Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Batteries dead <SOLVED>
54514 29 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Starship
lvl.4

United States

It's been a really windy first part of the year so I haven't flown much. So I I stored two TB47s with 40% charge for 4 months.  Now they are both dead.  Won't power up, and won't charge.

So I did the Email "chat" with DJI to ask if there's anything I can do.  They won't even talk to me unless I jump through a bunch of hoops.

Dear Starship,

Thank you for letting us know about the current status on the battery. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues on it. Kindly fill up the information for us to be able to go on the next procedure.
  • Proof of Purchase
  • Photos of the battery, including the Serial number
  • Screen shot of the battery info, from the GO app
  • Short video showing the issue
  • Has the battery been involved in any rough landings or crashes?

We appreciate your cooperation and our outmost thanks for the patience on this matter.

Seriously?  ........ Especially the part about the Go app..... can't they read "DEAD BATTERY"?

2016-7-9
Use props
mamestro
lvl.2
United States

I recently jump through the hoops to send back a Brand new dead battery. Inspire arrived and the battery was already completely dead. I didn't answer the go pro app question. Seemed kind of silly considering the battery never came on fresh out the box. I suspect that they packed me a used battery because there was already a small black mark on top of the battery under the plastic covering. I had to go out and by a new battery from a local store. It worked immediately. Anyway I'm waiting on a response now.
2016-7-9
Use props
atDJI
New

Hong Kong

Hi Starship, did you try to connect the charger and battery any way and charge it at least for a hour? Maybe it will revive...
2016-7-10
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi Starship,

I have used this process and it worked without issue, brought my dead battery back to life. See post # 3 for details, very easy process too!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15401-1-1.html

Regards Wolf
2016-7-10
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Wolfman Posted at 2016-7-10 22:47
Hi Starship,

I have used this process and it worked without issue, brought my dead battery back to  ...

Tried that.... no joy
2016-7-11
Use props
spendthrift47
New

United States

I just received my Inspire on 7/8/16, and the battery will not charge.  They demanded the same information they requested of you - pictures of the battery, video of the charging process, error code from the app, and info from the SD card.  They refused to do the right thing - send me a new battery immediately.  They are just attempting to delay.

I will be returning the whole unit for a credit; I have contacted by credit card company to file a complaint and get a credit.  I will not do business with DJI ever again.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Starship
I understand your frustion. Please be advised that they are a warranty facility and they do require additional information in order to validate a warranty claim. This is basic information to ensure that the battery is physically safe to send in to their facility or if alternate methods are needed in the event the battery is confirmed to be physically damaged. Since you claim that the battery will not even turn on, of course the Go app error verification can be skipped, but the rest of the information would still be pertinent.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

spendthrift47@v Posted at 2016-7-11 23:17
I just received my Inspire on 7/8/16, and the battery will not charge.  They demanded the same infor ...

I'm sorry you feel this way, but unfortunately our warranty is not a "no questions asked" policy. Additional information is needed to validate warranty claims. DJI would replace the battery if it legitimately has issues that are covered under the warranty.
2016-7-11
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-11 12:12
Starship
I understand your frustion. Please be advised that they are a warranty facility and they do ...

So, you are saying they can not answer just a simple question without me having to jump through hoops?

Here was my question.  IT WAS NOT A WARRANTY CLAIM........ just a simple question.

Message: I stored 2 tb47s for about 5 months after discharging them to 40%. Now the won't charge, or power on. They each only have a couple dozen flights. Is there a trick to getting them to take a charge?

So I got the same form letter reply from Ricardo and Russel.  I did reply to Ricardo with the web receipt from DJI, and he replied with THE SAME FORM LETTER.

When someone spends $3000 PLUS on DJI products, it's REALLY irritating to be blown off like that.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Starship Posted at 2016-7-12 04:20
So, you are saying they can not answer just a simple question without me having to jump through hoo ...

I'm sorry for the negative experience. Would it be possibe to receive a ticket number from that correspondence? Just to clarify, neither rep had inquired anything else outside of what's above?
2016-7-11
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-11 16:17
I'm sorry for the negative experience. Would it be possibe to receive a ticket number from that co ...

Here's one of the emails.... no ticket number.  All three replies were like this.  It's like they go out of their way to not answer ONE simple question.

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

Thank you for letting us know this concern and we will be glad to assist about your battery issue.

Can you please reply to this email with the following information, so we can better assist you.
Proof of Purchase
Photos of the battery, including the Serial number
Screen shot of the battery info, from the GO app
Short video showing the issue
Has the battery been involved in any rough landings or crashes?

We will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

On Tue, Jul 5 at 4:38 PM , Starship <starship> wrote:
Products: Inspire 1
Name:

Dealers: DJI
Tel: 309-2695456
Subject: tb47
Message: I stored 2 tb47s for about 5 months after discharging them to 40%. Now the won't charge, or power on. They each only have a couple dozen flights. Is there a trick to getting them to take a charge?

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.
此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允 许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Starship Posted at 2016-7-12 06:03
Here's one of the emails.... no ticket number.  All three replies were like this.  It's like they g ...

Thank you for providing this. I was able to get the ticket number pulled, which is #317307 for your record, and we'll get this email QC issue addressed. You should be able to get more than just the same email multiple times. Again, I do apologize for the negative experience thus far.
2016-7-11
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi Starship,

sorry it didn't work for you, it was worth a crack!

Yes, the process with DJI addressing warranty claims when things go wrong is frustrating to say the least. As a word of advice, you just have to accept it for what it is at the moment. Their way of doing business is definitely different to what we are used to in the western world. It is a long drawn out process but you will get the result if you are patient and play their game. Not defending them, just realistic as to how they operate having been in your position in the past.

All the best with it, Wolf   
2016-7-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2016-7-10 20:47
Hi Starship,

I have used this process and it worked without issue, brought my dead battery back to  ...

nice solution wolfman

Rich
2016-7-11
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Wolfman Posted at 2016-7-11 20:26
Hi Starship,

sorry it didn't work for you, it was worth a crack!

I tried every process I could find.  Including unplugging the connector to the top, and putting it on the charger for a while.  That actually almost seemed to work as the lights would come on.  But then when I put them on the charger after plugging the plug back in, the #4 Y light blinks 2 times per second, indicating the the battery is to cold to charge.  So then I followed the procedure for fixing that.  

Still broke

2016-7-12
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

My guess is the cells dropped below 3.0 volts. 40% storage charge is also a little low as normal lipos are stored at 60%. You can bring them back as I have done recentley with a complete dead TB47. That fix is not for someone who does not know what they are doing thou. PM me if you want to know how thou.
2016-7-13
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

Starship Posted at 2016-7-13 13:41
If you are talking about the disconnect the balance plug trick, and plug it into the charger.... tr ...

That unplug the balancer lead just causes the controller to reset. Nothing special. I do have another way thou and it is at your own risk. I have done it on two lipos now with no issue and both have decent amount of flights on them now.
2016-7-14
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Rinzler Posted at 2016-7-13 10:21
My guess is the cells dropped below 3.0 volts. 40% storage charge is also a little low as normal lip ...

I looked up your posting history, and found a post where you helped someone else.  I modified it a little bit.  Here's what I did.  Disconnected the balance plug.  Made a jumper with 2 aligator clips.  Jumpered the ground from the charge jack to the ground on the cells (large black wires).  Charged the batteries for 10 minutes as if they were ni-cads.  Took them off charge, and plugged the balance plug back in.  Put them back on charge and.................................

Ta Da

The batteries went into charge mode.  I let them charge until full.  

First flight got a "Damaged Cell" warning, and a notice that a deep charge cycle was needed.  Flew until under 5% battery.

Second flight was flawless.  All cells read good in the Go app, and flight time was normal.

So, my thanks to you for pointing me in the right direction.
2016-7-14
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

Starship Posted at 2016-7-14 08:51
I looked up your posting history, and found a post where you helped someone else.  I modified it a  ...

Np and that was going to be what I suggested you do. I've been flying helis for 10 years now and I know  a thing or two about lipos and how to maintain them. For future thou only charge to 60% if you they are to be stored for more then 3 months.  should about 3.9-4 volts per cell. Also keep a eye on your invidiual cell voltage when full / while flying / and drained. They shouldnt be more then .04 apart max. If they are then a balance will be required from a Hyperion charger or something of high quality. That is in depth thou as you need to map out the balance leads etc and build a harness to convert it up to a normal 6s balance lead.
2016-7-14
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

This part is for DJI.... Please revise your logic board on the batts. When looking at it I have found that it keeps a small constant leaching on the lipos them self and does not have a cut off on when to stop. This is why so many people are reporting getting a new Inspire 1 v2 including my self with a 100% drained lipo pack. Some times these things sit for months at a time due to weather etc.
2016-7-14
Use props
djiuser_JlaZ6OPlRfD1
New
Panama

Just purchased a mavic pro combo platinum yesterday . One out of three batteries completely dead. Any recommendations ? Thanks
2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_qhbujPEVhiRa
New

United States

I can restore most DJI Phantom Battery
If you need to bring back to life
Hit me up

westwayzrecordz@gmail.com
2019-2-8
Use props
djiuser_Nr1Pb4OG7Prr
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_JlaZ6OPlRfD1 Posted at 2018-11-3 04:42
Just purchased a mavic pro combo platinum yesterday . One out of three batteries completely dead. Any recommendations ? Thanks

Same for me - all three batteries DOA
2019-10-23
Use props
djiuser_3coID2jVcdl5
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_qhbujPEVhiRa Posted at 2-8 08:18
I can restore most DJI Phantom Battery
If you need to bring back to life
Hit me up

Hi, I know you posted this several years ago, but people like me are still having the same issues. I have sent email to the email you listed but not sure you got it. Any chance you can post the recharging strategy here for us. Cheers
2019-11-7
Use props
syossi
lvl.1
Israel

Rinzler Posted at 2016-7-14 04:51
That unplug the balancer lead just causes the controller to reset. Nothing special. I do have another way thou and it is at your own risk. I have done it on two lipos now with no issue and both have decent amount of flights on them now.

hi

beside the unplug the balancer plug
what else can do?  

thanks
yossi
2019-11-9
Use props
syossi
lvl.1
Israel

Rinzler Posted at 2016-7-14 04:51

what the other thing please????
2019-11-9
Use props
mano2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62077 ft
United States

djiuser_Nr1Pb4OG7Prr Posted at 2019-10-23 03:51
Same for me - all three batteries DOA

Me too...3 dead batteries in a new mavic pro fly less combo. Obviously there's a problem here!!
2020-7-5
Use props
djiuser_GlWpPbGEyg1q
lvl.1

United States

Are you serious!!!   All that for a battery.   GRRRR!!!  At this rate my next drone won't be from DJI...
2021-3-13
Use props
Anders Helgesen
New

Norway

Starship Posted at 2016-7-14 04:51
I looked up your posting history, and found a post where you helped someone else.  I modified it a little bit.  Here's what I did.  Disconnected the balance plug.  Made a jumper with 2 aligator clips.  Jumpered the ground from the charge jack to the ground on the cells (large black wires).  Charged the batteries for 10 minutes as if they were ni-cads.  Took them off charge, and plugged the balance plug back in.  Put them back on charge and.................................

Hi, my battery is dead too. Would you by any chance be able to share some photos of how to rewoke dead lithium batteries for Maverick Pro?
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_cBuk6dEyUQ0O
New

France

Rinzler Posted at 2016-7-13 07:21
My guess is the cells dropped below 3.0 volts. 40% storage charge is also a little low as normal lipos are stored at 60%. You can bring them back as I have done recentley with a complete dead TB47. That fix is not for someone who does not know what they are doing thou. PM me if you want to know how thou.

Can you send me a video how to do it ?
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules