First Flight - Matrice - 600 just fell over!
940 2 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyPod.nyc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170151 ft
United States

Set it up in a grassy field. Did all of the calibration.  Confirmed all was well. Checked satellites. Gave it the take off command from the app. Props started. Lifted and inch or so. One landing gear came up first and it toppled over! I cut the motors. Now it was stuck with the landing gears up. Turned it all off and hoped for the best. Turned it on and thankfully the landing gear deployed. Took deep breath and tried it all over again. This time joy. Flew low and slow.
DJI, any idea why something like that would happen? Sorry I didn't film it. I did film the next attempt but all was well on that flight. Also very glad that I had a problem with the X5 Gimbal install or it would have been connected and good-by to the camera.

2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, were you just hovering at an inch or so or were you still applying throttle commands? Is the unit up to date with the latest firmware?
2016-7-7
Use props
SkyPod.nyc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170151 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-7 14:00
To clarify, were you just hovering at an inch or so or were you still applying throttle commands? Is ...

Yes, all the latest updates. I never had a chance to touch the flight controls other than engaging the auto lift off in the DJI app. It happened pretty quickly. Props began and it looked as if it were going to fly, then it started to lift off and then the landing gear immediately stowed and the aircraft tipped over, still running. I engaged an emergency shut off. As I recall one landing gear went up before the other. it was no more than a few inches, measured from the bottom of the lowered landing gear, above the ground. I flew several times afterwards and no problem. I also have an Inspre so I'm familiar with how the aircraft hovers then stows the landing gear.
2016-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules