Feature Request: Error Logs in the Flight Record
2048 6 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Just had my fourth successful flight with my new Inspire - I am very quickly falling in love with flying this thing.

I wanted to request a new feature for the Flight Record section the DJI Pilot App:

Error Logging.

Basically I decided to cut short my last flight after only 10 minutes as something was causing the Inspire to jump out of GPS mode into Atti.

Not a big deal as I often flew my Phantom 2 in Atti mode, but I was wanting to know the cause of the change of mode.

It would be excellent if the flight records section could plot on the flight path any changes in flight mode or errors reported by the app (weak signal, abnormal compass etc) as it does when you take photos.
The reason I ask this is because the 2nd time it jumped into Atti mode, there was a red warning at the top of my tablet screen for about one tenth of a second - too fast for me to read.

I don't think there's anything wrong with my Inspire, it did something that I've seen reported by other people, but it would be nice to track this kind of meta information in the flight recorder.

2015-1-24
Use props
myth55au
lvl.1

Australia

I second this as i have had one issue that i would like to be able to self diagnose .
In my case when taking off, my inspire lurched to the left and for my peace of mind would like to know what caused this.
Interestingly the flight record for that event no longer shows in my history ? and yet all my other successful flights are there ?
2015-1-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Thanks for your advice!
2015-1-25
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No problem

After reviewing the footage, I noticed the gimble twitched twice in my last video clip - from that I'm guessing the error was an abnormal compass reading.

Very odd, considering that it was over an open field and over 150m from the nearest house and at least 250m from power lines
2015-1-25
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Red signal warning on top/middle maybe  "Disconnected"
2015-1-29
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

I would love this as well. I lose Gps mode every flight at lest once and would love to know for sure its the compass
2015-1-29
Use props
juan.grupomeca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 493018 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi from Spain,

Today me the same thing has occurred, error screen IPAD tenth of a second, I can not read it, I had time to read it, and for a few seconds Inspire one change to Atti mode. Check the path a few seconds when suddenly returned to GPS without doing anything. I am free field and was the third battery which inserted. It is very strange and very scared me. I can not believe that occurs without seeing the Inspire 1 to control it.

regards
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules