Phantom 2 Gimbal Options
2685 7 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nayterobertson.
New

United States

I currently own a Phantom 2 and would like to use my GoPro Hero2 with it being that I already have the FPV setup with it. However I want to purchase a gimbal that my GoPro will fit and I would like to still be able to use the tilt wheel on the transmitter. Is this possible? I am aware that modifications will be required and I do not fear that. I just need advice on what to do. Thanks.
Nayte

2015-1-24
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

The dji zenmuse H3-2D is customized for the GoPro 3, the H3-3D for HERO3/HERO3+/HERO4 only. If you use a non dji gimbal, I don't think that you can bind it to your transmitter. Besides, which kind of FPV have you got for your gopro? Surely it would be easiest getting a gopro 3 or 4 and a zenmuse gimbal.
2015-1-24
Use props
nayterobertson.
New

United States

I fail to understand how having to purchase a expensive gimbal AND forking out more money for another GoPro is easier? That requires more money than I spent on the Phantom 2 to begin with. I currently run a Immersion TX with proper wiring to my GoPro and 7 in black pearl monitor. I have found several videos and how-tos on connecting a cheap gimbal to a phantom 1 and using the tilt control on it to control it thru the NAZA F2 port. If its that easy on a phantom 1 surely its the same on a phantom 2. And if not I believe I was told the Phantom 2 has a Zenmuse controller in it already? is it possible to use the wiring from zenmuse plug hanging below my phantom to control it? What is the pinout on the Zenmuse connector? Surely the wires have atleast 1 wire used for tilt control. Anyway thanks for your help anyway, maybe im at the wrong forum.
Nayte
2015-1-25
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Hi Nayte,

well, easier doesn't mean less expensive. I would also  believe that there is a way to connect a non dji gimbal to your phantom and using the tilt. I've got no clue how to do this though, but this would require skills and is not easy (hence my remark).

I hope somebody on this forum can help you with this.
2015-1-25
Use props
atomicproject
lvl.1

United States

I'm wondering the same thing, surely there are other people too.  Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the zenmuse grey 8pin cable?
2015-2-23
Use props
rich204
lvl.1

Canada

Have you tried looking into the DYS 3 axis gimbal?  I don't own one myself but just putting it out there.  There also might be some DIY vids on youtube.
2015-2-23
Use props
atomicproject
lvl.1

United States

I have.  I've also watched lots of diy gimbal set ups vids for phantom 1s.  But wondering if anyone is specifically utilizing the already existing grey 8 pin cable for the zenmuse.  Or if anyone knows what each of the wires are for.  I'd like to use it, if its possible.  
2015-2-23
Use props
MarkPDD
New

Ukraine

There are many options as gimbal in useability for your Fantom2 It's always up to you!

2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules