Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

To the folks at Apple:
  I don't know what your issues are with DJI? I will say this, the DJI Platform is the safest around and they have an excellent product. I have spent a  small fortune with you over the past few years, 2 IMACS, 3 Macbook Pros, 6 iPhoones, 5 iPads. You must realize that DJI is creating sales for you. When I bought the Inspire I bought an iPad Air 2 with 128 GB and Cellular just for the Inspire. I don't understand what the issue is with the Pilot Program and Apple. I am very disappointed in wha tseems to be Corporate Wranglings. The DJI Programs are loaded with safety features. The Apple Products are the best around. I would think that you should realize that you compliment each other. Apple, I am very disappointed with you, to the point that you are going to push me back to the PC Platform.

A disappointed Apple Customer,
Rodger Xxxxx
Rhode Island, USA
2015-1-24
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

Agreed.  I'm dipping my hands in Android because of this.  Frankly, I'm starting to like it a lot.
2015-1-24
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Yes, me too!!  Guess I will have to buy an android also.  
2015-1-24
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agreed. I bought an ipad air 2 also for use with the inspire. Apple forced the pulling of the app so I returned the ipad air 2 to apple. Its a real shame.
2015-1-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-26 02:46
Agreed. I bought an ipad air 2 also for use with the inspire. Apple forced the pulling of the app so ...

It is a shame, I love Apple Products and have completely changed from the PC Platform to the Apple Platform and it works great for me, a bit of a learning curve. DJI and Apple are great products and I really hope that they get together and straighten things out. they are both Dynamic. I don't want to go back but they may leave me no choice because I am sticking with DJI, they have a great safe and easy to fly product and I have give those points to the DJI Brand.
2015-1-25
Use props
gjohnson.acecle
New
United States

could not agree more, very disappointed, but I like what I am seeing on the other side
2015-1-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What is confusing is that I received a Phantom Vision update yesterday 1/27/15 that took care of a couple of minor issues, issues that I have never experienced and the App now includes the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Obviously DJI and Apple are still supporting each other.
2015-1-28
Use props
david.spencer.b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantom doesn't send signal down a cable, its over wifi. Its not that they have a problem with each other its that apple has a policy not to allow video over cable.
2015-1-28
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

david.spencer.b Posted at 2015-1-28 21:30
Phantom doesn't send signal down a cable, its over wifi. Its not that they have a problem with each  ...

I realize that, I have 3 of them.
2015-1-28
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

With DJI now having open source code for app development maybe we are all better off not using Apple products.   They like you to see the world only as Apple sees the world.  Open source is the way to achieve progress.  I took my 400  dollar Ipad Air back to Costco yesterday and purchased a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 for 60 bucks less.  Had extra money to buy a 64 gig card  for my camera and a new USB Micro card reader  all for the same 410 dollars.
2015-1-28
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not trading in my Ipad for an Android. DJI and Apple will work this out.
2015-1-28
Use props
ausidcstaff.ema
lvl.2

United States

I hope I am wrong but I don't think Apple will accept the app as is. It has been stated that video via USB is not supported by Apple due to piracy and other concerns. All the posts about sending letters to Apple asking for it to be approved are all in vain. Its a niche app and apple is not worried about losing Air Pad 2 sales due the relatively small number of Inspire 1 pilots.  DJI violated the rules and they knew it going in and while developing the application and they caught called on it and will have to rework the app if Apple doesn't approve it. I think you can see the writing on the wall with the removal of any mention of support for it on the DJI site. Like I said I hope I'm wrong but DJI bungled the app and knows it or should know it.
2015-1-28
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

ausidcstaff.ema Posted at 2015-1-28 23:25
I hope I am wrong but I don't think Apple will accept the app as is. It has been stated that video v ...

So what do you think they should have done?
2015-1-28
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

ausidcstaff.ema Posted at 2015-1-28 23:25
I hope I am wrong but I don't think Apple will accept the app as is. It has been stated that video v ...

Sounds like you have some inside info the rest of us are missing. Or is your post just speculation?

Thanks.
2015-1-28
Use props
ausidcstaff.ema
lvl.2

United States

I work with developers that create iOS and Android apps and have asked our iOS lead developer about video via USB on iOS devices and he reiterated what others have said that while the functionality is there its a well known "do not enter zone". He also stated that an app should have never been released to the general public directly rather the through the Apple Store. The quickness at which DJI pulled the plug and then removed all traces of iOS support speaks volumes. I really hope it gets approved since I have an Air Pad 2 and love the functionality, but I think DJI was told by Apple to remove the App and that if DJI didn't know they were violating the TOS their development team management don't have a clue or was told to ignore by upper management.

This site says 8 days how many has it been? http://appreviewtimes.com/

2015-1-28
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

ausidcstaff.ema Posted at 2015-1-29 02:10
I work with developers the create iOS and Android apps and have asked our iOS lead developer about v ...

Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated.
2015-1-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

ausidcstaff.ema Posted at 2015-1-29 02:10
I work with developers that create iOS and Android apps and have asked our iOS lead developer about  ...

Currently there are 2 known apps that use video in over usb.. Well the 'do not enter zone" seems to have been made into a "enter zone"
2015-1-28
Use props
ausidcstaff.ema
lvl.2

United States

LOL I hope it applies in this case as well Blade_Strike!
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules