Flashing Yellow Light after install Upgrade Kit
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
perfectmark
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I am hoping someone here has a solution to this, as I have searched the net and haven't found a fix so far.

My phantom (1.0) has been working fine since I got it (2013), but this Christmas I decided to install the Phantom Upgrade Kit so I can install a Zenmuse.  However ever since doing that, I get the fast flashing yellow lights on the Phantom which means unbound transmitter.  So far I have:

-Rebound the transmitter using the buttom on the reciever, the light (on the reciever) goes out when the transmitter is rebound (meaning there is a connection), but I still get the yellow flashing light on the Phantom itself.
-Did a reset on the Naza by plugging a 3 pin cable between the F1 and F2 ports, powering the Phantom on and off.  Removing the cable, then plugging it into the computer to do a firmware update to 4.02.  I have also updated firmware on the upgrade board.  Then imported the latest config file and did the advanced calibration.
-Switched the controller type between D-Bus and PPM in the Naza software.  I have left at PPM for now as I believe it is only later Phantoms which should be D-Bus?  
-The motors all work when tested in the Naza software, so I at least I did the resoldering bit correct.  

When plugging the Phantom into my computer, the only error that comes up is about the Compass needing calibration, but since the Phantom doesn't seem to recognise the controller properly, I can't do this.  The software shows the Phantom stuck in failsafe mode (which I am assuming is just because it can't see the transmitter) and moving any of the sticks on the transmitter do not show any movement in the software.  

I have seem some people that have this issue after installing the upgrade kit manage to resolve by doing the Naza reset, but didn't work for me (maybe I am doing it wrong?).  

2015-1-24
Use props
spuckett7
lvl.1

United States

" plugging a 3 pin cable between the F1 and F2 ports" -- I remember reading about that NAZAM reset and I'm pretty sure it said you're only supposed to put a jumper across the BOTTOM connectors, not all three.  That might have something to do with your problem (or maybe not) but I'd at least go back and find the article that described how it's done and make sure!
2015-1-25
Use props
perfectmark
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply, I just checked and you are right, you only need 1 cable:

I must have looked up how to reset one of the other NAZA units previously.  Unfortunately it didn't make any difference in my case, I even tried a firmware downgrade to 3.12, but didn't work ether.  
2015-1-26
Use props
arrowart
New

United States

perfectmark Posted at 2015-1-27 06:09
Thanks for the reply, I just checked and you are right, you only need 1 cable:
https://www.youtube.c ...

So how do you do a firmware update  from 3.6 to 2.0
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced