Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Firmware Updates - How?
24331 18 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone clarify the issue related to battery firmware updates.

I'm not even sure if we've had battery firmware upgrades to date and if I have to worry about it at this time. But if we did, and in the future,

do we have run the Inspire 1 Firmware update (the entire process) with every battery seperately, or just once?
2015-1-24
Use props
kp.iwsltd.email
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was wondering the same thing, I just received a spare battery and also need clarification.....
2015-1-24
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

I'm not sure what, if any firmware updates are in the latest version, but my understanding is we should boot up the Inspire with each battery once with the firmware on the micro sd card to allow it to update, if needed.

The aircraft will also see the firmware, but will not update if it's already at the same version as the one on the card.  That's why you would see a "cancel' on the results text file if you looked at it.

I also understand that it's OK to leave the firmware on the card, as if the versions are the same, the boot program will just skip doing the updates again.
This is what I've been doing with my new batteries.

Can someone confirm this is correct?

2015-1-24
Use props
nscheffer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Hi,

I also did the latest upgrade correctly for the different part of the Inspire 1 including the camera and the Remote Controller but except a version number for the battery thought the iPad app I don' t really know how to check the battery firmware version and how to upgrade all my 4x batteries and how to check that the process is done correctly.
2015-1-24
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

This was cut from "The How to Update Frimware" from the Inspire 1 download page.  

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware
The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process. It is recommended to keep the upgrade package files in your SD card. Upgrade the Intelligent Flight Battery If DJI Pilot App prompts. The upgrade will start automatically if the aircraft does not connect to the DJI Pilot app after power cycling the aircraft.
2015-1-24
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to remove the results file after each battery is updated.
2015-1-24
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

In other words,

1.  Regular firmware upgrade with SD card
2.  Remove SD card and delete all except bin file
3.  Redo firmware upgrade with 2nd battery (assuming the Inspire upgrade will not be repeated), then repeat for other batteries.

Seems cumbersome, but "it is what it is." I'd rather have the abilty to upgrade firmware than drop hundreds for new batteries.

Have there been any battery firmware upgrades since production launch?

Thanks. Nothing intuitive about this.
2015-1-24
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, I believe it's been .11 since public release.
2015-1-24
Use props
yann
lvl.1

Switzerland

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-25 02:37
No, I believe it's been .11 since public release.

Im on android, where can you check if the battery has the new firmware???
2015-3-17
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100814 ft
United States

I believe the battery firmware is the same update your aircraft upgrades to. With in that firmware is the files for the battery. Your updating to the new aircraft (drone) newest firmware.

Also your getting all the other upgrades included with the new firmware v1.6 the new drone firmware. I think it's v1.6. Not a stand alone battery update,upgrade. A way to get you to upgrade up to the newest aircraft (Drone) firmware.  Correct me if i'm wrong please. BIGDOG AIR-1
2016-1-25
Use props
blairszymczyk
lvl.1

United States

the 1.5  firmware had updates for the batteries. The battery in the aircraft gets updated automatically, then change batteries and just the new battery gets updated. Repeat until all batteries are updated. It only takes a few minutes for each battery.
WARNING  The camera can get too hot in this process in burn itself out, so check between batteries for high temp in the camera.
2016-1-25
Use props
agumpel
New
United States

We just figured it out.  You need to place the battery that needs updating in and then exit travel mode.  Once you exit travel mode it will begin the update Da---DaDa beeping.  The red and green light on the camera will blink back and forth, it skips the software update and goes straight to the battery update.  It takes about 1-2 minutes.  When the camera light goes off and only the tail light blinks with the Da-DaDa beeping, its done.  You can shut it down, remove the updated battery and replace with the next one to update.  When you turn it back on the update process will begin again..... repeat for all batteries.  You can check the status of each battery on the screen of your phone/tablet on the controller.
2016-4-10
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

agumpel Posted at 2016-4-10 14:46
We just figured it out.  You need to place the battery that needs updating in and then exit travel  ...

Yep, after messing around with the Inspire 1 for an hour, I also did these same steps and was able to update each battery.

1. Take Inspire out of travel mode
2. Turn off Inspire
3. Attach camera with SD card with new firmware
4. Turn on Inspire, and battery starts to update. You'll notice that the last LED green light on the battery will start blinking during update. When it stops, update is completed.
5. Turn off Inspire, put in another battery and turn on Inspire to update your next battery.
2016-4-10
Use props
n.coxon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298878 ft

United Kingdom

OK, also been tinkering...it's a lot easier than most think.

I've just updated four batteries on the trot, with the remote turned on (I don't think that makes any difference) and not deleting the text file between batteries; this is how my text file looks now;

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.06.02 19:09:31 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2016.06.02 19:13:10 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.06.02 19:16:05 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2016.06.02 19:17:56 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.06.02 19:21:04 =====================

========== 2016.06.02 19:22:41 =====================

========== 2016.06.02 19:23:53 =====================

========== 2016.06.02 19:25:56 =====================

Last four entries are my double-checks that FW has indeed upgraded.

Just
1. Insert battery
2. Power up.
3. Battery has an odd light pattern during update  - steady light 2, flashing light 3 and beeping will be DDDD.
4. It will power down and restart near the end. Wait for the D-DD to indicate it's finished and power down.
5. Remove battery, go back to step one.
2016-6-2
Use props
n.coxon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298878 ft

United Kingdom

Sorry, double post.
2016-6-2
Use props
kondoros
New

Cyprus

Today I have upgraded my drone inspire1, my remote control, IMU and compass calibration to firmware 10.01.40 (x3). When I opened the dji app it doesn't ask me to upgrade my 3 other used batteries. Is it possible that the batteries don't need to be upgraded?
2017-6-19
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am new to drones. If the battery needs to be upgrade, would there be a prompt to do so when an incompatible battery is plugged in. Another question is why battery needs to be upgraded, what have DJI done to affect the change of programming in battery management. If there is, is it listed out in their upgrade release note.
2017-6-19
Use props
kondoros
New

Cyprus

today i get this answer from DJI Technical Support
if you don´t get a upgrade message in the app for the batteries you don´t have to upgrade them.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kondoros Posted at 2017-6-26 02:44
today i get this answer from DJI Technical Support
if you don´t get a upgrade message in the app for the batteries you don´t have to upgrade them.

Yes, usually we will describe clearly if the battery will need to be updated in release note, and DJI Go will have notification about that too.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules