Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying inside a building
830 4 2016-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trevor3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1585568 ft
Jersey

Hi all

Ok, I don't have a commercial licence and if you want to do aerial work you need one ok no problem fully understand that but the question is does that also extend to flying inside a building with no people in it ?

The CAA in the UK put limits on using a drone outside but I can't find any reference to flying inside.
2016-7-10
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few caveats: I am not a lawyer. Everything that I type below could be 100% incorrect. You seem to be from Jersey, so I'm answering for what I understand of the US laws.

So, there are those that argue that the FAA has not legal authority to create rules surrounding commerce. All the same, the FAA is the body that has made the rules around commercial work with drones. I'm pretty sure that the FAA only has authority in the air - outside. Therefore, flying inside is okay. Your biggest "threat" would be someone suing you if you injure them while flying inside, but if the building is clear, no problems there.

Finally, we are in a grey zone in terms of commercial work with a drone. Sure there is the exemption that you could (possibly) get, but the system is so far behind that I doubt they are administering any of those any more. The testing for the official license doesn't start until late August. That means that it's doubtful that the FAA would ding you for commercial work right now because there isn't a way for you to get a license. Of course, if you crash into someone and hurt them, assume that the lawyer will use this against you in a trial.

Hope this helps!
2016-7-10
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2016-7-10 21:46
A few caveats: I am not a lawyer. Everything that I type below could be 100% incorrect. You seem to  ...

He says in the post that he is in the U.K.  The U.K.  has a place called Jersey.   The one in the U.S. is called New Jersey.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-7-11 03:04
He says in the post that he is in the U.K.  The U.K.  has a place called Jersey.   The one in the  ...

I guess nobody here is sure about the application of law there. Since Jersey has very different laws than that in (rest part) of UK. It's like US Virgin islands..

An interesting thing is that I just saw a user from Georgia, some people might think it's the Georgia in US, while there's actually a Georgia country in central Asia.

To the OP... You may have to ask a lawyer if you want to be absolutely law-abiding...

2016-7-11
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

The way I see it, if nobody is in it, then no one but you knos your flying in there, how can you get in trouble?
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules