Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A word about GEO, please read
9271 94 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJones Posted at 2016-7-8 00:50
On August 29th, in the United States, a new Remote Pilot Certificate for operations other than hob ...

Thank Mjones, well said.

As a company whose employees have already taken the Part 107 course and completed it (waiting for certificate) I realize and respect the fact that DJI are trying to keep the skies safe.  I think the program DJI installed is admirable however clearly lacking so far.  I'm hope it will get better.
However in my circumstance and HUNDREDS of others from earlier this year (as you know full well about), the precautions DJI were taking were ambiguous at best as they pertain to GEO Fencing that had no real basis..
In many instances drones were already in flight when geofences kicked in causing (major) mishaps that pissed off both sides.  To me it seems so arbitrary that DJI, a Chinese company,  is trying to govern the skies of so many foreign countries.  WHY?  Wouldn't it have saved EVERYONE so much trouble if they did a better job of educating people (like the chart above) rather then governing people.  As far as I know, that's my governments concern, not DJI.  
Regardless, I hope DJI cleans this up.  It looks like a sloppy mess with good intentions.
2016-8-13
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852799 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a question... has anyone else run into this? Why is DJI blocking out downtown areas? Why can we unlock to fly over airports but not this area? Those of us trying to make a living with these drones are becoming very disappointed... this only happened after i updated the firmware.
Optimized-image1.PNG Optimized-image2-2.PNG Optimized-image3.PNG
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-26 22:39
Just a question... has anyone else run into this? Why is DJI blocking out downtown areas? Why can we ...

If that is a yellow zone then it should be able to be self authorized. But your first screenshot is what is strange, saying it's not the correct flight controller.
Did you unlock from home on a PC or attempt right there with the aircraft?
Let me know, then I will send a message to the FlySafe team.
Also, post a screenshot of the about page so they can know your flight controller serial#. And also provide your DJI login email.And the authorization zone name.
2016-8-26
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-26 23:14
If that is a yellow zone then it should be able to be self authorized. But your first screenshot is ...

It is a yellow zone, i tried to unlock but i kept getting that message "zone cannot be unlocked". There is a yellow dashed line around the zone as well (if you zoom in on the pic you can see it). I was tried both methods, but neither worked. That zone doesn't even show up on the advance unlock page. So i have no idea why its there. There is no name for it that i can find. My DJI login email is jbarbz05@yahoo.com. I did email the flysafe email, but havent gotten a response. Im suppose to go back out there this week so I need this resovled ASAP. I appreciate the help.
Optimized-image1.PNG Optimized-Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 9.57.22 AM.png
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-28 21:53
It is a yellow zone, i tried to unlock but i kept getting that message "zone cannot be unlocked". T ...

Ok, I have forwarded this information to them and they should be getting back to you soon.
2016-8-28
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 00:10
Ok, I have forwarded this information to them and they should be getting back to you soon.

Update: I tried to fly the zone again to no avail. A second ring actually came up. But here's the catch, I first flew with out a camera attached...no issues, the zone didn't even show up. I then attached the x3, again no issues, the zones never even showed up. I attached the x5r (same camera as i had on friday) and thats when the zones popped back up.... Now why would this be? why does it matter what camera I have on it?
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-31 04:18
Update: I tried to fly the zone again to no avail. A second ring actually came up. But here's the  ...

That's strange, the zones are in the app.
Is this an NFZ or an Authorization zone ?
2016-8-30
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-31 04:41
That's strange, the zones are in the app.
Is this an NFZ or an Authorization zone ?

It shows up as a yellow authorization zone with a yellow dashed mark. But again, the same zone never showed up with no camera attached, or with the x3 attached... so why does the x5r have restrictions?
Optimized-IMG_0015.PNG

This is from todays flight with the x5r.
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-31 04:47
It shows up as a yellow authorization zone with a yellow dashed mark. But again, the same zone neve ...

I've forwarded this info onto the FlySafe team and will reply when I hear something.
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-8-31 04:47
It shows up as a yellow authorization zone with a yellow dashed mark. But again, the same zone neve ...

Have you tried both Android and IOS?
If possible, please try that to see if it's the same on both.
2016-8-30
Use props
jbarbz05
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-31 12:56
Have you tried both Android and IOS?
If possible, please try that to see if it's the same on both. ...

Hey Ken, thanks for sticking with me. Actually got the issue resolved. Through some other channels, I was put in touch with tahoe ed. For future reference, his suggestion that worked was to delete and reinstall the app. After i did that everything worked fine. He suspected something with the app maps were not loading right. Thanks for the help!
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jbarbz05@yahoo. Posted at 2016-9-2 08:58
Hey Ken, thanks for sticking with me. Actually got the issue resolved. Through some other channels, ...

That's awesome, glad it is all resolved.
2016-9-1
Use props
fans80d8c3d1
New

Ecuador

This guy from dji Blair Tang rocks! The best unlocking NFZ!
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans80d8c3d1 Posted at 2017-5-1 22:45
This guy from dji Blair Tang rocks! The best unlocking NFZ!

Thanks for posting.
2017-5-2
Use props
fansb4a2aea8
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-7 17:17
They said they expect to make regular updates to the GEO system, things like smaller airports turning them into Authorization zones instead or Restricted zones.
So as time goes on, I think everyone will be pleased with GEO.

I think the whole process is communist BS.
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules