in I'll have to pay for a repair that THEY caused.  

Blair.Tang (DJI)
Jul 8, 15:13 HKT
Dear Jan,
Thanks for contacting DJI China Technical Support Center.
After the binding, it still says phantom connection fails on the dji vision app, am i right?
Our NA Support Center covers the after-sale (crash/ repair/ refund and etc.) in North America and your case may be concerned with a repair service, which should be handled by our NA Support Center. We suggest you contact our NA Support Team directly for a prompt reply and fast help.
The contact information of NA team is also attached below for your reference.
Online support: http://www.dji.com/support (Click the icon on the right, it is the most effective way)
NA Team email address: support.us@dji.com
NA Team phone number: +1 (818) 235 0789
*Work hours for the NA Team is: Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
Sorry for the inconvenience caused accordingly and your understanding is highly appreciated.
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards
DJI Technical Support
Website  http://www.dji.com/support
DJI – The Future of Possible
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
2016-7-8
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

"Sorry for the inconvenience caused accordingly and your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for choosing DJI."  What a bunch of rubbish!

You know what DJI, just fix what you did! At this point I will not trust anything you say. You have to now earn our trust if you even care any more.

All we can do is make sure EVERYONE knows what DJI has done and the lack of support offered. I have already begun to post on Facebook, Twitter, and tell anyone that I know. Youtube is next. I hope someone at DJI cares enough to make a change, but that is wishful thinking. At the end of the day we are just a pice of trash to them. Love how the words are always "That is the first we have heard of that!"

{:4_154:}{:4_154:}{:4_154:}

2016-7-8
Use props
tocagle
New

United States

I didn't buy my DJI drone to become a hardware / software expert.
2016-7-11
Use props
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

My App says the version on mine S5 phone is 1.0.61  Is this the latest version, NOT 1.0.60?
2016-9-20
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-7 19:54
I'm sorry. Please get in touch with our service center and send it in for diagnosis.

Very Unfortunate that DJI is not taking ownership of the Corrupt software that is taking the wifi module out.
After This update everyone appears to be experiencing the exact same problem and the best advice you can give is to send it in for a $210CDN repair for a new wifi module.
Not impressed.
2016-10-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Silence from the peeps at DJI and this post originated back in July. The customer Service and care needs to get better it is unacceptable for the lack of response or further yet the lack of ownership that clearly somewhere within the latest upgrade caused so many people problems.
I had no choice but to spend $210 to get my Phantom vision plus repaired by DJI to avoid it being a complete paper weight.
i Just hope that i do not see this kind of lack of support with my Phantom 4 my Osmo and soon to receive Mavic Pro. Overall very dissapointing.
2016-10-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules