Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard Bracket
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lilewis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7641 ft

I have a DJI P3S but have trouble seeing the Iphone 6S+ screen in full sunlight, even when it's display is set to max.  As a result, I'm not flying very much.

I bought the Hoodman Aviator Hood Kit and it works great.  With it, I can see the screen clearly but the P3S bracket attached to the remote (single plastic arm with the ball and clamp) isn't rigid enough to stop the Hoodman from swaying left/right a bit more than I think is comfortable.   I have the feeling that on a windy day or if I turn too fast, the whole thing will wobble too much an break off during a flight dropping the phone with it.

I tried using velcro to make it more rigid but it didn't work.

I need a reccomendation for a replacement bracket that would be more rigid with the added weight of the Hoodman.  Has anyone here been in the same boat and found a decent bracket at a reasonable price?

2016-7-7
Use props
foxy-stoat
lvl.2

United Kingdom

After buying the metal upgraded bracket I ended up buying a bracket from a Advanced/Professional controller and fitted that.  Best mod you will do to the standard controller.  Buy an alloy one and your good to go - just make sure you get the bolt and screw.
2016-7-7
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2

Foxy-stoat,  can you please supply a link?
2016-7-7
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

yelling.gif
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can do an internet search for details on what others have done.
I have seen some modifications BUT the RC warranty would be voided if any obvious modification was done on the RC.
2016-7-7
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2

Sorry 'bout that.  This was my 1st post here and I thought I had to pick a font/size and picked the wrong one.  Fixed now.
2016-7-8
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-8 04:30
You can do an internet search for details on what others have done.
I have seen some modifications B ...

I just ordered this:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/262491213685
And am waiting for a confirmation that the square jellyfish will grip the Iphone 6S+ securely in a horizontal position. If so, I will order that as well.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

lilewis Posted at 2016-7-8 20:21
And am waiting for a confirmation that t ...

Looks good, if the weight of the tablet ever broke the front of the RC where the mount is then it wouldn't be covered. That part of the RC was not meant to carry a lot of weight. Just be careful.
2016-7-8
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-8 22:26
Looks good, if the weight of the tablet ever broke the front of the RC where the mount is then it  ...

Ok  Thanks  :-)
2016-7-8
Use props
bradleybowers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 643360 ft
United Kingdom

lilewis Posted at 2016-7-8 13:21
And am waiting for a confirmation that t ...

I've got this on mine, Had no problems with it. However, It is a bit fiddly to install, and you wont be able to put the Rc in the DJI bag with this attached.

Also, Don't worry about weight, as I've had a full sized iPad attached to mine, With no problems.
2016-7-8
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2

bradleybowers Posted at 2016-7-9 02:19
I've got this on mine, Had no problems with it. However, It is a bit fiddly to install, and you wo ...

I intend to attach the Hoodman Aviator Kit to the phone. It extends about 1 foot towards me - to reduce sun glare on the screen.  The Hoodman isn't heavy but it makes the plastic DJI remote arm swing laterally too much for my liking.
2016-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules