Follow me question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arctic man
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140164 ft
Canada

For the first time I tried the follow me feature with show 20 satellite but I get not enough satellite warning on my screen, how many sats do I need?
2016-7-9
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Arctic man,

Do you have a Samsung Android?  Just in case you do, you will also need to enable the "connect to nearby device" in settings (at or near the bottom).  My Samsung Android will not function for Follow Me unless I have it enabled along with the GPS function.   Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The number of satellites displayed on the screen are the ones that the aircraft sees. Follow Me mode requires your phone/tablet to be able to receive satellites in order to tell the aircraft where you are, and this is what the message on the screen is saying, that the phone/tablet is not receiving the GPS signals well enough to do the job.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-10 17:29
The number of satellites displayed on the screen are the ones that the aircraft sees. Follow Me mode ...

Well said.
2016-7-10
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Canada

Ok thanks I use iPad all the time, the way I understand this is that iPad won't work?
2016-7-10
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Arctic man Posted at 2016-7-10 22:16
Ok thanks I use iPad all the time, the way I understand this is that iPad won't work?

Hi Arctic man! Have your iPad the cellular module? Because if not, it does not have the GPS module and so you can't use the Follow Me feature.
2016-7-10
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks again that's too bad now I have to get a phone
2016-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Arctic man Posted at 2016-7-11 06:31
Thanks again that's too bad now I have to get a phone

Personally, I find a phone too small to see properly, particularly in bright conditions. You might think about getting an iPad Mini, from the Mini 2 upwards, with cellular capability. The Apple iPad products seem to be the most reliable for use with a Phantom. I have an Air 2, but I did not pay full price for it, I bought one from a pawn shop in excellent condition.
2016-7-10
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax I use iPad all the time just so I can see I tried smaller ones, it didn't work for me
2016-7-10
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Canada

Do I need cellphone service for this feature?
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Arctic man Posted at 2016-7-13 05:19
Do I need cellphone service for this feature?

Just for Follow Me.
2016-7-12
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Canada

That's too bad we're I live don't have cell phone service
2016-7-12
Use props
K2qwrki
lvl.1

Oh boy, I did not know this. On flight 3 with new P3 Pro I decided to try follow me in my yard. Without warning the aircraft went rogue and drove itself into my house and crashed before I could land or power off..Now both aircraft and controller are inoperative. This is after finding I get image transmission error at any distance or altitude over 110 feet. I am very unhappy and venting. Thanx for listening
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules