Chicago Metro No Fly Zone
901 5 2016-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plymire
New

Anyone in Chicago notice the MASSIVE no fly zone (in Red) this weekend?  I have not been able to fly at all and wondering if it's universal or if I'm missing some sort of software update...

2016-7-10
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Yes I was just out flying and experienced that. I first noticed this on my iPad which was on the previous version of the DJI Go app and the place I was flying had no wifi. So I pulled out my iPhone which is on the latest app software and was able to fly just as before. I came home updated my iPad to the latest app version and the red no fly zones are now gone. I did not do a test flight from my iPad yet but the red zones are now gone.
2016-7-10
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I just did a test flight with the latest version of the DJI Go app both with wifi on and off and all is well again. Whew!!!
2016-7-10
Use props
Plymire
New

Thanks for the feedback!  I didn't see any suggested update, but I'm going to go look now...  again, many thanks!
2016-7-10
Use props
RoccoT31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289318 ft

I flew yesterday at grant park no problem and no nfz on map except around solider field and us cellular.... is there any way to fly at either one of those stadiums  with the nfz ?
2016-7-12
Use props
scottrhoyt
lvl.1

United States

I noticed the exact same thing over the July 4th weekend. To me it looked like a Presidential TFR because there was a second NFZ over the president's neighborhood. That being said, I checked all the relevant NOTAMs as well as via Airmap and there was no such TFR. In fact the news said the president was nowhere near Chicago. I think this was a data problem on DJIs part.
2016-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules