First real attempt at video editing
531 3 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter_EnvyNY
lvl.2

I've had my Phantom 3 Standard for almost 2 months now, and am finally starting to play around with video editing.  I currently use iMovie on my Mac, but am hoping to save up enough to get a better editing program.  If you like what you see, please subscribe to my channel, and I will subscribe back.  Thank you for your feedback.

2016-7-9
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Great job for your first attempt, keep at it! If you want to try out some other software I'd recommend trying out either Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro (very similar to iMovie). I prefer Adobe Premier but am still really testing things out myself!
2016-7-11
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

I liked the smooth shots. Know by experience it can be very tricky to fly in such narrow places.
As for editing software, I would recommend Final Cut Pro X. It won't be as steep of a learning curve as Premiere, if you're coming from iMovie, and performance wise it takes full advantage of the Mac's hardware in a way that Premier doesn't. Having said that, both are top notch products and it ends up being a matter of preference. BTW, you can download a Final Cut Pro X trial from Apple's website / appstore before you buy.
2016-7-11
Use props
Peter_EnvyNY
lvl.2

Thank you both.  It's going to be a bit before I can make the plunge, but I was leaning towards Final Cut, and now I think that is the way I'll go.  Thank you again for your input.
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules