P3P - Recovered!! - Now ESC Error?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

So some of you know that I had a bad experience with the wind. During my last flight, the wind got the best of me and took the Phantom about 4800 ft from me. I was able to load the flight log into HealthyDrones and find it's last signal location. Upon calling the owner of the land it was over, they had recovered it. There appears to be no physical damage at all so the DJI Failsafe software did its job.

However, since it took me about 3 weeks to get the nerve to do some research and not give up, the person that found it attempted to sync a controller to it and fly it. He was unsuccessfull.

I have it back and re-synced it to my controller. All starts out ok. I even get a safe to fly message on the DJI Go application. However, upon attempting to start the motors, I get an ESC error. I've restarted the drone and have completed both a compass calibration as well as an IMU calibration. Both responded with success.

Is there something I'm missing? What would have caused it to have this ESC Error?
2016-7-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am glad you were able to recover it! especially since they were using it already! Did you have to put any pressure upon them to return it?

Here is an article for you: ESC ERROR
2016-7-8
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-8 13:58
I am glad you were able to recover it! especially since they were using it already! Did you have to  ...

Actually, they were great. They wanted to make sure it got back to the owner.

Another drone person I know stated that he had this on his P2 and said to downgrade the firmware and update again. I'm not sure this is possible.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is great to hear that you were able to get it back. Have you had a chance to get in contact with the North American Support Center to look into further diagnostics and repair?
2016-7-8
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-9 12:08
It is great to hear that you were able to get it back. Have you had a chance to get in contact with  ...

Yes. I have started an RMA. Awaiting the return shipping label. I was hoping there was an easier software fix available that I could do to get the drone back in working order.
2016-7-9
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Who said DJI Support was bad. They are on top of it and responding to my inquiries!
Good.png
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ESC error normally means there's some hardware wrong and you need to return it to DJI for repair.  
2016-7-20
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-20 06:15
ESC error normally means there's some hardware wrong and you need to return it to DJI for repair.

Thanks! As you can see from the post above yours, it is already in the DJI service center being repaired.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-7-20 08:10
Thanks! As you can see from the post above yours, it is already in the DJI service center being re ...

Nice. You can expect to receive it back within 14 days, counting from the day you send it out
2016-7-20
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-20 22:52
Nice. You can expect to receive it back within 14 days, counting from the day you send it out

Thanks! According to Repair Status... it was received on the 19th and repaired and tested on the same day. I'm now waiting on Tracking information.
2016-7-21
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Just an update. The US Repair facility worked their magic and I should be receiving my drone soon. I'll let you know how it flies when I get it back! Can't wait!

Thank you DJI!
P3PRepair.png
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-7-23 02:20
Just an update. The US Repair facility worked their magic and I should be recieving my drone soon. I ...

That's good to hear, turn around times are great.
2016-7-22
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 17:01
That's good to hear, turn around times are great.

Yes they are. Thanks DJI-Ken for all your help!
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MSGNitro Posted at 2016-7-25 20:28
Yes they are. Thanks DJI-Ken for all your help!

No problem at all, happy flying.
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules