Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just bought P3 4K - controller won't turn on
13937 27 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kurtc310
New
Canada

Just bought a P3 4K and the controller won't turn on.  Been charging it for 2 hours and still nothing (yes I am pressing the power button once and then again for 2 seconds).

I am able to connect to the wifi and I installed the updated firmware on the phantom, but the RC still does not turn on.  When I'm connected in the app everything is good except for "RC signal lost" in the top left corner.  It seems as if I have a defunct RC...
2016-7-9
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

Press the power button once and let go. Press it again for a few seconds longer and watch for the led lights start from left to right......I had the same problem the first time
I thought it broke....
2016-7-9
Use props
kurtc310
New
Canada

UCLABruins Posted at 2016-7-10 01:33
Press the power button once and let go. Press it again for a few seconds longer and watch for the le ...

Thanks, but as I said this is not the problem.  Even when it is plugged in the LED lights don't flash, and it's not a problem with the outlet because I charged the battery using the same outlet first.
2016-7-9
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

kurtc310 Posted at 2016-7-9 13:56
Thanks, but as I said this is not the problem.  Even when it is plugged in the LED lights don't fl ...

I'm very sorry about this issue. But you may want to contact the dealer to see if you can do an exchange.

If you can't, please contact support@dji.com and we'll exchange it. Thank you.
2016-7-11
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

One more thing to try before arranging swap out of your possibly DOA RC. Make sure that the metal tip on the end of the power supply cord is pushed ALL THE WAY into the power connector on the side of the RC.  On new RCs it is sometimes difficult to get the power adapter tip pushed completely into the hole.  However, the RC typically comes out of the box with at least a 50% charge, so this is not likely the problem, but easy to check.
2016-7-14
Use props
champflyer
New

United States

So i also had a similar issue. My controller would not power on, with the power button. Non of the lights would come on when plugged into charger either. So i put the controller back in the case and proceeded to get in touch with DJI. So here is where it gets weird. So i got the controller back out later to get the serial number, at that point i noticed that it was warm to the left of the power button. i suspected that the battery was heating up. I checked my iPhone to see if the wifi was being generated by the controller. (it was) so i turned on the drone and the camera was working but could not control the gimbal. It was telling me Lost RC signal. so i shut down the drone, but could not power off the controller (which still had no lights on ) I set the controller aside for the night, in the morning the controller was cool.I checked to see if the wifi was being generated, ( it wasn't)  i then plugged in the charger to the controller and it then started charging normally. after charging for an hour, i unplugged it and tried the power button. It worked normally, i powered up the drone, opened the DJI go app, and all appears to work normally. I have not test flown yet because its raining. I post test flight results when i can.
2016-12-24
Use props
champflyer
New

United States

Just a quick follow up. Test flew the drone, and it flew perfectly. no issues with the controller. WTF ?
2016-12-24
Use props
purduein98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103999 ft
United States

champflyer Posted at 2016-12-24 05:03
So i also had a similar issue. My controller would not power on, with the power button. Non of the lights would come on when plugged into charger either. So i put the controller back in the case and proceeded to get in touch with DJI. So here is where it gets weird. So i got the controller back out later to get the serial number, at that point i noticed that it was warm to the left of the power button. i suspected that the battery was heating up. I checked my iPhone to see if the wifi was being generated by the controller. (it was) so i turned on the drone and the camera was working but could not control the gimbal. It was telling me Lost RC signal. so i shut down the drone, but could not power off the controller (which still had no lights on ) I set the controller aside for the night, in the morning the controller was cool.I checked to see if the wifi was being generated, ( it wasn't)  i then plugged in the charger to the controller and it then started charging normally. after charging for an hour, i unplugged it and tried the power button. It worked normally, i powered up the drone, opened the DJI go app, and all appears to work normally. I have not test flown yet because its raining. I post test flight results when i can.

I'm having the same exact issue.  I'll let the controller sit overnight to see what happens. Just curious, had there been some time since you had last flown and the RC issue!  I probably haven't flown for 3 weeks and when I went to turn the RC on, no lights.  
2017-1-1
Use props
PxlRod
New

Canada

I had this problem 2-3 three months ago so I called the support line and they had me send back my controller. After a couple of weeks they sent me an email indicating that there was not problem with my controller and that they would courier it back to me. I called them to check into this further and they told me that my charger was probably malfunctioning. (the portion for the controller) Anyway, when I received it back it did turn on and I used it a few time.  (and charged it successfully a couple of times)

Today (after being in the case for 3-4 weeks, I went to turn on the controller and once again it would not light up nor take a charge. I took a voltmeter to the end that goes into the controller and it reads 17.4 volts. So when I read a couple of the forums I did check the wifi signal and the controller is broadcasting. I'm currently streaming video to my tablet (from a controller that won't turn on) to see if I can kill the battery and hopefully be able to reset this lock out problem and charge the controller so I can hopefully turn it on.

I will give DJI a call tomorrow with reference to my original case number and see what they say and update this post in a couple of days.

2017-1-8
Use props
PxlRod
New

Canada

Sure enough, I watched the controller broadcasting the wifi and once it was gone I could plug in the controller and it did take a charge. Once it was fully charged I could turn it on once again. This problem has happed twice in 4 months after the controller was not used for a period of about 3-4 weeks.
2017-1-13
Use props
Joeldg
New

Philippines

How would you know if the controller is broadcasting the wifi? I am having the same issue but it occured to me right after rebooting from updating the firmware of my controller.
2017-3-2
Use props
fans0174b9f1
lvl.2
Mexico

I had the same issue that apparently had PxlRod, After not using the control for 3 weeks, no light, no sound, no charge, PxlRod apparently gave a solution that I did not understand exactly, has anyone been able to solve it?
2017-3-4
Use props
fans0174b9f1
lvl.2
Mexico

PxlRod Posted at 2017-1-13 10:32
Sure enough, I watched the controller broadcasting the wifi and once it was gone I could plug in the controller and it did take a charge. Once it was fully charged I could turn it on once again. This problem has happed twice in 4 months after the controller was not used for a period of about 3-4 weeks.

Could you tell me what you mean exactly "watched the controller broadcasting the wifi and once it was gone" {:4_177:}
2017-3-4
Use props
JEGGY37
New
United Kingdom

Mines just done exactly the same thing, after about a period of 3 weeks without being used, the controller has completely cut out. Hopefully DJI will be gracious to sort this out...
2017-3-30
Use props
TKDavison
New
United States

JEGGY37 Posted at 2017-3-30 13:44
Mines just done exactly the same thing, after about a period of 3 weeks without being used, the controller has completely cut out. Hopefully DJI will be gracious to sort this out...

Any luck?  I'm in exactly the same situation - dead controller after a few weeks of not being used...
2017-4-8
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Mine had the issue of locking up.
Wouldn't show any LEDs under any circumstances and could not seem to charge it.
Someone tipped me off to disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, I'm talking about opening the controller and disconnecting the battery.
Much to my surprise there was an LED inside that was lit.
Once I disconnected the battery and re connected, everything worked like normal.
Irritating to say the least, but at least I didn't have to send the controller in.
2017-4-9
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Mine has done it again.
Going to rip the thing open again.
Thinking about installing a switch to make it easy to do a power reset when necessary.
2017-4-23
Use props
a_savvin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55840 ft
Canada

Having same issue now. No lights and it seems to me wifi is broadcasting . Controller is not charging when connected. will try to keep it for a day this way and than charging
2017-8-15
Use props
IronIce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138317 ft
Sweden

i have the same problem..... i open the transmitter and take the battery cabel fromthe controller and put it in again and after that the controller work again
2017-9-9
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

So I have this problem also. Has anyone found a permanent solution?  I do not want to open up the controller every time

Thanks
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_FqdB2RV
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem which occurred after not using the drone for almost 3 weeks. I have seen videos from several showing how to open and reconnect the battery but it is almost impossible to loosen the screws to take off the back to get to that point. Any tips. I do not want to strip the screws. Any tips?
2017-12-7
Use props
user76d2d5e989
New

United States

UCLABruins Posted at 2016-7-9 09:33
Press the power button once and let go. Press it again for a few seconds longer and watch for the led lights start from left to right......I had the same problem the first time  
I thought it broke....

Did you even read his comment? He already explained that he knows how to power in. DJI phantom controller. Maybe read the entire comment next time before you tell someone to do something they have already told you that they’ve done.
2018-11-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

user76d2d5e989 Posted at 11-17 14:06
Did you even read his comment? He already explained that he knows how to power in. DJI phantom controller. Maybe read the entire comment next time before you tell someone to do something they have already told you that they’ve done.

Did you even look at the date?  The post was made almost three years ago.

Welcome to the site  :-D  

2018-11-17
Use props
user76d2d5e989
New

United States

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-4-23 03:16
Mine has done it again.
Thinking about installing a switch to make it easy to do a power reset when necessary.

That is a great idea and I was thinking the same thing. It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the stick-on peices (that won’t stick any more) that cover the screw holes. Grrrr.
2018-11-17
Use props
user76d2d5e989
New

United States

Mine has done it again.

That is a great idea and I was thinking the same thing. It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the stick-on peices (that won’t stick any more) that cover the screw holes. Grrrr.
2018-11-17
Use props
user76d2d5e989
New

United States

Mine has done it again.

2018-11-17
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

user76d2d5e989 Posted at 11-17 15:25

A touch of gorilla glue would fix that issue, quick!
2018-11-18
Use props
djiuser_XeWwHRFwFubH
New

United States

I have the same issue every bit and then an literally have to open the back of the controller disconnect the battery wire from the main board wait 5 and reconnect and assemble there’s a YouTube video on the steps but there should be a fix for this
2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules