27456 118 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 03:58
If you are talking about flying in authorization zones then you do that through the website or on  ...

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Nfbarreto@gmail Posted at 2016-7-29 20:16
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

No problem at all, have a great weekend.
2016-7-29
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-7-26 22:14
Also, if I wanted to fly near an airport WITHOUT a tower, how the heck do I get a permission?

Rea ...

So much of a process. We need a better way
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WillBapta Posted at 2016-8-2 00:27
So much of a process. We need a better way

You think that's a process, wait until you you do this for profit and have to comply with Part 107 requirements.
I've had a 333 exemption for over a year and just to do one flight is more work than than this process.
2016-8-1
Use props
willing2
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-28 14:58
If you are talking about flying in authorization zones then you do that through the website or on  ...

Hi Ken, did that. Up in Canada here. Just tonight I sent in all the authorizations, signatures and info required. (I got the p3a for Christmas...) I am approved by Transport Canada! I can fly in red zones! Ya, it takes a bit but I'm patient. Airport people were great, set me up with everything required. Even got my radio license and a radio to boot. I can't possibly be any more legal or moral!!

Do YOU have any idea how long it takes to get cleared by "flysafe@dji.com" ?? Is it a download or something?
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

willing2 Posted at 2016-8-3 10:17
Hi Ken, did that. Up in Canada here. Just tonight I sent in all the authorizations, signatures and ...

That's great, sounds like you were very professional with airport authorities, that goes a long way.
It should only take a few business days for FlySafe to get back to you with instructions for a different GO app that you will use.
2016-8-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I just unlocked a zone, a yellow zone around the airport. It told me I cannot unlock red zone via the web.....

So 2 questions -

1. how do I see that the zone was unlocked? I do not see any email, or anything under my account. No indication if it was successful or anything like that.

2. not that I need to right now, but how would I unlock a red zone, that the website tells me it cannot be unlocked?

FCMuni.JPG
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-8-4 01:35
I just unlocked a zone, a yellow zone around the airport. It told me I cannot unlock red zone via th ...

Your DJI account page will tell you the zones you have unlocked.
Can you post screenshots of your home account page?I was able to just create one.
From your DJI account page, scroll down to "My Unlocking Plans"
Capture.JPG
2016-8-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-3 11:38
Your DJI account page will tell you the zones you have unlocked.
Can you post screenshots of your h ...

DJI_Ken, that is correct! Thx! It does show I am unlocked.
I do assume though it DID unlock only the yellow area, not the red area? Or do I have it all, and the legality of flying is left onto my following the rules?
dji-unlocked.JPG
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-8-4 10:26
DJI_Ken, that is correct! Thx! It does show I am unlocked.
I do assume though it DID unlock only th ...

Yes, you can only self unlock the yellow zones and not the red ones. Those are the ones that DJI has to give you the other GO app to use after approval.
And to get to the the screenshot you posted, you had to confirm and accept all the terms, so yes all liability in in your hands now.
2016-8-4
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

OK, thx for explaining! So even if I ever did get an actual permission to fly in RED zone, I will have to contact DJI and get the app - good to know. At this point I am only interested in yellow area and am in touch with the airport.. They actually had a webform to fill out! Sort of cool!
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantomski Posted at 2016-8-5 12:26
OK, thx for explaining! So even if I ever did get an actual permission to fly in RED zone, I will ha ...

Yes, DJI would have to unlock a Red zone and proof is required that you have permission to fly there.
2016-8-4
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Well, I am impressed with the amount of logic and process you guys put into this. Seems like a pretty good way of doing things overall!
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantomski Posted at 2016-8-5 13:10
Well, I am impressed with the amount of logic and process you guys put into this. Seems like a prett ...

It's a work in progress and it will keep evolving and get better and better as time goes on.
2016-8-5
Use props
hyrama5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft
United Kingdom

Mallettron Posted at 2016-7-8 19:50
In the UK people can use this, more upto date complying with CAP393

http://www.noflydrones.co.uk/

I live near Steeple ashton ,wilts and it shows red but small planes fly through it all the time at least 20-30 a day also if they cut out GPS what happens to people in their cars with GPS onboard> I'm not to sure if it's true, plus on the DJI nfz map there's nothing there ????
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hyrama5@hotmail Posted at 2016-8-16 05:44
I live near Steeple ashton ,wilts and it shows red but small planes fly through it all the time at  ...

The link you made a reply to is an app that assists UAV users to notify where they should and should not fly.
It has nothing to do with turning off the GPS system so a GPS in a vehicle has nothing to do with a GPS in an UAV.
2016-8-18
Use props
maes1508
New

I have a problem with the following: dji no fly zone unlock app does not support intelligence navigation mode, example drone deploy, pix4d app doesn't work.

2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

maes1508 Posted at 2016-8-19 22:49
I have a problem with the following: dji no fly zone unlock app does not support intelligence naviga ...

The unlock works with the GO app so you need to be using that.
You can send an email to FlySafe@dji.com and inquire about using a 3rd party app while being in an unlocked zone. I wouldn't think it's possible since the GO app needs to be running but see what they say.
2016-8-19
Use props
willing2
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Ken

Just wondering if you knew when they would be releasing the android app for approved red zones.  One of your guys said they only had for "I"stuff.  
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

willing2 Posted at 2016-8-24 07:58
Hi Ken

Just wondering if you knew when they would be releasing the android app for approved red zon ...

I just inquired about it for you and will have an answer by tomorrow.
2016-8-24
Use props
nagoyamex
lvl.1

Japan

Terrible,  Ingit. A blur windowless obstructing my fly whit shine sun.
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

willing2 Posted at 2016-8-24 07:58
Hi Ken

Just wondering if you knew when they would be releasing the android app for approved red zon ...

They said currently the DJI GO Unlimited app is only for IOS and do not know if or when it will make it to Android.
2016-8-25
Use props
willing2
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-25 09:12
They said currently the DJI GO Unlimited app is only for IOS and do not know if or when it will ma ...

Not sure why there is no interest in Android. It is the standard.... ! I have been very patient since Christmas last year. Hoops to jump through for SAFETY, no problem. Took 6 months to get my Canadian CERTIFICATION. Radio license, radio, contacts in the industry. Signed YOUR documents, Canadian government documents, Manitoba government documents.

Now to be Stopped 1 (one) step away from actually being able to fly MY (our) drone on my property is.... frustrating.

I'm aware it is NOT your fault. Your just a guy doing your job. And from what I've seen on this forum... it's been tough. Some people.....

Not much I can do either. If I could write the program... I would. Really have NO interest in Ios. Just the principal of it.

(an article)...:
Between February 2015 and February 2016 iOS shed 3.2 percentage points, according to Kantar.

Meanwhile, over the same period, Android increased its share of sales in China by almost the same amount — gaining 3.4 percentage points to take a 76.4 per cent share of the market vs 73 per cent in the year ago period.

Who would I have to talk to to get the Android app moving??
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

willing2 Posted at 2016-8-30 20:31
Not sure why there is no interest in Android. It is the standard.... ! I have been very patient si ...

I am sorry there is no Android version and I don't know what the plans are to have one or not.
You can email FlySafe@dji.com and they can answer your questions.
2016-8-30
Use props
jklingbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27205 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-11 10:35
They are all listed here, http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
In the app, power up the aircr ...

Should I be using the B4Ufly app? or should I go by the map located at http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

One says I can fly at my house, the other, says I need to call control tower and get permission?
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jklingbe Posted at 2016-9-1 03:04
Should I be using the B4Ufly app? or should I go by the map located at http://www.dji.com/flysafe/ ...

If the DJI page shows it as a yellow authorization zone then you are free to fly by unlocking it.
By unlocking, you have to go through a bunch of terms and conditions that basically says you are permitted and have contacted and been approved to be there.
Basically, DJI is not policing you and putting the responsibility in your own hands and by self authorizing  you are admitting that you have complied with all the terms and you have to tap the agree icon.
2016-8-31
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

First of all i think dji needs to fix all those problems with the standard and dji go where signals cut out.
why have this safety if our drones can be safe to fly when all these issues is ther.
i hope that they will fix this with new updates soon as i have a bird who wont fly safe

Rene Jensen
Denmark
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-10 14:26
First of all i think dji needs to fix all those problems with the standard and dji go where signals  ...

DJI has no plans for Standard firmware, if your Standard has range issues and you've gone though all the troubleshooting steps then please contact support and send it in for repair.
Lots of people keep complaining for months and nothing is going to happen.
And then lots of people who complained, then sent their aircraft in and they are now happy.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, that's currently the only way to resolve it.
2016-9-10
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

So lots of us have defective aircraft?

:/
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-9-14 13:33
So lots of us have defective aircraft?

:/

As I've already said, if you have range issues that cannot be resolved with all the suggestions I've posted then please contact support and send it in to be repaired.
2016-9-14
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

willing2 Posted at 2016-8-30 08:31
Not sure why there is no interest in Android. It is the standard.... ! I have been very patient si ...

Remember Apple and DJI partnered last year when the P4 came out. My guess is that that's where the "not for android" problem lies.
2016-9-22
Use props
towheaded-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just noticed a new link called "Individual Unlocking'. When I click it, says: Service Unavailable. Sorry this service is not available in your area. I was wondering what would this unlock??

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

towheaded-pilot Posted at 2016-9-27 12:22
I just noticed a new link called "Individual Unlocking'. When I click it, says: Service Unavailable. ...

Can you post a screenshot, You are in the US as well as I and I see the whole form and the submit button at the bottom.
Capture.JPG
2016-9-27
Use props
cookedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621194 ft
United States

There are airports in my area that have class G, uncontrolled marked as Restricted, and an Authorization zone in yellow around it.  One example in north central  Ohio is Galion airport GQQ, which is in uncontrolled airspace.  It is marked Restricted.  I have my part 107 and am also a private pilot.  I checked the airspace around out area on the Detroit sectional, and Galion is class G up to 700 AGL, then it becomes class E.
2016-9-30
Use props
g.w.overmars
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401985 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I found out today that I am in an advanced warning area in teh Netherlands (seems almost the whole country is). When I check the boxes it pops up after a couple of seconds again. Is that normal?
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

g.w.overmars Posted at 2016-10-22 22:15
Hi, I found out today that I am in an advanced warning area in teh Netherlands (seems almost the who ...

It should only do it once, but powereing down and back up it my. if you turn off GEO are you fine ?
2016-10-22
Use props
Ralphhuttonthom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Hello Ken
I have unlocked a Yellow Zone online for the flight tomorrow. How can I tell that my Go App knows this is unlocked please? I cant see my unlocked zone noted anywhere in the Go App.

Also, I'd like to use Autoflight Autopilot, is it still no possible to use a third party App in a Yellow Zone?

Many thanks in anticipation
Ralph
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ralphhuttonthom Posted at 2017-5-22 06:03
Hello Ken
I have unlocked a Yellow Zone online for the flight tomorrow. How can I tell that my Go App knows this is unlocked please? I cant see my unlocked zone noted anywhere in the Go App.

Go to the Me page in the app, then My Unlock NFZ Application.
As far as using a 3rd party app, if you close the GO app I'm not sure if you'll still have authorization.
2017-5-22
Use props
Ralphhuttonthom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Tks Tim, I set the day as tomorrow so it states INACTIVE presently and it doesnt name the airport but I will check tomorrow morning, hopefully it will be come ACTIVE at 00:00 local time tonight.
Pity about the 3rd party Apps, because I just spent a lot of time programming several flight plans. That would be a great improvement to open that up for approved flights.
Many thanks for your help.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules